Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

There is this, but the quality is very iffy…

https://www.ebay.com/i/273888126971?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=273888126971&targetid=917792142858&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9016919&poi=&campaignid=9343998879&mkgroupid=96003362593&rlsatarget=pla-917792142858&abcId=1139336&merchantid=113621482&gclid=CjwKCAjwi_b3BRAGEiwAemPNU8PYh7p5l7PXblR0oYqfZINVZP8tXtMOm1Q0LoMyrypIq99AwEYaWRoClPIQAvD_BwE

4 Likes

Roger that @SmilingOgre. I wish I knew more about these, the brands, what matters, what didn’t. I wonder if there is a Low Grade, Mid Grade, High Grade comparison chart for us dummies.

I’d sure LOVE to have some Medicine Flower mixes done in a day.

7 Likes

I have tested plenty of Medicine Flower component recipes, and you’re in luck…

I made a Butterscotch and my Ginger Breeze, (both contain MF as a main component) on May 30. They both taste the same now as they did when homogenized then. I just had Butterscotch in my squonk bottle yesterday, and it’s Ginger Breeze today, actually. It’s pretty nifty.

9 Likes

It’s a very limited market. Medical and industrial equipment producers make many models with different capacities not good, better, best. The Chinese unit I posted cuts a lot of corners like one bushing in the probe that is teflon, very poor machining and a motor that is pretty sloppy. The GC is on par with industrial standards of build quality and is also optimized for e-juice with a focus on sheering and vacuum and not milling (grinding of tissue).

8 Likes

Quick note… how many of us have dropped $200 on a fancy mod? How many of us have $200 worth of gear on a shelf we no longer use? Cost effectiveness is quite relative. Here’s a little fellow that won’t end up on a shelf. It will be a staple of your DIY mixing regimen, and I believe it will make you a better mixer, because there is now the ability to mix and test many different variations of a recipe in the time it would take to test just one with Father Time. (‘You’ is a generalization for anyone, not just you). Time and extreme patience can be the bane of a DIY mixer -I know it is for me- and if I can eliminate those factors it opens a lotta doors.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Since many of those smaller scale homogenizers are used in situations that involve preparations of suspensions and granular products (grinding tissue, for instance), they won’t really do what you want for the e-juice since none of that is in play. And like you said, the cheaper they are the less effective and durable they become. Which is a shame, because we’d all have been using them for a long time now if they were optimized for e-juice.

6 Likes

Lol, It will work for 30ml batches. You would have to mix in a container that was taller than wide if that makes sense. I do 10ml test batches with in in a graduated cylinder.

6 Likes

I do 30ml batches with this, I just freehand the GC and tilt my 50ml beaker so the juice goes up to the second hole and it works great.

For me the best thing about the Game Changer is doing test recipes, has saved me so much time. I am an impatient person so this just makes my life so much easier when mixing.

I have a milk frother, that sucks, haven’t used it in years. Have a magnetic mixer I paid over $100 for, haven’t used that in over a year as well. The Game Changer kicks the other mixers I have square in the twig and berries. The magnetic mixer is a joke in comparison and takes forever, 30 to 60 seconds and my mix is fully homogenized and less than 5 minutes in the ultrasonic I got a matured mix that is ready to vape the next day.

I am done waiting for a month at times for mixes to fully mature, that is Game Changing for me. I plan on buying another for a backup, that is how much I want to make sure I am never without.

Edit: I want to be an Ogre when I grow up, his lab is just so cool…adopt me @SmilingOgre :grin:

10 Likes

I understand where yoir coming from if this was an infomercial or a salesman trying to profit but its not . I typically would have a lot of questions and I actually have asked many questions to the man who made this… Ogre is not the only mixer that I know who has the GC and every person i have talked to has put this item to the test. They all have had the same results and they all have no reason to not tell it how it is …

10 Likes

I seriously laughed out loud on that one. You already are a brother of another species, what more do you want? Here’s a tip. Great stainless work benches at great prices…
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/

8 Likes

Those tables could be mass produced out of plastic and sell for 10 bucks from what I can see. :wink:

8 Likes

That’s the truth. I get or want no, zero, nada, profit from this project. I was sent a beta unit for testing at no cost to me and have been working with the designer over time in a very minor role. I believe I may have had something to do with the optimization of E-juice as I reported back that there was one difference where the chinese unit performed a little better being the suction developed per slightly looser tolerances in the rotor/stator, hence the trade off between vacuum/sheer and milling. I am simply an old man who likes to talk about products that are over the top. It’s so rare today.

11 Likes

ROLF, thanks for that. I will give it due consideration.

7 Likes

One more question …have you tested both sizes ???
I am thinking the small one would be better for someone like me . I make a lot of 15ml to 30ml testers than if I really like something I will make a 120ml . The 120ml is usually my largest batch size but usually im a 60ml mixer …

6 Likes

I have not. I think I got the first or second unit off the mill. I have not tested the second size. The one shown in the video is the smaller size and you can see that it addresses 125ml very well. I believe if I remember correctly the second and larger one is aimed at 250 - 500 ml. The impetus for that was small manufacturing/distribution. I believe the small one would address 500ml but would have to be moved around to do that. Rotor and stator size influence area addressed.

7 Likes

Awesome…Thats is grrrrrrrrrrATE ( i know inspelled great wrong ) lol

7 Likes

Thats the exact tool im thinking about…It looks to be the most compact one that was suggested

7 Likes

Dang, how many of y’all have one of these and and and I haven’t been jealous in a really long time but I am starting to feel the beginning twinges. Mostly joking here my friends…

So who is the inventor of this machine. Don’t worry, I won’t try and get one, just curious.

7 Likes

I have the smaller one but have successfully mixed a 500ml batch. I mostly use it for 30ml test batches though.

I bought this set, was cheaper by $5 when I got it though but a great beaker set nonetheless.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JNR8715/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZrH.EbM4658D3

You can heat the VG in these, then add the PG, flavors and homogenize. I then put it with the rubber stopper in the ultrasonic for 5 minutes and add my nicotine in the bottle I will use and pour the mixed juice into it. This is with freebase nicotine, once I switch to salts I will add the nic beforehand.

6 Likes