Is it even possible for me to taste strawberry in this recipe

I am missing the Yogurt and I only have Banana Cream (LA) and (TFA). I read yogurt has some “bad” stuff in it. ROFL but I love Acetoin & Dactyl they are yummy!

I may get some yogurt in the future (never was a fan)… mixing your own is so much better than the premium juice I bought in the past. One thing I have found is banana bread is not my thing.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

i have not worked with koolada my understanding is that it is a menthol and im not a fan of any menthol i could be wrong about this though excuse me if i am

1 Like

Koolada is more that ‘cold’ feeling from menthol but without much of that minty taste. Personally, I still got a little bit of the menthol taste, but not very much at all. It’s very nice. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that I’m allergic. :confused: I was really bummed cuz I liked vaping it and I don’t really like minty or menthol vapes.

2 Likes

ty for clearing that up but even the slightest taste of menthol disturbs me it sounds like an interesting product though one ill continue to pass on lol

1 Like

Hey those are my recipes! So if you have trouble tasting some of the strawberry, you can add a bit of EM to maybe bring some more of the inherent sweetness in the strawberry flavorings. I would also test those flavors solo to see if it’s not a flavoring consistency issue, or to see if you’re (hopefully not) one of those who just can’t taste strawberry. Substituting flavors isn’t usually a good idea. Hope it works out for you!

3 Likes

I have tried to work with koolada to give a cool feeling to desert mixes, but it never turns out right for me. It always feels like it’s separate from the rest of the mix, no matter how well it’s mixed or steeped. It does ‘feel’ like a menthol, without the mint. It just makes some mixes feel odd, so I just avoid mostly.

Thank you for responding. With “Boardwalk” should I be adding so many enhancers to the recipe? AP, koolada and EM? I will be testing CAP strawberry alone as you suggested.

I’d like to tell you that " Cereal Marshmallow Strawberry Milk" is one juice I always have on hand. People have even asked to buy it from me ( I won’t do that ) I figure f’em… when they spend some time and money getting into DIY, then I will share your recipe.

2 Likes

Yes and No. For me I feel the cool sensation a little on inhale and the exhale mostly. You said you use it in “desert mixes” No no no it should be used with Ice cream… like in Dreamsicle it is the only ingredient I measure by drops ( 2 drops per 5ml )

Just like when you eat ice cream. You take a bite, first you notice the cool then you taste the orange / cream and your mouth it left with a cool feeling.

2 Likes

That’s what I meant by desert, ice cream deserts, it’s all I have tried it in.

2 Likes

@Bogey_Again there you go wayne walker just gave you your answer i always suggest asking the person responsible for the recipe they have done the most tweaking to get it where it is

2 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Bogey_Again! I know that made your day… On flavor blindness …do you taste SB in premium juice? I think most folks giving you advice here are saying this is a steeping issue. It could be you are doing Max VG (don’t add any PG after flavors) which is fine but requires even more time in the dark (and more vigorous mixing!).

As others said it truly could be you don’t sense the chemicals used in the FA and TPA extracts. When you compare $$ with the Medicine Flower the cost increase can be attributed to a more natural source of whatever flavor instead of a synthesized chemical reconstruction used in the less expensive flavorings. It’d be worth the money if you could truly enjoy a fav SB vape! Personally I’m going to be makin’ me some Pro_Vapes SB base…

One of the most valuable lessons in DIY is understanding how it could be possible to put in so much flavoring that you cannot taste it, but it looks like you already figured that out. It’s your natural tasting ability however that no recipe can address, and only you can discover and define… the definition when you see everyone say “subjective”.

2 Likes

Two things, try adding about half a percent of either TPA sour or FA Lemon Sicily. The tart flavor tends to bring out the fruits in a recipe. Also anything that has a cream or milk flavor in it I always steep for minimum or 14 days after a 2 hour bath in my UC. Adding sour seems to turn the bland to the bomb. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for a warm welcome :kissing: I would have preferred a hug emoji but there isn’t one.

sigh I was hoping someone had gone through the same thing as me and had an answer.

do you taste SB in premium juice?

Yes… some. Yes, I only add VG to my mixes. I think Dawn4 was correct that for me “Banana can really take over a recipe and choke out a lot of the other flavors.” I have stared list of recipes that are lacking strawberry flavor to see if there is a pattern.

Medicine Flower is something I will be getting in the future.

1 Like

I will try the FA Lemon Sicily and let them steep a little longer.

If you go this route I’d suggest getting some Pyure sweetener. MF is a little too natural for some people. The Pyure really help mellow and sweeten MF. It also make these flavors pop.[quote=“GPC2012, post:32, topic:69886”]
TPA sour
[/quote]

I haven’t tried TPA Sour, but I also use a sour/tart agent with some fruits to bring out flavor… Sour Wizard FA

1 Like

This has probably been said already, but banana cream is pretty potent, i have a mix i use it in with strawberry also with similar %. It takes over a week for the banana to calm itself down some and for the strawberry to poke thru. You were right IMO to lower the banana cream to 4% but let it steep a week or two and you should start to get that strawberry note you are wanting…

1 Like

Some will say this is a no no. I use this in a recipe for a friend and she’s never complained about it fading flavors. I don’t use it in may personal recipes because IMO there are better choices for sweeteners and flavor poppers.

2 Likes

I have also heard using a small (0.5%) lemon can make strawberry and other fruits pop more also. Pear at about 1% can work wonders in mysterious ways also, might be worth experimenting with too

1 Like

I have one of Bionic Vapor’s recipes called Profits Drunken Cheesecake. It’s banana, strawberry, Malibu rum and cheesecake. I unfortunately have a signed agreement with Jorge the Owner of Bionic Vapor (sadly it is now closed) Don’t even get me started about it… Anyway this is the bomb for banana strawberry flavors. I will say this if you use the CAP Banana and Sweet Strawberry they seem to compliment each other very well.

3 Likes

Both are basically citric acid.

1 Like