Joye eVic-VT Mod

Saw this on VapeNW site:

From our JoyeTech rep regarding the humming from the eVic-VT:

The eVic-VT has some characteristic sounds in operation. These
sounds are very low in volume, and can typically only be detected by holding the device close to the ear. eVic-VT boost circuit inductor emits a continuous high-frequency buzz, and the switching system that detects atomizer resistance produces an intermittent ticking noise rather like that of a quartz watch. These noises are normal, and should not cause concern in any device that is otherwise functioning normally when the device goes into standby after a period of 3 minutes without use, or if the power button is pressed 5 times, all such noises will immediately cease.

1 Like

Not sure I like the sounds of a device humming. Thus far I have always been taught if a unit started humming, THROW IT!

2 Likes

my sig makes a buzzing /humming sound??

1 Like

Quick, quick, Throwwwww It!!!

3 Likes

Mine should be here Monday. Thanks for the info… Now I won’t freak out when I hear it.

2 Likes

Thought about you when I was reading the post. Good to know the things that might make you go “hmmmmm?”.

3 Likes

or devices that go hhhmmmmmm. :confused:

3 Likes

I setup the Evic VT with Dual Titanium coils and it’s working perfectly so far. I have a 3 pros and 1 con so far.

First the Con. They placed the charging port underneath the atomizer similar to the IPV4.

1st Pro The display is huge and easy to understand.

2nd Pro Simple setup instructions. Everything that you adjust is all on the screen at the same time and you jog through them with a toggle switch on top of the device…

3rd Pro Stealth Vaping. You can turn the display off when vaping. Good for vaping on the down low.

If this device continue to run properly it can easily move to the top of the list of my favorites mods.
This is one sexy mod and it feels good in the hand. The flavor this titanium gives is the purest you can get…

4 Likes

Looks a beast will be interested to know how the battery life is in temp mode

2 Likes

this is one that might be my next… I’m just waiting a little longer maybe another week or so if I can the innokin disruper is promising also with kanthal tc???

Just watched indoor smoker review of this.used the ti and ni coils in normal
Mode and didn’t set resistance. Crikey

Size comparison.

2 Likes

That’s not a deal breaker for me. At $60 it’s a sweet deal for what it does. I have paid more for less functionality. The object is to take advantage of functionality of these devices. Why would you want to run these high power wires in normal mode anyway. You lose a lot of what it’s designed to do in normal mode… specifically the .05 ohms. It’s hard to build these coils above .1 ohms anyway.

8 wraps dual titanium coils at .1 ohm is insane. Plenty of surface in a tank is a plus to me. The flavor from this set up is stupid good.

@daath I just wanted you to see that yes The TC does work. I ran my Goblin til it was dry and…

2 Likes

wow it’s not a big mod at all… looks nice

1 Like

Battery usage and puff counter over a 14 hr period.
I’m just getting home after a 12 hr shift. Not only vaping… but tinkering with it a lot to trying different things for the best performance. I also built another titanium coil for my Lemo 2 and tested it.

Comes to find out it only run in TC mode in specific ohms range… .05 - .1 ohms. This will be a deal breaker for some. For me though it’s good because Ni200 and Tio2 is such a low resistance wire it would be easy to build in the range… especially with some of the builds I like. You would think that with ohms so low it would have a hot vapor… but it doesn’t because the TC really work and you can dial in just what you want. I’m interested to see if the newer TC devices have a specific operating range. Even considering the limited TC range it works out good for me because now I can build what I like with Ni200 and Tio2 and not be too low. Before this I could only build standard coils.

1 Like

very promising!!

I added more… read on.

1 Like

I think it’s really not an issue I build my nickel @the same ranges…

1 Like

I was wondering how you were getting away with twisted nickel.

Now I know what I can do. Dual Claptons, Titanium Core w/ Nickel Wrapper @ .06 Ohm. in the Billow2. This is some crazy flavor. This was a good investment. For me it’s a game changer… building below .1 ohms!!! No need to drip with a tank set up like this. Now I really see what TC is all about!!!

3 Likes