Jungle Flavors / Flavor Jungle One Shot Tests by SessionDrummer

This had originally been part of the Jungle Flavors Tasting Notes thread, but I have moved it, and the Single Flavor Tests to their own threads, for ease of updating …

Series II Mixing Now:

One Shots:

Apple Fritter (Jungle Flavors) 11% (12-20-20) – First Jungle Flavors One Shot on deck, and perfect for the Holidays. I could smell the dough element when mixing, and wasn’t sure about how it would fare vaping, but it quickly became obvious, it just worked. The dough actually worked very well, as it portrayed both a baked, and almost undercooked dough at the same time, which perfectly suited a Fritter. The apple elements tasted somewhat unique, and were a great choice for this one shot, as they were not a typical “pie filling”, not heavy on the cinnamon, which really worked here. Almost a Fuji-ish punch on the top end, and overall it leaned more towards a fresh apple, than a filling apple. Slight amounts of spice but very low in the mix, so as not to overwhelm the apples and dough. Sweetness was mid level, and as a total vape, it really worked, and tasted different, which helped elevate it from the typical apple bakeries out there. Def. a tester tank finisher for me. Handily handing it up at a 9.5/10.

Donut Holes (Jungle Flavors) 12.5% (12-20-20) – Five days before Christmas and I need a Donut Vape !!! Did I get one, or a lump of coal ?? I got one !!! For starters, this is probably one of the BEST Donut flavor/one-shots I have tried, and that’s saying something. I may have detected some of my old friend FA Zeppola in here, but it tasted like a bit more than just that. The donut notes were fresh and fried if that makes sense, along with a nice helping of glazed sugar. It sat at about mid level sweet, which is fine for a donut. “Just say NO to PlayDoh” and this one does just that. I couldn’t detect any heavy notes to sway the donut/dough which left it neutral, but could easily be spiked with Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. if needed. As it stood, for a 50/50 dough/fried dough donut, with a delicious glazed coating, this one did exactly that, and never left you wanting. Feels perfectly donuty good @ 9.8/10.

Mango Mafia (Jungle Flavors) 12% (12-20-20) – I’d heard from more than one user that this MM was their favorite, and I might just know why now. It’s a BOMB in MANGO form for sure. Admittedly I’m not a huge fruit’er, but this one, might have changed that. The mango was full, present, and in your face throughout the entire vape. It was full spectrum with dark, mid, and high end punch, so nothing was left out of this Mafia party. Def. a complex mix, and at times I couldn’t help but wonder if JF threw in some of their Honey Peach to this one, but that is not confirmed. Sweetness was maybe a tick above mid level, but not fatiguing, and I checked by blowing through two tester tanks on this one. A very natural tasting, full spectrum Mango is what you get with this one, and coming from a non-fruit guy, couldn’t go lower than 9.8/10 .

Strawberry Bubble Gum (Jungle Flavors) 9.5% (12-21-20) – I’ve tried some ehh, and pretty bad bubblegums before, and thankfully this one, was neither. It actually presented as a very GOOD bubblegum, BUT, with a twist. The Strawberry. It was layered into the mix fairly low, so as not to overwhelm the bubblegum. The BBG was pink, accurate, and quite tasty, and it was very close to a “BubbleYum” flavor. The strawberry, while somewhat lower in the mix, did a really good job of shifting the bubble gum, but just a bit. Not an overpowering SB, dragging the gum along for the ride, but more of an accent TO the bubble gum. I think it was a wise, and different choice, and vaping it, throughout two tankfuls, it never wandered. Sweetness was about mid level, and great for a bubblegum, and even after 2 tanks, I couldn’t pull any off-putting, or chemical notes out of it. You can’t blow bubbles with this one, but you’d almost think you could. Very nice, not overly complex different take on bubble gum. 9.7/10.

Tiger’s Blood (Jungle Flavors) 15% (12-22-20) – I smelled this one while mixing up this series, and did a double take. Wait, this is a Tiger’s Blood ?? !!! From the Flavor Jungle …

Add the sweet taste of a fruit cocktail with watermelon, cherry, kiwi, and honeydew to your next DIY recipe!

Wait, Cherry, Kiwi, and Honeydew ?? !! OK, this was NOT was I was used to in regards to a TB, so figured we’d close out this series with an enigma. Blasphemy or Godliness ?? I tried to check my “Reservations” at the door. I’m not sure if this will replace my more typical TB, but it was a fairly interesting fruit cocktail. I was picking up the WM, Cherry, Kiwi, and Honeydew, and as a blend, it WAS indeed, quite interesting. Nothing felt out of place in this (new to me) mashup, and it actually worked well. Sweetness was below mid level, and strangely enough, kept me interested throughout the tankful. Not being a huge fruit-ster, it takes a bit to get, and keep me interested in a fruit medley. This one had just enough tart, and sweet to keep it interesting, and the unexpected (to me) combination kept it that way. My favorite aspect of this one would probably be the tart cherry finish on it. Would I label this a TB ?? Probably not. Would I pick up a bottle ?? Yes. :slight_smile: Tartly at a 9.0/10.

All in, an impressive showing from Jungle Flavors. Huge thanks out to them for sending these out to be reviewed. Some were expected but great, and a few surpises. Very worth picking some up.

Blueberry Donut (Flavor Jungle) 10% (10-17-22) – From Flavor Jungle …

Blueberry Donut is a delightful blend of sweet and savory pastry, layered with a light custard center, filled with jammy blueberries, and complemented with a subtle powdered sugar glaze.

Actually their description was pretty spot on. Pastry would be the operative phrase. I didn’t get much donut from this one other than some hints when smelling it. Vaping it, did reveal a pastry of sorts, but didn’t really convey a donut. I did get some light custard in the mid to background, but the STAR of this one, was the Blueberry Jam. It presented as a somewhat punchy and tart, fairly artificial blueberry, and it DID have the jam. Very convincing and jammy, to say the least. Because it leaned heavily towards the artificial it worked pretty good in this “pastry” delight. A few ticks above mid-level sweet at my mixing weight of 10%, and it seemed to work for the overall profile. As a whole it tasted pretty good, JUST not donuty enough for my tastes. To better clarify, the “pastry” didn’t really present as a croissant, or danish, but more of a generic pastry. Despite it tasting pretty good, I will have to kick it down a bit for the lack of donut-ed-ness. Because the artificial blueberry seemed on purpose and fit the profile, no mark downs for it, and no real off-notes could be had. A fairly sweetened, artificial blueberry, on top of a non-descript bakery is what you get with this one. It felt solidly placed @ 6.75/10.

Vanilla Madness (Flavor Jungle) 10%

Single Flavor Tests

15 Likes

@SessionDrummer I happened to pick up the Vanilla Madness during their last sale. I might have time to mix it today. Can’t wait to hear what you think. As for me, I always lower my expectations on most vanilla’s. I always get let down but each time I try I feel excitement again, hoping that this will be the one. Sure, there are plenty good supporting vanillas but how about one that stands up and salutes all by itself :rofl:

ETA: I just noticed the pct recommendation…28%! I cut it in half and kind of went by the reviews on Flavor Jungle. What are you going to mix at? I also just noticed that they aren’t sweetened. Do you add sweetener to yours?

7 Likes

Yeah, I hear you @Muth, me too.

Yeah, even THOUGH, I have mixed some of their One Shots up near 15%, 28% sounded kind of high. I will start the testing @ 10%, and see what’s what.

8 Likes

Okay, cool. You at 10%, me at 14% and I’ll try in both a mtl tank and a dripper and see what’s what.

8 Likes

Yipee… am interested in what you think in MTL @muth :smiley:

6 Likes

@muth are you going to crank the percentages up for the MTL ??

5 Likes

Nopers…for one, the pcts from the reviewers are all over the place. Also, I never bought into that concept tp begin with. I agree that most tanks will mute vs dripper but why a MTL tank would mute a flavor I have no idea where that originates from? Certainly not in the world of Kayfuns and other similar tanks. I only use rebuildables so Idk if that makes a difference? Since I dabble in MTL - DL RTAs, what I do notice is how the flavor is presented but not a drop in flavor. But that’s my experience.

10 Likes

I agree with you @muth, I’ve had some of the best flavour from a MTL RTA and I also vape DTL.

