"Iron Vaper" Competitions

I pretty much do that with my eggplant but do an almond milk ( instead of egg wash ) then dip it in Panko and bake it in the oven. I slice mine über thin my fiancé likes his sliced a lil thicker.

Thanks for the tip I’ll have to try the progesso bread crumbs :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I like them about 1/16 inch thick. I also dust them with parm cheese. Real trick to egg plant I’ve found is getting a smaller younger one, as this limits seed and acidity. Anyway this recipes is one I always use in conjunction with my venison. I thin slice it also and dipp it in yellow mustard and then flour bread crumb mix and fry . pow ! Now that’s flavor baby! Lol . as a side I use angel hair pasta (half a pack ) with 1/2 tbls of garlic salt and 6 tbls of butter . remove from pot into a cool dish to vent sticking and ad d parm to taste. Enjoy PS . I don’t make diet food lol

1 Like

Are you folks extracting the nicotine from those eggplants before cooking them? :wink:

2 Likes

I guess I better Adapt your recipes lol. I eat vegetarian I know I know. I saw your venison was in there… Have had it many times in my life. It in fact would be a meat I would consider ( consider underlined lol )
If I were to eat meat again. It is clean and lean and a deer’s diet isn’t too bad either making their meat not clogged with cholesterol and sure as heck not fed whatever man feeds beef pork chicken.

Ok ok way off track.

Thanks for your thoughts ! I too choose small younger eggplants.

1 Like

Buffalo is even better. We have a dairy bar here that serves buffalo burgers. They are so good. I don’t eat much beef. Rarely anyway. Mostly seafood. I could easily go vegan, but I would have a very hard time giving up shrimp, scallops, and lobster. Oh and Salmon. I drove past a cattle farm in Kansas one day. From a mile or two away it wouldn’t even fit in the frame of the camera. And there was barely a gap between the cattle. They were all jammed in there together. Must have been owned by McDonalds. No thank you.

1 Like

So… we doin’ this or not? I am gonna take @DarthVapor down! Gettin’ all pumped up :triumph: Bring it on Chef! LOL

3 Likes

If you want black pepper to vape just use crappy nic lol

NOOOO!!!
Don’t listen to mat2! He’s BAD for YOU!
Bad nic has it’s place. THE DRAIN!

1 Like

Hope something comes from this idea eventually…

Slightly ironic that it is my job of being a chef that keeps me from furthering this idea but my off season is approaching.

I do plan on continuing this idea and bringing it to something that everyone can be a part of. It was an idea I wanted to get feedback on and to see if it was something that could be done.

I promise you, when I have my off time and no longer working 130+ hour weeks, we will do something!!

1 Like

Going through some old replies in my profile and spotted this thread and thought I would give it a bump again…:slight_smile:

As a sometimes sous chef and really want to be (not a wanna be) seriously trained chef I love the idea. Although I haven’t done it professionally for many many years I try to keep my skills honed by volunteering to do things at our mobile park and family gatherings.

I think something along the lines of a cross between chopped and Iron Chef would be the way to go.

1 Like

Can I be Alton Brown? Please?? I have a great announcer’s voice!

Ooh, yes! This sounds fun!! I like the idea of having different categories with a number of flavors in each, and everyone has to choose at least one flavor from each category.

Or they pick a set of numbers like a lottery and then find out what flavors or flavor profiles they have to work with. The things I coming back too is that not all of us do tobacco stuff. if we do a box or category with tobacco in it maybe have a few alternate items in that box as well. and to participate you have to have a public stash. Then if you draw a flavor and claim you don’t have it it can be verified and an alternate chosen by the judge from your flavor stash. That way nobody will be forced to buy something they will never use again. Should we do it all in one day or allow the contestants to have a day of planning. Also are we gonna judge off of a written recipe or do they have to send a sample to the judges?

I think someone suggested that we put the entries up on elr and title them “competition recipe” or something. I think it would be a while that the competition would need to go on since there’s steeping time and everything. Or it could just be a challenge for fun to see what you can do within the parameters. An actual competition would be pretty difficult to actually pull off, but a challenge would be really fun!

Would be so cool if we could get a couple companies to kick in prizes for the winners.

1 Like