Is it in your plans to quit vaping?

My story is quite peculiar. I started vaping a bit, in 2008, but the tech was not ready back then, so that was just a brief excursion into the world of vaping. In the winter of 2010 it was really really cold here in Denmark, and I didn’t want to go outside to smoke, so I ordered an Ego. It was so surprisingly good, that I didn’t need cigarettes. I wasn’t planning on quitting the stinkies, but I didn’t need them any longer.

I don’t have any plans to quit vaping though - I’ve stepped down on the nic a bit, but I see this as a hobby that I’m having a good time with.

What about you? Did you get to vaping to try to quit cigarettes? Do you have plans to quit vaping as well?

3 Likes

Not anytime soon, i enjoy every aspect of the hobby very much. Been quite smoking for over two years, the day i got my ego starter kit, after smoking for 30+ years. The community is pretty fun as well, i partake in many get togethers at my local B&M.

2 Likes

I started, let say, trying to vape in October of 2013. I had smoked analogs for over 47 years. I needed to quit badly. Why I say trying to vape is that I started with the cartridge type electronic cigarettes. I could not handle these type e-cigs because they would released all at once as you sucked on the unit, making me cough my butt off. My daughter picked some kind of Innokin VV/VW mod and a nautilus for herself and got me to try it. I said, hey, I can control my hit with this. Yes I’m coughing a bit but I think I can handle this once I get use to it. On Nov 8, 2013 I went to the smoke shop I would buy my cigarettes from and instead of buying my weekly carton made the decision to instead buy my first vape. Yes it was a piece of junk. At the time I knew little about e-cigs. This unit began leaking in my hand within 2 weeks time. Next I discovered a Vape Shop. Went in bought a Kanger this time. Hated changing coils every 7 days and all the burnt wick hits but I put up with it and continued to NOT smoke. I was in the silver jewelry business and was so burnt out mentally from 20+ years of doing it that I decided to make a switch to a retail Vape Shop. I discovered hardware vendors, flavor vendors and soaked up every bit of knowledge I could and within 3 month of putting down cigarettes I opened up my own Vape Shop. Now I always use Aspire Products and I’m happy as punch vaping a decent unit. Being I blend my own juice I too have been stepping down on nicotine 2mg at a time. I am now at 6mg. Will I ever stop vaping? Probably not. As long as I continue to sell e-cig products I will have to continue to show the customer that I use the products myself. One thing you learn quickly selling e-cig products, the unit you personally use, your customer thinks is a good unit to buy. Sooo, that means even if I get away from nicotine completely I will vape while in my shop no matter what I decide to do at home, etc. As of today I am a non smoker and have been that way for over 1 year and 3 months and counting…

6 Likes

Altough only eight weeks into Vaping and off tobacco, I’m down from 18 to 15 on the nic level. I will continue to reduce hopefully to zero.I am starting to enjoy the flavors more now than the nicotine,so I can’t see myself Vaping zero nic just for the flavors.im sure it will take a while ,but as of right now I am enjoying the ride and happy to be off the tobacco.

4 Likes

Yeah, I got into vaping to substitute that nicotine for the nicotine I was receiving 30+ times a day with stinkies, plus chewing tobacco when I wasn’t able to smoke. Took me 6 months to finally wean myself off the real leaves. It got easier and easier to put down the real leaves. Being a heavy vaper, it didn’t take long to go from 24mg Nic down to 18mg, then 12mg. I’m somewhere between 12 and 6mg at the present time. I still like the buzz. Add a pot of coffee and I’m ready to go play. Stop vaping…not in my future.

2 Likes

When i first started vaping about a year ago. It was my intent to use a e-cig to wean myself off cigs then quit vaping. But over time I really enjoy vaping and all the aspects of it. From trying to learn everything I can about it to meeting new people in the vaping world. So as of now I dont see myself quitting vaping. I enjoy it too much.

3 Likes

I don’t ever plan on quitting vaping, but after a few years of DIY I’ve gone from 24mg to 2.5. I’ve tried zero, but not sure if I can handle that anytime soon. I’ve loved vaping from the beginning, at least since I found something better than my first GreenCig from 2009. Gives me everything I loved about smoking. And I LOVED smoking.

3 Likes

Nope… Not quitting anytime soon. I vape to get of them stinkies… Now its just an obsessive hobby that i have. But looking into lowering down my nic some more…

2 Likes

I started vaping about 5 years ago. Of course back then the technology was fairly new and not quite as advanced as today. I did manage to go from 2 packs a day down to half a pack which was a real achievement for me. Now, I’m a full time Vapor. Started at 18% and now at 5% I’m planning on eliminating nicotine all together this coming summer but not sure if I’ll quit vaping. I really enjoy my clouds.

