Is it wrong to want to recreate my adv that is a premium juice?

Asking for a friend, no really it’s for me. I’m a complete newb and haven’t had time to read what we should and should not post.

11 Likes

My answer: no.

11 Likes

It’s not wrong as long as the recipe is your own. Sounds like you want to try and clone your ADV. Nothing wrong with that. It’s been done 100’s of times.

11 Likes

ugh, it’s not my own. It’s a premium juice that is now discontinued due to the company shutting their doors due to the vape mail ban:( I’m heart broken. Oh well.

7 Likes

WHERE DID YOU GET IT ?

7 Likes

The only thing that may be wrong is your expectations regarding “how close” you can get to the remembered taste. Suggest you shoot for mixing “better than” the remembered taste standard.

10 Likes

Is it wrong to want to recreate my adv that is a premium juice?

Absolutely Not…Only wrong things to do in DIY mixing is to take someones recipe and say its yours or to not give credit where its due …There are some taboo things to do like make a bunch of Single Flavors public on the recipe side but whatever works for you DO IT …

14 Likes

It’s not wrong just ambitious. First think about the “premium” liquid’s profile (what fruits, creams, or bakery, or whatever it is). Once you have a really good idea of the flavorings that combined harmonize in the liquid, the real work begins. Get some of the most popular flavorings that you think comprise the mix and start testing them, alone in then in combination with the others. Take notes on the percentages and how that affects two, then three and more concentrates when mixed. Keep detailed note batch tries.

Now if you want something that is vapeable that approaches your fav premium liquid you’ll prolly get there pretty quick (relatively speaking). But to really hone in and “get close” is really difficult - there are virtually hundreds of flavor concentrate manufacturers and many thousands of flavorings.

I personally, after mixing for 6 years am happy with finding mainly other peoples recipes (on here) and tweaking them to my personal taste. I rarely (if ever) publish original recipes, I am happy to fiddle in this hobby as a vaper not a creator.

Great thing about the forum is there is room for every level of vaper, from novice to hobbyist, activist, and artist.

13 Likes

is “retail” juice now called “premium” ?

5 Likes

Its always been called Premium …I like to call it commercial liquid

12 Likes

“It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)”

9 Likes

Do wah do wah do wah

9 Likes

It is a purchased juice. I’ve been thinking about this a lot the past few days. If a company went to such great lengths to develop a juice, r&d, readying it for market, and finally selling the product to the public and did so for years Then through no fault of their own they closed the company as they simply couldn’t keep up with the new demands of law, shipping requirements, and administration efforts.

Trying to clone a juice simply does not seem in the spirit of diy.

4 Likes

True of course. I’ve thought it would be great if I come close which might take years but I could also add another slight flavor or amount to offset the juice enough that it would not be considered a clone.

5 Likes

I’ve been on this adventure for two weeks, completely mesmerized by the art of it all. I had no idea so much went into the creation and it’s truly amazing.

5 Likes

I’ve got two commercial juices I’ve been trying to clone for years. The clones of them I’ve seen published don’t even come close so when I can, I work away hoping some day I’ll hit it or come close. I wish you luck :smiley:

10 Likes

ok. i thought you had somehow came into possession of the exact recipe.
and even if you did, there is nothing wrong with making it “just for yourself”.
but if you started to sell it, then yes, an ethical issue.

i started DIY to save money and my goal was to clone 3 juices, of which, so far, is an utter failure :laughing: :neutral_face: :frowning_face:

7 Likes

I think I’m going to change the recipe enough that it may not be considered a clone. This is really bothering me. I think if the business hadn’t of shut down due to the latest regulations, I might feel a bit different.

4 Likes

lol, I guess I do have failure on my side. The fact that I probably won’t ever come close will save me from guilt!!

4 Likes

I wouldn’t feel too bad. Some of the juice manufacturers who went out of business have done recipe dumps on various social media platforms in order to support their loyal customers. Now that’s what I call a thoughtful, caring company!

8 Likes