Is there a good chocolate flavour yet?

@Charlene, I don’t have a big collection of Medicine Flower but people who do and are more experienced with it have advice about how best to store it for longevity. @fidalgo_vapes or @SessionDrummer can help best with that.

4 Likes

Congratulations on one of the best purchases of your DIY career. MF is expensive out of the gate but the Value of it you will learn about shortly. Remember MF needs to steep to get the best results. Start low and work your way up because if you over do it then the experience wont be great. There is no better chocolate imo and i have them all and have worked with them ALOT. The Dark Choco is very versatile it can be turned into a Milk Chocolate easy as well.

To answer your original question there are quite a few good chocolates these days but you just bought the only one I have ever needed.

4 Likes

@Charlene2, the GOOD news is, hehe, there’s even MORE. I’d been told about them early on, but scoffed at the price, didn’t understand how strong they were, or how little I would actually use in each mix, nor the net REAL cost of using them.

Luckily, I finally listened/learned …

1 Like

What kind of steep does it need? 4 weeks?

Also what’s a good percentage. I’ve put together some choc recipes and I’ve been putting in 1%, with one at 0.5%.

2 Likes

I decided to add WF Pudding Milk Chocolate to my order list so I can give it a try. Cheers.

3 Likes

Wow 10/10!

3 Likes

For the Dark Chocolate 4 weeks would be a sufficient steep time. I use it around 1% for a recipe I’ve been making for a friend for 5 years. The recipe started with TFA Double Chocolate Clear at around 8%, then I switched to SSA Dessert Chocolate at 2%, then to the MF Dark Chocolate at 1%. The SSA Dessert Chocolate is great, but my friend says the MF DC is so above and beyond. Plus, his coils are lasting a lot longer.

One thing I would advise is picking up some pipettes to use when you do mixes with the MF bottles, as they are more precise when mixing at such low percentages.

2 Likes

Idk what it is about you bro but you just crack me up sometimes.

4 Likes

@Charlene2 0.5% would be a good playground for it, BUT, as always, depending on your needs, you could go lower or higher. 0.5% is a great place to play with it. I steep most my MF’s 2 weeks.

1 Like

4 weeks and it will still hold up , I start to test recipes that contain MF at the 1bweek mark and usually have best results at 10 to 14 days. The great thing about MF is that the flavors dont fade like their Artificial competitors.

.2 to .8 pct depending on recipe and how much Chocolate you want . Like do you want the Chocolate an accent or the main note. But the .5 pct mark should get you there in most cases

I haven’t found a Choco that holds up or that is as strong as MF DC. Start at 0.2 and work your way up by 0.10 increments

2 Likes

@Wings4Life
@SessionDrummer
@fidalgo_vapes

Thanks for the advice! I’m going to change all my 1%s to 0.50% and experiment with just one juice to start with til I get it right and get a feel for it.

Any special storage needed for it?

2 Likes

@Charlene2 I keep all of my all natural extracts like MF in the fridge, but all of my artificials, I have on my racks at room temp. I can’t say if it’s a big issue or not, as I’ve always kept them there, and with no issue.

Can’t wait to hear what you think.

3 Likes

Do you put your VSO Raws in the fridge as well?

2 Likes

@KC111 I have all 35 of my Medicine Flower, and 22 VSO’s in the cool fridge.

2 Likes

I thought the regular VSO’s have PG in them, but the Raws don’t, so why would you keep the non Raws in the fridge?

2 Likes

Well I didn’t really care about the carrier, but the natural extracts.

2 Likes

Makes sense, thank you! I thought the PG would extend the lifespan.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll just copy what you do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well I’m sure PG does extend it, but the fact remains that they are still natural extracts, so I was more concerned about them, than the artificials.

2 Likes

I wish I had known that when I first received the VSO flavors. They have been sitting in their non fridge drawers all this time.

2 Likes