"Iron Vaper" Competitions

I guess I will wait a while before I input the 100s I have on my computer before I joined ELR then :wink:

Yeah you slacker!! So lazy you are! With work, school, work, school, dependants, lifeā€¦school! Just do something already slacker!! :wink:

2 Likes

OH SNAP!

Want good participation? Part of the voting rules -

Only qualified votes will count. To qualify you must rate and leave a comment if you have made and tried the recipe. Qualified voters will be entered into a drawing to be held and a winner selected from the qualified votes of the winning recipe(s). Prize will be (insert cool ass item like a eVic VTC mini or something). Only one vote per Iron Vaper recipe per voter.

2 Likes

Or kickass if your name isā€¦hmmmā€¦I donā€™t knowā€¦Jo? as in @JoJo! Okā€¦ Juicy Orangeā€¦BAM, DONE! :wink:

2 Likes

You have now been promoted to the brains of the operation!

2 Likes

I would agree to that lol.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Juice Orange would count. Itā€™d have to be Juicy Orange and Orange. LoL.

1 Like

I also do like the idea of having a pool of flavors. This wouldnā€™t work for this game but for another competition it would be great!
For example, lets say 20 people are in and all 20 only have X amount of the exact same flavors to work with and need to create something with only those flavors. I think it would be pretty great to see the variations

1 Like

With that idea, out of 20 people your going to have 20 different versions lol.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the point! Say you start with a pool of only 15 flavors, everyone would (hopefully) make something different and unique out of those 15.
I wouldnā€™t make the pool obvious like, SB ripe, Cheesecake, Graham and marshmallow. Because then you are right, everyone would just make a version of SB cheese cake.
Iā€™m thinking a pool of say 5 fruits, 5 creams, 5 misc (liquid amber, flora, whatever) and so onā€¦

The rules could be, everyone has to use 1 item out of every category or what have you, then you would be left with 20 dif recipes

2 Likes

Now thay idea would work. I would love to see what we came out with. I love that idea. Then just in case of a tie at the end. The 2 that is tied will send there bottles to death lol. And let him decide the overall winner. Because i can use another mod lol hahaha

2 Likes

I love this idea, even though I would suck badly at it. I have only a few recipes of my own that have been any good. But then again, I have only made 6 of my own LOL. Count me in man. I donā€™t really like Iron Chef, but I do watch it occasionally. Beat Bobby Flay is one of my favs. How about we play Beat LordVapor? LOL. Or Vaped (play on Chopped)?

But seriously, I think this could be really, really fun. Especially now that I have accumulated 40 new flavors in the past week.

Great idear man!

2 Likes

Him and I were at the same event in NY and I met him while we were on the red carpet and he seemed like an awesome guy! The next day we bumped into each other at a pre-party and he went off and started making out with these women on a couch. Like in a disgusting wtf are you doing type of a way, plus it was NOT the setting for such a thingā€¦anyways thatā€™s when I lost all respect for the man because he is/was married to a gorgeous girl who was right next door at the timeā€¦
Iā€™m sure thatā€™s a strange thing for a guy to say but I really hate people who cheat

4 Likes

Yeah. Hard to say what being a celebrity would do to a person with low morals. I agree with ya though. I only watch Beat Bobby because I hope he gets beat. I like the sincerity of the celebrity chefs on Chopped much more.

And that whacko Alton Brown from Cutthroat Kitchen LOL. I like him too. I watched a show he did on washing mushrooms. The guyā€™s a hoot!

1 Like

Yeah it was more of the attitude he was putting off while he was doing it. Like Iā€™m king shit and can do anythingā€¦which I guess he obviously could but stillā€¦when the entire party feels uncomfortable, maybe thatā€™s a cue to stop haha
Alton is good people!

Iā€™d like to throw him and Simon Cowell in a gunny sack, see which one survives.

1 Like

Alton, because he will have a wicked Chefā€™s knife with him.

I bet these vendors would spring for twelve of some item or other as a prize . heck they send gobs of stuff to these reviewers. Which would let us have twelve competitions . then as we would be having multiple comps we could get crazy with the types of flavors and requirements of each comp

3 Likes

Btw Amy 2 I adore eggplant too. Try it thin sliced ,then egg wash it then progresso bread crumbs add a Lil flour to bind it the lightly fry in a Lil olive oil.

4 Likes

I think a 3rd party sponsor (flavor vendor for example, they offer free shipping?) could name an ingredient(as a main ingredient or supporting flavor), on a Friday night (for example)ā€¦and either A: youā€™ve already got it in your arsenal (youā€™ve got an advantage), or B: you order friday night(after hours of course) or early Saturday, to get the flavor out before Saturday shipping cutoff (slight advantage) or C: youā€™re late to the challenge topic ingredient thread (duh on your part) AND donā€™t have the ingredient (if youā€™re really unlucky) and hafta order when you order (disadvantage) but letā€™s hope D: you have a recipe to be confident about.
The prize thing would sort itself out differently, Iā€™m sure, every month.
Win win win!!!

1 Like

Yeah those were my thoughts on it . or they could send out samples of new flavor s to see what some of our better mix gurus could do with them