Jungle Flavors / Flavor Jungle One Shot Tests by SessionDrummer

Something that turns me off on some of these FJ one shots, like this one, is their use of cartoonish characters on the labels and web pages. I know DIY among youth is nonexistent, but it’s still a bad look in an industry that has to constantly fight the accusations that it is marketing to youth.

4 Likes

I agree with you on that, we have all lost enough with the dumbass marketing. And that dern Birthday Cake is looking at me like it wants to sex me up or something, creepy. I havent been on their site for a very long time, since they had the old name. On the flip side i like most of the tobacco bottle artwork.

People never learn tho. I live in Michigan which mostly legalized weed and the absolutely stupidity with some of these brands is baffling. They all saw what happened with vaping yet they are doing the same thing. Cartoons, stolen IP, idiotic strain names…

Today i saw some company selling live Rosin in the shape of cartoon animals, the actually rosin was shaped like teddy bears, stegosaurus, cuties dolphins, baby sharks, etc… Another company selling THC cartriges with Goku, Vegeta, Fred and Barney, Luigi and the Pink Mushroom critter. I love Dragon Ball, im in my 50’s, but i wouldnt buy one if they were a penny.

The absolute stupidity of it, we are so bad at learning from our mistakes.

EDIT: Not trying to bash on FJ but please tell the cake to stop smiling at me like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

@robrrt1 their labels aren’t that bad. Their art dept. clearly has a theme they use, but I wouldn’t call it “kiddie” art. BUT, with that said, some are/were great, and some were NOT. I’m testing one now, and it’s falling into the “not” great category…

2 Likes

LOL, I hadn’t picked up on that one @Ken_O_Where

4 Likes

I think @Ken_O_Where needs to take a break and open a few windows!

7 Likes

Specifically…

Now imagine the sh*tstorm if a Bloomberg-funded vape jihadist (or journalist, but I may be repeating myself) exhibited these labels to the public.

5 Likes

Hehe @robrrt1 I guess in comparison to the ones I posted, those are at least, a little questionable.

5 Likes

Strawberry Crusher (One Shot) (Flavor Jungle) 7% (10-20-23) – After letting this one settle, again I was not sure about whether it worked, or not. From the MFG…

Strawberry Crusher: Where Sweet Peaches, Cherries, and Creamy Dreams Unite in Flavor Fun! :strawberry::peach::cherries::cake::candy::tropical_drink::herb:

Sounded good, and testing it did reveal some Strawberry, some White Peach, and just maybe some Cherry undertones, but they were very weak. There was indeed a creamy carrier that the fruit rode on, but it was more of a non eggy, generic vanilla base. Sometimes fruit DO pair well, and accent each other, and other times not. During most of the test, it presented as a fruit mashup over a creamy vanilla base. Not great, not terrible, but just ehh. It was full @ 7%, and no off-notes except for a slight “twang” on the finish. Again, not terrible, but just not stellar. All in it was a fruit mashup, with overtones of SB, hints of peach, riding over a creamy vanilla. Finally decided on a 6.5/10 for this one.

8 Likes

Sweet Strawberry Cream (One Shot) (Flavor Jungle) 15% (10-20-23) – Oh no, ANOTHER Strawberry Cream ?? Hehe, yes. This One-Shot is (I believe) the most popular shot in FJ’s lineup. Granted many of the high reviews may be from non-DIY’ers, but it was still worth a look, to see what was what with their Top Seller. Out of the gate, I got a very familiar Jammy Strawberry with some deliciously thick Butter undertones, which immediately reminded me of One On One’s SB Jam. Maybe some INW Shisha SB tossed in for a brightener, and a surprisingly decent milky cream. The cream was the most interesting part here, as it wasn’t a thick, rich cream, but seemed to straddle a milk, and cream. The very present (and delicious) buttery undertones from the SB worked veyr well to CONCEAL some of the creamy-ness, keeping it shrouded at bit, mostly to perfectly identify it, but it was the carrier that the SB’s rode on top ot. At 15% it was very full, and just about mid-level sweet, with no off-notes. The best two parts for me, were the Jammy-ness of the SB’s, and the milky, creamy carrier. As a whole it DID work, and it did it well. Sure, sure, you probably have at least a half a dozen recipes for SB Cream already, but maybe you want a “quick fix”, or some inspiration on making one. Even though the SB Cream profile has been pretty well flushed out already, this one was a good one, and not a bad one to pick up. Jammy, punchy, with a really good, milky cream undertone. Leaving this one high at a 9.1/10.

9 Likes

Tiger’s Blood Reloaded (One Shot) (Flavor Jungle) 8% (10-20-23) – Breaking into the LAST One-Shot in this series, with the “Reloaded” version of FJ’s Tiger’s Blood. I had tested the OG version, and while I wasn’t 100% sure on the Cherry, Kiwi, and Mellon profiles, I scored it fairly high to it’s different approach to a TB. This one, was much more to my liking, and it presented as FAR more “Red” than the OG. Tastes vary WILDY in what makes the BEST TB, so use your own tastes above all else. This one just plain worked for me, having the juicy red watermelon up front, with a ripe red strawberry falling right behind it, with lighter notes of Pineapple and Coconut lower down in the mix. To my tastes, the ratios were almost spot on to make the “right” TB. Having the SB just behind the Watermelon, it allowed it to enhance the WM without fighting it. The lighter PA and Coconut worked to round out the mix without overshadowing the two predominant players. Sweetness was ust above mid-level, and there was JUST enough tart from the SB (and maybe the Pineapple) to jazz up any smoothness from the WM. All in, a great “re-do”, errrr “Reloaded” version of their Tiger’s Blood. Because I prefer a much juicier “red” TB, going to leave this one pretty high, at a 9.8/10.

11 Likes