1 Like

I smoked for 21 years. 2 packs a day for as long as I can remember. My sister started vaping and was being very annoying about me trying it. She left an ego with me and it sat for about 2 months in my cabinet before I decided it was too cold to go outside for a smoke. I told everyone not to expect me to quit but sure enough I did. It’s been well over a year and I’m down to 4mg. I don’t plan to quit vaping when I reach 0mg.

3 Likes

@Kelly3 you give me hope for my sister and brother-in-law. I am the annoying sister trying to get them to switch. I’ve stocked them up with kits and extra batteries and bottles of juice but so far no dice. Ya just can’t force someone if they aren’t ready.

I loved smoking. Smoking was my best friend. I literally had an emotional breakdown in my younger, stupider days when an ex told me to quit or he’d leave. I did…for like three days. Good riddance. LOL

So, no…I don’t plan on ever quitting. I’m quite happy. I didn’t start to quit, and I had a couple of false starts along the way as well. But, it satisfies everything that cigarettes did without me waking up every morning feeling like I’m dying. I may drop to 0 nic, may not. I have a twinge of guilt every once in awhile when I think, “I’m such an addict…” but a couple good clouds and it passes pretty quickly. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You’re right, you can’t force anyone to quit otherwise they’ll go back sooner or later. You’ve done your part and given them the tools and information. Now it’s their turn.

This is quite true, if I could force people to quit I would be a rich man by now. Well, at least I can say that I have actually gotten quite a few to quit though. Makes ya feel good about that for sure…

My buddy bought me a battery as a wedding gift last year to help me quit smoking. My wife was fine with it, as she has always been a non-smoker. Since then, I have moved from 18mg to 6mg, with the intent of dropping to 0mg and then dropping the hobby altogether. But … I love vaping. I tried to drop to 0mg for a bit, but found I really am into nicotine.

So, quitting vaping really isn’t on my list, though my wife is pushing for that now. However, I don’t think I’m going to stop for some time. I moved up to a drip-tank and am wrapping my own coils, as well as DIY ejuice, and the cost of vaping has dropped dramatically. So now it’s a hobby, I suppose.

3 Likes

Well, I want to quit smoking. I have been smoking for several years. I just know E-Cigarette can help me. I just know it from ave40. Can somebody recommend me some?

My story is a little different since I quit the analogs about ten years before I started vaping. So, I didn’t start vaping to quit smoking cigarettes, I started vaping to loose weight. My bad habit was snacking too much between dinner and bedtime. Vaping has helped cut back considerably on snacking. So nicotine has not been an issue for me, I started at 6% in commercial ejuice, but soon dropped to 2% then 1% when I began mixing my own. I enjoy a little nic in my tobacco mixes, but quite a bit of my mixes are 0% nic. Like most of you, vaping has become a hobby that I really enjoy and don’t see myself quiting any time soon. Another great aspect of this hobby is the diversity of the people enjoying it. Just in this thread along we have European, American, male, female, young, old, and if we dug a little deeper we would probably find a more diverse group than that. What a great opportunity for learning, sharing, and helping. By the way @Jimk, as I write this I’m vaping “Meka Leka Hi”. I did add a touch of vanillin and brown sugar since I like a sweet vape, but excellent recipe, thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Thanks @Professor_Snape, glad to share! Now that I have found FA Dark Bean Espresso, I’ll be revisiting that mix myself to tweek it a bit with the dark bean! Your additions sound great too!

Do you have any vaping equipment at all at the present time @jolley?

1 Like

I smoked for about 35 years and tried everything to quit at least three times. Pills, hypnosis, patches, cold turkey… All it did was push me closer towards homicide. My coworker gave me a Vuse E-Cig and I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Tried it once and immediately shelved it. My wife had quit the stinkies and after 5 months had started getting the cravings really bad (I was still smoking through this and felt real guilty about it) so I gave her the Vuse. It helped but then it became hard to find the cartridges and if you did they were way over priced.
The same coworker gave me his old ego battery and plastic tank and that changed everything. I bought some Vivi Novas and some premade juices which I started to mix because they were really horrible (bought from a tobacco shop) and not cheap. I thought I would check online to see if the prices were cheaper and the DIY world opened up.
I’ve been off cigarettes since 12/12/14 and have had no cravings at all for them. I preach the effectiveness of vaping as an alternative to analog cigs and have manage to sway quite a few clients (we don’t allow indoor cigarette smoking in my program, but it’s OK to vape).
I currently vape 0 - 3mg of nicotine in my juices (used to smoke Marlboro and Camel full flavor) and don’t feel I need the nic. My next order of base will be nic-free.
The downside to all this is similar to having my first muscle car. I have to keep buying more hardware. I can’t seem to stop. Oh well, no hobby is cheap. Good thing my wife and I have separate bank accounts. Please don’t tell on me.

3 Likes

No not me. My goal was to quit smoking.

1 Like

…first rule to a successful marriage! That, and putting the toilet seat down when you’re done.