Introduction Holly

I have recently joined the forum… this is all a learning curve because not only is diy e liquid new to me… so is joining a forum! So I apologise if I get lost on here and post something somewhere it shouldn’t be.

My name is Holly and I live in Cornwall in England. I smoked a packet a day for 33 years until March this year when I went into my local vape shop and said “help”! I have already got steeping 3 one shot concentrates to begin with. And a couple attempts at some stand alone single flavours. I use mtl at 50/50 ratio in a Oxva Xlim Pro Pod Kit. I love vanilla, Biscuit, cheesecakes flavours and some strawberry.
Not sure if this is all too much info or in a wrong area so please delete if needed.
I am looking forward to learning and have been reading a lot. You all seem a helpful friendly group.
Many thanks.

18 Likes

Welcome! I learned the hard way to read the introduction pages. Site can be a challenge to navigate otherwise.

8 Likes

Just tap elr home then choose Resources.

6 Likes

Thanks for that. Didnt know how to access much on here at all. Last night I couldnt see the woods for the trees! Thanks.

9 Likes

Greetings from Devon @Cornish_Holly Welcome to the Forum.

7 Likes

Welcome Holly!

6 Likes

Ha not far away! Zero diy stores down this way!

6 Likes

I dont know how to reply individually so I’ll just generically say hi everyone and looking forward to mixing with you :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum , glad you joined …

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums!! :blush:

6 Likes

Greetings from :canada: Cornish Holly. Grab a pint and pull up a chair.
If you want to reply to some one/thing individually, below that post you should see a ‘Reply’, or lower down the screen another ‘Reply’ that you’ve so far normally used.

5 Likes

Got it thanks @big_vape :grin:. Getting there!
I havent touched a cigarette since the day I went into the vape shop and I really enjoy vaping! I always seem to be vaping mind you but I tend to use 6mg or 10mg depending on the commercial brand but mixing my own I’ll be doing 6mg. I love the thought of making flavours that appeal to me, instead of a shop full of various combinations of fruit :smile:. I also admit diy thoughts first came to me because of the dreaded words “flavour ban”. Unfortunately this was after I panicked and honestly stockpiled 15 months worth of my 2 favorite flavours!!! Long steep times won’t be an issue :grin:.
Think I am going to have a good look around the forum and learn lots. Thanks everyone.

10 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Cornish_Holly.

6 Likes

Oh I remember my first few times here; pure confusion until someone sent me the link. Enjoy the journey!

8 Likes

Unfortunately not many UK Vape shops encourage DIY. If you need any help sourcing anything just shout. Been mixing for 10+ years… Still searching for the perfect custard!!

6 Likes

Welcome to elr @Cornish_Holly ! Glad to hear you’re off the Stinky’s. Lots of good help here. DIY can be so much cheaper than store bought. As long as you can resist buying every flavor known to man. There is a lot of flavors.

8 Likes

Welcome @Cornish_Holly

Lots of excellent mixers and information on this forum.

What are your 2 favourite flavours?

8 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have been sourcing flavours, bottles syringes etc from Darkstar Vapour and also Flavour Boss. I have some one shots made up along my favorite flavours tastes . The 2 commercial favourite ones i bought were Element Vanilla and also IVG Vanilla Biscuit which had a slight custard addition. I also used Bar Juice Strawberry Ice every now and then for a palate cleanser which i enjoyed but gave me brain freeze after too much!
I am hoping using a mtl kit i will still get the most out of the concentrate flavours and mixes.
And yes I have also found the entire e liquid buying very addictive!!! Ive bought about 11 concentrates and 3 one shots already and only began a week ago when got the digital scales
Have to say I’ve found the whole industry so helpful and knowledgeable and patient :blush: thanks. About to walk the dog in the rain !

7 Likes

Greetings from the other side of the country, well the middle of the uk to be precise,lol. Cornwall is a lovely place, been there a few times when i was younger, penzance & lands end i believe. also been to white acres a few times, i would say cornwall is probably one of the best places to live in the uk. Anyway, welcome, you definitely came to the right place👍
& just incase you didnt know, the best places to order diy supplies in uk are -
nomnomz
theecigshop
the alchemists cupboard
darkstar
You can order from bull city but it takes 7-10 days to get to uk & shipping is £16 (mine took 8 days).

Theres also a couple of reliable sellers on ebay for tfa & cap flavours -
flavour-it
prime vapour
(almost sure they have some inw & fa too? fa = flavour creative)
I have ordered from them all & they are 100% safe/legit, with nomnomz & the ecig shop being the best. ecig shop are great with their deliveries, huge discounts if you mention dread or use code dreads & they always throw in extras/freebies, their fa are under flavour max & inawera under flavourika. nomz have the best selection though out of any diy site i have used.
Sorry for the long post just thought id add this info for you or any new uk mixers looking for places to get diy supplies. :v:

10 Likes