Koopor and firmware updates

I’ll say it again. I have the koopor mini and I think it is a good mod, BUT there is no upgrades for it or the 200w plus nor will there be. According to there own web site you’ll need to buy a spiecal cable and down load some kind of program or send it to a dealer to do upgrades at your cost.

My guess is that they’ll use the same firmware updater as the XCube 2 (the original software)…

I guess I don’t understand what you’re trying to say??? it’s pretty obvious that there IS an updated firmware…

Show it to me please.

About KOOPOR Mini Firmware Upgrade

Thanks for all customers’ support and appreciation of KOOPOR Mini all the time. Many friends send Emails and messages of likes or dislikes of this mod to us. First of all, we are very glad to receive feedback from all of you. And, we know that there is still room for improvement. Every member of our team will keep working hard and trying to bring higher product quality and better vaping experience to you!

This article tries to answer the three most frequent questions you asked about KOOPOR Mini Firmware Upgrade.
Why Upgrade?

While most temperature control mods on the market supported Nickel 200 temperature sensing wire ONLY, we were developing KOOPOR Mini, the 60W TC mod that can support Titanium as well as Nickel 200. And the new version will add Stainless Steel wire for temperature control, and solve user experience problems mentioned in your feedback.

Please kindly note that the USB port is for upgrading ONLY, not for charging, which will be still UNAVAILABLE after upgrading.
How to Upgrade?

To upgrade KOOPOR Mini firmware, we have to use special tools.Considering the tool costs, we decide to send them to our wholesalers and vendors who will provide a free upgrading service for local customers. Later, we will list their contact information when they are available. If you are interested in upgrading, please contact the authorized wholesalers or vendors in your country. The firmware upgrading service is free, but shipping fee and other costs generated during this process are in your charge.
When?

We will release the firmware and send the necessary tools to our wholesalers and vendors as soon as possible. Please consult your local KOOPOR Mini vendors for details.

Thanks again for your feedback; we will produce better vaping devices for you all!

http://www.koopor.com/news/koopor-firmware-upgrading-guide.shtml

Yes I’ve seen that.
So where do you get the exclusive upgrading cable from/?

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NU-LINK-PRO/NU-LINK-PRO-ND/3065247

So what your saying is I need to spend $50.00 on a cable to upgrade a $30.00 mod?

1 Like

It’s USB and the same firmware upgrade tool as the XCube 2 (not their new beta program)…

1 Like

some people don’t have that or an xcube so no need to have the update tools we have?

Can you please explain how to do this? I am confused on how this works after reading koopor web site.

I’m not koopor is… lol I know it makes no sense @Darthvapor posted a tutorial on updating the xcube2 and it has a link to a g-drive w all the files you’ll need…

Whats a G drive? When I plug my mini into the usb nothing happens at all.

Google drive… it’s kinda like a cloud…a place where people can share folders and stuff…

Will the xcube updates work on the mini?

Nope, Koopor will have their own firmwares (based on the XCube’s I think) - but the first firmware updater released by SMOK for the XCube is the same one that you can use to upgrade the Koopor’s. I don’t think an update has actually been released for the Koopor mini (and the Plus was only just released)…

1 Like

Thanks for splitting the thread

Saying they need a special tool might be a translation error, as they could be referring to the software as this “tool”. After letting consumers attempt to do it on their own, they may have decided it wasn’t worth the bad PR, and are only distributing the software to their local distributors?

1 Like

@Cloyce you might be right - Before I was sure you could upgrade without the NuLink-dongle, but now I am not so sure :stuck_out_tongue: Problem is that all firmware talk about koopor right now is regarding the mini, not the Plus - but the Plus might be the same way… BUT the Plus comes with a USB-cable, so I suspect that that one is upgradable.

1 Like