“It ain’t over till it’s over” -Yogi Berra

I might think that vendors browsing these forums would rather love any such sort of “impulse-buying panic” ? Why (once consumers become rabid) they would need to reduce prices evades me (save for intra-Michigan athletics, for those not removing inventory from the state). More globally, it is the effects on (increases of) prices elsewhere that concerns me. The more that people act panicked - the more they will be fleeced. :thinking:

4 Likes

I will be doing my best to have a heart to heart… but I can not promise anything.

I do believe one is set into stone, but will help fight this for as long as possible.

2 Likes

If nothing else someone could have a successful “gifting” business.

3 Likes

Im actually thinking diy store front… selling everything in separate things… as a do it at your own risk… but I am sure others are thinking the same… however, in all realities… it wont wash too well with the abc organizations… and the insurance will skyrocket from the issues now.

3 Likes

It appears that the definition (“flavored vapor product”) in Rule 1(1)(b) is crafted to be w i d e l y construed:

Can see the Daily Mail headlines now: "Lloyd’s of London Insures e-juice Manufacturer for ‘Popcorn Lungs’; “Nicotine Fiends Ordered by Judge into Involuntary Commitment”; “Vaper Self-Immolates at 10 Downing St”; “Trump Congratulates Boris’ Brit Bombast - Pledges to build Phillipine Black-site Nicotine Fiend Internment Camps together with Duterte”; “10-15 Million Assault Rifles At Large in America Restored to Greatness”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Somehow the words ‘ironic’ and ‘pathetic’ come to mind; especially since Michigan just legalized recreational marijuana last December! Facing possible jail time for having flavored eliquid.

7 Likes

Well we all knew it was coming, some smucklehead had a bright idea to make his/her customers so sick or kill them because they knew not what they were doing… Or did they?

4 Likes

What ever happened to the land of the free?
Unlike most countries, you’re free to buy guns but you’re facing jail time for trying to quit smoking… :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I had a preacher from St Augustine said I was part of the devil for promoting vaping.

My response was to love the sinner and hate the sin, to shine a light on the good, and not the sensationalism from demonizing everything.

He said he stopped drinking thru AA… I told him that he needed to look into faith based rehabs since he didnt want to become part of the devil like me… AA subscribes to a “Higher power” never refferring to God and Jesus Christ.

Moral police don’t do too well with me. If something that someone in a space and time created (1961) and big tobacco helped to snuff it back then… and then it comes back by way of China… and its proven to help people… why make the folks that can not quit on sheer will power suffer?

God doesn’t want us to suffer, but to use the brain He gave us to do the right things… someone should teach our government that, or is it going to take like a Tea flavor for it to happen?

In the meantime, I am cruising around and looking for Mi vape shops… anyone find a list yet?

4 Likes

This place just might become the ultimate “one-stop shopping experience” in such taciturn, torturous times:

http://www.thecarpetbagger.com/

I noticed that they are plum out of stock on Moral Compasses - but they do have gobs of swank Pope Hats.

tenor

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Gee… and I know all about the Carpet Baggers…
8 g uncles in The War… yeps DAR here… :wink:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I see some people are finding this funny but just to clarify, it’s not meant to be. I find this a deeply saddening development and keep wondering what mess this world is in on all sorts of levels.

5 Likes

Im on a few sites, and it’s not too pretty, or funny…

just one of a lot of responses in my mail… this one was removed from a website, halfwheel.

9-9-2019%206-07-39%20AM

Lots of folks talking but a lot of it is def not pro vaping.

2 Likes

I completely agree that kids should not vape, period. But between that and taking away the means for adults to quit an even worse (and legal) habit, there’s a world of difference. What they’re doing right now is just not rational.

4 Likes

Cant blame everything on vaping cigarettes was the same they were complaining about kids smoking cigarettes also and what did they do just put an age on it not for sale to kids under the age of 18 and cigarettes are still being sold so why not do the same with e juice dont sell to kids. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

I think my biggest is… what are we ALL going to do with states banning vaping?

Can you cope with that… ?
Will you keep vaping and how?
Will you give in and go back to smoking?

I will keep vaping… and atm looking at sales and older setups etc…

As this will surely kill any kind of growth (new vapers) from vaping and getting rid of smoking… Cigarettes will regain their popularity, the Tobacco companies will be happy and yes deaths from tobaccos will go back up, with guaranteed new smokers vias our kids. Not the kind of world I want to leave to my kids… even tho tmine are mostly grown and can make their own decisions.

2 Likes

I just started vaping for 3 months now so yes if that ever happens now i would go back to smoking most probably but i will keep vaping under the covers problem is i would vape at home then and most probably smoke on the road dont know hard to tell but yes will try not to touch a cigarette again hope it doesent come to that dont have so many flavors yet.

1 Like

If that would happen here, I’d keep vaping for sure. My wife is asthmatic and has trouble when I smoke around her… not to mention the stench I bring back if I go smoke outside… not to mention what it does to my own health.
Vaping in public might be a little bit more difficult, I’d probably have to get a pod or other “stealth” vape but I most definitely wouldn’t give it up. Since I started vaping, I can go longer and longer without a vape but completely quitting, no thanks.

I would still have to see a cop write me a ticket or arrest me for it, maybe in the US they would, cops here are a bit more reasonable and you can talk to them. As long as you’re not doing it around kids or annoying the heck out of non-smokers/vapers, you’d get away with it. It’s not mind altering drugs you’re talking about, not stuff you cause a lot of trouble with.

4 Likes

Smoky, may I suggest that the (easily edited by you) thread-title, “Since the bans are coming” may have a counter-productive “panic effect” on the readers - and a perhaps less fatalistic (and more accurate) thread-tile such as “Since the bums are coming” might better describe events? “It ain’t over till it’s over” -Yogi Berra

4 Likes