Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

Not to diminish what @Sprkslfly is stating in any sense, I just want to reiterate that for those of you/us using an ultrasonic cleaner just to remove the gas bubbles from a mix, a consumer grade unit and about five minutes will work well.

11 Likes

Good point my friend!

I should’ve noted that I was speaking from the standpoint of “using a USC to mix with” vs degassing. :wink:

TY for pointing that out!

11 Likes

You’re all good brother Sparks. You were writing about using the UC for mixing. I’ve just noted some confusion among folks as to where, when, and how to use an UC in mixing. Your post is critical IMHO to address that confusion. For me, my consumer grade unit has two essential uses, removing gas bubbles after homogenization and cleaning up attys between builds.

10 Likes

What’s the average wait time for degassing after homogenizing and would it depend on the volume of liquid? And when using a consumer grade UC just for degassing do you abide by the same instructions, setting it upright directly on the bottom with water line equal to eliquid line in bottle?

6 Likes

Not Walt but I let the mix cool down some before degassing but I have gone straight to the UC. My concern is that a 50 or 60 degree difference might crack a glass bottle. I keep room temp water in my UC. I usually “knuckle test” or finger test the mix immediately though have dripped with the mix still warm.

8 Likes

You da man, Dan! I have 3 questions:

1. Can I hire you to plunge my toilet bowl?
  2. What’s the distance between the 2 bottom holes? (1 inch?)
  3. What’s medium speed in RPM terms?

I ask about the hole distance because I’m trying to figure out if this will work in a 10 ml boston round or if it’s better to put your 10 ml tester in a 15 ml bottle? Can the end of the probe touch the bottom of the bottle? It looks like it can from what I can see in your demonstration.

5 Likes

Thanks for the clarifications guys. Sometimes I forget how far down the rabbit hole I’ve gone and go off on tangents I shouldn’t.

Ultrasonic homogenizers (sonicators) have pulse and frequency controls etc. normally not found in U cleaners. Check this out. They are very powerful and have no moving mechanical parts yet produce the same “milky” mix. They cost thousands.

8 Likes

Wowee wow wow wow !!! Just how many thousands? $20-25k?

5 Likes

I looked at other models that were 4 to 6 K. This is likely much more. I won’t be playing with one. :rofl:

6 Likes

Oh well, in that case, got a link? :rofl: If ya believe me, ya don’t know me yet. Since I get no love around my vaping from family and wouldn’t even expect a bag of cotton for Christmas, I decided to give myself a Xmas gift and get a GC. I’ve seen and read enough. Thx to Dan’s video above I have a better RL scenario of what to expect. Any forthcoming questions can be dealt with as I wait. I look forward to this and thank you for all the help. I thank everyone here for the help. So exciting!

11 Likes

Be especially nice to yourself and buy two of them.

6 Likes

I make 125ml bottles and my UC defaults to 5 min when turned on. I just use that 5 min and the bubbles be gone.

8 Likes

Lol, tell you what. If my mixing skills become inspired I’ll buy the large size and start a statewide black market. They just about give us a pot to piss in around here. Vaping is illegal here but we can vape inside a vape lounge. Oh sure, I can’t wait to get to the nearest vape lounge. Btw, where is it?

6 Likes

The older I get, the stupider governments become.

12 Likes

Just adding that I can hear when this happens, as the resistance of the larger particles goes away, the motor eases up and the rpms rise. There’s a slight audible pitch shift when it’s done.

11 Likes

Wow. I had never really noticed but am sure it does from testing motor load with an ammeter with different viscosity and different temps. Methinks maybe I’ve fired too many rifles. Ay, whajasay :laughing: Thanks

15 Likes

:grin: Maybe Sagittarius? Though, I agree. Where would we be without an Aquarius!

6 Likes

Sagi’s are too busy working on their next practical joke…usually at your expense😂!

5 Likes

I’m a Sagittarius! to a T even :upside_down_face: saving up for my large GC soon enough as well! life is tough & crazy lately (lost job due to covid/ helping family out of state with my father in law’s recent brain cancer diagnosis). GC will be my belated bday/ Christmas gift to myself once I can spare the change :star_struck: :gift: I love reading the updates & experiences on this thread. can’t wait to eventually chime in.

11 Likes

I find that very plausible because I can hear when my tap water turns from cold to hot. Makes sense because the faucet probably starts expanding as it gets hotter. That’s why horn players have to “warm up” before playing :wink:

8 Likes