Kanger New updated SSOCC Coil Compatibility?

@Amy2 I found the self same problem!
In fact I thought I had purchased the wrong coil, especially when I thought that the glass tank was going to break when trying to put the tank back together!
Turns out it is a really tight fit, which isn’t a bad thing when considering leakage.
What I had to do was saturate the coil, on its own without screwing on, with my juice and force and turn a few times and it relented!
Lol
Funnily enough I only had this problem with my very first coil change?
Since then I have had no issues? Go figure?

2 Likes

I learned my lesson with Kanger with Protanks ans EVODS…eff a leaky mess!
…I don’t understand why anyone bothers w this company anymore.

I have seven ST Mini’s (3) original and (4) clone, and none of them leak on me. I only use the RBA V2 decks as a rule. I just bought some of the SSOCC heads for emergency back-ups but haven’t tried them yet, sounds like i better order more wire and cotton.:worried:

1 Like

Or try one of the SSOCC and let us know how it worked for you. :wink:

1 Like

I will definitely give one a try and report back :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had the opposite experience. Evods and protanks were the first clearos I could ever get to not leak, tho I rebuilt my own heads, so I dunno what their QC has been like for stock coils. And my Subtank Mini is a nice little workhorse of a tank, tho again I use the RBA head and have gotten pretty decent at rebuilding it. I’m assuming everyone is talking about coil flooding/leaking and not seepage from undersized or degraded o-rings.

@Duneatick Dunno if you’re using organic Japanese cotton pads, but if so you can get a lifetime supply for like 6-7 dollars (including shipping) on a slow boat (literally 4-6 weeks) from Japan thru Amazon (link). Might need to pick up a little something to hold you over in the meantime, but it’ll be the last cotton buy you have to do for a long long while!

1 Like

Yes they do. Inconsistent in every way… flavour and liquid flow. Dry hit valley!

1 Like

My Subtank mini leaked a bunch from the bottom air holes when I first got it. I was pretty annoyed. Trial and error led me to discover that over-tightening the coil into the base is the cause. The o-ring gets pinched and allows juice through. This is true on the old square coils and the new round ones. (SS, Ni, Clapton, doesn’t matter) Tightening them until just snug but not all the way to stopped is the sweet spot. I also recommend not dripping any juice into the center of the coil to prime it. Over saturating will let juice flow down into the base as well. A few drops in the sides holes and 10 minutes in a full tank are plenty. Hopefully this might help some of you with extra coils lying around. I was ready to chuck my subtank when I figured this out… now I’ve added a Top-Tank mini and a bunch of the new coils to my rotation. The subtank has been sitting full for 2 days without a drop of juice lost. Good luck!

1 Like

That’s helpful , I don’t have too much of a problem with them as I have found another " work around " when you fill your tank shut off all openings in the base then turn it right side up and allow the juice to saturate the wick then ou can open your vent holes. Just doing that right there has cut down on an enormous amount of leaking but yes not over filling and not screwing it on past snug would certainly help as well. Thank you.

I recently purchased the new kanger topbox mini mod with the topbox tank. I have used it about a month and a half and have had NO leaks. It’s a top fill tank which I like. I’ve used the ssocc nickle coils, occ kanthol coils, and ssocc kanthol coils; ALL of which worked great with no leaks. I personally liked the nickle coil better but I have a box each of ssocc and occ kanthol which is what I’m using now. I also put the topbox tank on sigeli and it worked great as well.

3 Likes

I have the kanger topbox tank and have used the ssocc and occ coils and both worked great. No leaks at all on this tank. From what I understand the ssocc coils will work on the nebox, sub box tank, and topbox tank. I thought they worked on the nano mini as well or rather and tank that took the original occ coils but I could be wrong.

1 Like

No I believe what your saying is correct. It fits what I’ve experienced. I actually got a clone nano from FT tried a SSOCC coil worked like a charm just the POS base from the clone is garbage eh ya get what ya pay for. At least I have two tanks now that will take them which include nebox and knock off nano. Original nano post is too wide to take the center of the coil on the SS version. I did smush the SSOCC coil on the mini but it felt like it was going to break and then it leaked.

Unfortunately WOV has let me down. They packed my 2 Tron-S tanks and 2 packs of CLR coils in a very cheap bubble envelope, and when it arrived the cheap paper flap was blown out and the coils were gone. I doubt it was theft. I think the USPS did a frisbee flip with it, and the coils just flew out the end.

When I contacted WOV, they directed me down the USPS claims path. For $20 in coils, I’m not wasting my time & effort. $20 lesson learned. WOV wont be getting my biz again. There’s plenty of other places with similar pricing.

WOW instead of WOV shame on them. Especially since they know how loyal we are Bc of Their loyality program sucks too bc it is their fault with crappy packaging. Sorry to hear this.

Yeah, at least the tanks made it here ok. I’m not going to wade into the USPS claims abyss, for $20. Just not worth the hassle and time. I’ll get some more coils some place else.

1 Like

I would t either for 20$ it’s just annoying that WOV was so low.

So I gave one of the kanger SSOCC coils a try, and at first I didn’t care for it. After upping the wattage a bit and increasing the air flow it’s been going strong for almost 3 weeks now with no issues. I still prefer the RBA’s to the pre built coils, but in a pinch they will do nicely.

1 Like

Do you now if they were the upgraded ones or the original style?

They are the new SSOCC coils (round not square)

I have half a dozen Subtank minis. The only leaks I’ve had was one bad o-ring on the base/AFC…or if I didn’t wick the RBA properly. There is one or two on my desk in use 24/7.
I have 4 Toptanks/topfill. The only leaks I have had is when I forget to close the AFC before opening the top cap to fill them. There are 2 on my desk in use 24/7.
I bought a dozen RBA minis a year or two ago, another half dozen last week. They are the old style with the larger juice hole. I use them in rotation all the time, in both my Subtank minis and my Topfills every day.
I have used the pre-made coils that come with the kits in both tanks, but the Topfill kit is the only mod that is TC. I haven’t used the new RBA that came with the Topfill kit, the new version with the smaller juice hole.
The glass is shorter on the Topfills than the Subtank minis, but the o-rings are interchangeable. I like the tanks because the parts are interchangeable.

1 Like