6 Likes

I also agree, though I don’t do DTL. My MTL RTA’s don’t seem to mute flavour, just can’t layer as well as I have heard DTL mixers can… (fewer flavours is better in a MTL mix IMO).

7 Likes

Hmm, that’s something I’ve never noticed before. I should try a conscious comparison.

7 Likes

Blueberry Donut (Flavor Jungle) 10% (10-17-22) – From Flavor Jungle …

Blueberry Donut is a delightful blend of sweet and savory pastry, layered with a light custard center, filled with jammy blueberries, and complemented with a subtle powdered sugar glaze.

Actually their description was pretty spot on. Pastry would be the operative phrase. I didn’t get much donut from this one other than some hints when smelling it. Vaping it, did reveal a pastry of sorts, but didn’t really convey a donut. I did get some light custard in the mid to background, but the STAR of this one, was the Blueberry Jam. It presented as a somewhat punchy and tart, fairly artificial blueberry, and it DID have the jam. Very convincing and jammy, to say the least. Because it leaned heavily towards the artificial it worked pretty good in this “pastry” delight. A few ticks above mid-level sweet at my mixing weight of 10%, and it seemed to work for the overall profile. As a whole it tasted pretty good, JUST not donuty enough for my tastes. To better clarify, the “pastry” didn’t really present as a croissant, or danish, but more of a generic pastry. Despite it tasting pretty good, I will have to kick it down a bit for the lack of donut-ed-ness. Because the artificial blueberry seemed on purpose and fit the profile, no mark downs for it, and no real off-notes could be had. A fairly sweetened, artificial blueberry, on top of a non-descript bakery is what you get with this one. It felt solidly placed @ 6.75/10.

10 Likes

@SessionDrummer howdy…Idk if you got to the Vanilla Madness yet but I did :expressionless:. I didn’t drip it yet but at 14% it smelled alright in the bottle, meaning I could smell vanilla but the lick test was not the most pleasant experience for me. What I noticed most was a bitterness in the back of my mouth. I can’t imagine if I followed their recommended 28%! Vaping it in the KF didn’t present vanilla but a strong chemical sensation. Obviously, 14% is way too strong, at least for what I’m vaping it in. I would be curious to know whoever recommended 28% what type of gear they use, lol?

Sigh…looking forward to your 10% experience. I wished I had followed our own ELR notes. The reviewers give it 5 stars but 8% is the SF recommendation and @Shantia prefers 3%!

Lol, Flavor Jungle is ruining their business with these ridiculous recommendations.

5 Likes

I’m almost ready to get into that @muth, and at the 10% we talked about. I VERY often smell flavors before/as/during mixing them up for SFT, but I rarely actually taste test them. I did a WHILE ago, and I was rather shocked at how bad a LOT of them tasted on the finger, BUT, tasted great while vaping. I’m not saying there’s no value in finger taste testing, but it’s never really worked out for me.

I know that MFG’s are sometimes WACK on their suggested rates, and when I saw TWENTY EIGHT percent, I kind of laughed, and mixed it at 10.

We’ll see soon @muth.

5 Likes

Agreed 100pct… I can say that i have never had a good result with tasting straight concentrate

5 Likes

I hope you didn’t think I licked the straight concentrate. I licked it after it was mixed. I do that often and mostly enjoy the results but not always. Like @SessionDrummer said, some taste weird but vape great. I’ve had some taste so good I wanted to pour them over ice cream.

5 Likes

I thought you did

5 Likes

Yuck…blech…spit !!! :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Same here @muth. For YOU, I did with the Vanilla Madness, and it DID have a slight bitter aftertaste. That did NOT impart into the vape however. Still testing at 10%.

4 Likes

Well, I have an update. It’s been steeping for about 27 days now and I just did a quick smell and lick. The bitter has dissipated and tastes more like a vanilla should. Again, I think a lower pct is the answer. You should have a better experience than I did.

4 Likes

I just got back from an out of state funeral, so hopefully I can FINALLY get into it @muth. My VERY short duration testing @ 10% was ok. Not stellar, not terrible, and it reminded me of a CAP Vanilla with a smidge of custard to fatten it up. Let me get deeper into it though.

4 Likes