Introduction Holly

Thank you for the cream advice. I’ll have a good read before buying any.
I think I entered the rabbit hole last week! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Cornish_Holly! Glad to have you here and off the stinky’s :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum and glad you found us. You’ve gotten some good advice and these folks here know what they are talking about. They were so helpful when I started my DIY journey. Be prepared to make some delicious juice and some that taste like dog sh*t. People here reminded me that mistakes are learning experiences and should be expected. Learning what doesn’t work is just as important as learning what works…for YOU. Gotta say that DIY’ing is more fun than buying pre-made juice and WAY cheaper. Plus you get to customize the mixes to your personal preference.
Remember to have fun on your mixing journey.

8 Likes

Thank you very much @muth.

6 Likes

I expect marketing commissions :wink: :smile:

5 Likes

Some of my favourite creams & biscuity flavours atm are - ssa ice cream vanilla-ssa whipped cream-cnv sweet cream-cap smooth custard-tfa meringue-ssa shortbread cookie-ssa crumbly cookie-cap cookie crumble-cnv cookie-inw biscuit-cap silverline biscuit-fa cookie-ssa cheesecake on graham-cap cereal27.

When searching for recipes check the vg/pg ratio they use, if its 70/30 it was most likely designed for an rda & may not work so well in a pod?
Remember to keep your recipes simple aswell, these 8-12 ingredient recipes dont usually translate well to mtl pods. I try to keep it to 4-5 ingredients max for pod recipes, +sweetener. Super sweet works wonders for really bringing out that flavour, i recommend purilum super sweet over caps all day.

Whats up with darkstar anyway sending out concentrates in non-dripper bottles? I would recommend using nomnomz in the future, cheaper,faster & just overall better, use code ‘noted15’ for 15% off your entire order at nomnomz, code ‘AAFL’ also gets you 15% off at nomz incase one code gets stopped for whatever reason. SSA concentrates are only £1.29 for a 10ml aswell for the most part, i highly recommend ssa for new mixers because most of their flavours are good, they’re cheaper & being a lot stronger than most other brands you get a lot more for your money. When you see a flavour you like the sound of cross check the notes on elr to see what people are saying about it (from the e-liquid-recipes main calculator side not this forum side), just click ‘user’ then go down to ‘flavor list’ to search for the flavour.:v:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Cornish_Holly :tada:

8 Likes

Do you like a egg style custard or a pudding style @Cornish_Holly

I prefer eggy style and highly recommend CAP Vanilla Custard V1 which you have already, mixed with INW Custard which is even more eggy.

Cream wise, I still use old school TFA and/or FW Bavarian Cream, TFA Sweet Cream and FA Custard Premium which is a pudding like custard that works as more of a cream for me. Marshmallow, both FA and CAP I use often and also FA Meringue.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Cornish_Holly :+1:t2: :clap:t2:

6 Likes

I am beginning to think that I should have bought a bigger notebook cos have tons of advice jotted down now!!
I cant thank everyone enough for their input, time and advice people have given me. I am so glad I’ve joined this forum and getting to know people and their favorite recipes etc.
I have started mixing some and have for now stuck to single flavours and 2 flavours only. I used percentages based on reading the reviews of flavours because people often write what they make up with the co concentrate.
I had initially wondered about changing to sub ohm but its early days and i like the draw and inhale in mouth of mtl.
I hadnt even heard of Ssa before now so another suggestion taken note of!! Thanks so much.
With the custards preference I can’t really answer that one yet because I’ve yet to buy a premixed nic salt custard that appealed! LegioX came nearest for my favorite taste really it was creamy. I have a terrible sweet tooth!
And I haven’t ever received a concentrate with a dripper top to it hence using needles and spillages! I shall take a look at that nomnomz thingy website.
Thanks so much everyone :blush:

12 Likes