Kodi TV, Are you using it too?

I agree that if you are going to use Kodi then you should use a VPN. It’s also a good idea to use a VPN just for general privacy and security. I use Nord VPN and have not had any issues.

My wife and I have been using Kodi on our Shield TV pro that we purchased for our living room just to watch Kodi. one of our favorite pastimes is to make hot dogs, popcorn and have glasses of coke with a straw, then we start one of the CAM movies that are still in theaters, Inevitably you will hear others in the theater talking and we shush them, then when we see the shadow of the people walk in front of the CAM carrying their popcorn and cokes toward their seats we jeer them and throw popcorn at the TV!

1 Like

LOL! That sounds like fun!

2 Likes

so true, just found out recently that my local theater, an AMC, sells beer :open_mouth: like $10 but still haha

2 Likes

trying to find a good iptv service, but no interested in subscriptions as we usually just watch youtube or twitch.

Troypoint.com usually has a lot of updates on kodi. He also has his own super build that you’re able to get it you subscribe to his newsletter. He also has a lot of promos on IPVanish.

1 Like

Kodi is not the only way to watch some streams. Here’s a new YT channel with latest info regarding such activities. It was pretty interesting and super-up-to-date info about what’s newly available. Got VPN?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb9LS6GefWc5fldAN6NFNiw

3 Likes

I been using it for a while, mid 2016? Def cool, and cable is on its way out. Android box if you don’t have anything and you don’t have a smart tv, but it’ll work the same way. Kodi TV has access to a lot of apps that are free even on legal tvs (like pluto tv).

Without a VPN though, your ISP CAN see what it is, Kodi in general, but they wont be able to see apps you are using.

3 Likes

How can they see what’s inside an encrypted data stream? If you’re using an OpenVPN connection with AES encryption (pretty standard vpn protocols) and run it over port 443, it should be nearly indistinguishable from normal https encrypted traffic.

2 Likes

I dunno why I worded it like that. I meant “without a VPN”

4 Likes

Reminds me of going to the Rocky Horror Show back in the day.

4 Likes

Ahhh those were the days @Letitia

giphy

2 Likes

I use PIA but cannot how to use it things other than the PC.

2 Likes

I am gonna try this

2 Likes

welcome @meganhumbert12. Introduce yourself to the community here: Be polite and introduce yourself! that way people will know of your existence and can help out or maybe you can help someone else out.

With that said, if you want some step by step assistance in setting up Kodi or any other streaming box, checkout troypoint.com. He has lots of tutorials to help out. Good luck!

5 Likes

Does anyone in the forum sell the firesticks with kodii installed? I can’t seem to find it locally. I tried to install kodi myself about 6 months ago and screwed it all up.
I am also considering buying a tv box. Which would be better for a kodi install?

3 Likes

I’ve tried about a half-a-dozen of these and was disappointed more often than not. On paper their specs looked great, but they just didn’t perform all that well. I finally found the Firestick and Fire Cube to be the best and easiest to use (for me). The NVIDIA Shield is the king of the mountain. That’ll be my next box when he Fire Cube breaks down. Kodi will run on the Firestick/Cube but it gets bogged down sometimes. I just use apps and it works like a charm.

This guy writes some pretty easy to follow tutorials and you may want to see if there is anything that can help. https://troypoint.com/ He also has a bunch of add ons that will help with some streaming options.

5 Likes

I have been doing and programming for years now and I use the new Nvidia shield TV PRO and believe it or not some apps cannot be used on it!!! with the android boxes they depend on the platform designed for that specific device not all are the same, for example I have 2 other androids on my other tv’s both with octa core processors with same specs…and running android “marshmallow” and the one in my spare room does-not-will not allow me to use Pluto (a streaming app) says app is not designed for that platform of android??? the manufacture will modify the operating system to suite its needs.
with all that said I would highly recommend an android box, it is much easier to manipulate and just download apps from the play store…

3 Likes

Thank you !!! :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Ok, thank you !! :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes