Koopor Plus and TFV4 Mini Review and Giveaway

I received these devices free for reviewing. The following review are my unbiased thoughts on them.

Koopor Plus

It comes with the bare necessities. A poster-sized manual. A battery safety card. A customer card, and a pack of inedible hard candies :stuck_out_tongue:

It also comes with a silicone sleeve.

Much like the XCube 2, the Koopor Plus is a SOLID and very heavy device. It feels and looks great!

I do get a little button rattle from the fire button, but it’s nothing that annoys me - I only noticed it when I shook it just now, to find out if it was rattly :slight_smile:

The battery cover is flush and sits in place with some good magnets. It won’t fall off.

The display is bright and the menu is easy - Three clicks to enter the menu, up/down to move around, click and hold to select (or just wait, and it will auto select). The menu is structured like the XCube 2 and it does the same.

In power mode it’s a beast. It fires from 6W to 200W (depending on resistance).

Temperature Control

Does it work? Yes. Without issues? No. Not without issues. Far from it.

If you’ve followed the XCube 2 threads on here, you’ll remember that there were people who had massive issues with it. A lot of these issues were fixed with the release of the XCube 2 firmware 1.093 - but not all.

The Koopor Plus firmware is based on the XCube 2 firmware, and unfortunately not on 1.093 but on 1.092 (is my guess), because it behaves the same way.

My biggest issue (and it’s huge), is that it doesn’t measure resistance correctly. For me it always measures at least 0.05o too high. That means if you put in a Crown 0.25o SS coil head it will read at least 0.30o, sometimes higher, sometimes not. Even when the coil is at room temperature. This is a BIG problem. Because it reads the initial resistance too high TC will not work correctly - it will jump out of TC mode and into VW mode, and it will keep doing it, until you go into settings and adjust ohms to the lowest possible value, and that’s not even always the correct value as you can only adjust +/- 0.05o. But usually it’s close enough for it to stay in TC-mode.

Pros

• Heavy
  • Pretty
  • Shiny
  • Solid
  • Comes with a sleeve
  • 200W POWER!
  • Doesn’t use an app :wink:
  • Comes with a sleeve that fits perfectly
  • Cheap, from what I’ve seen (I’ve seen it at $40)

Cons

• Heavy
  • Shiny
  • Fingerprint magnet
  • Uses min/soft/norm/hard/max instead if wattage in TC-mode
  • Sleeve is orange
  • Suffers from same bugs as is in the XCube 2 1.092 firmware
  • Ohms are off!
  • TC only works if you adjust ohms.
  • Firmware is not upgradable (well, it is, but you have to have special tools and software - or send it to your dealer)

This wasn’t a very long or very thorough review of the Koopor Plus, but it covers what I consider to be the most important stuff. I decided against going into further details as the bugs were frustrating to me.

So, should you get it? Well, if the TC-bugs annoy you, you can always use it as a VW-device. If you’re shopping for a TC-device, I’d say look elsewhere if you can’t live with the bugs. As a VW-device it is a very good device, especially for the price! As for me? I’m not using it very much because of the bugs. If only I could upgrade the firmware myself, all would be good, but you can’t really upgrade it yourself without a huge hassle.

TFV4 mini (full kit)

This is essentially a mini version of the TFV4 - that’s the only difference. It produces the same amount of vapor and tastes the same. They share coil heads and RBA-decks.

The TFV4 Mini Full kit comes with:

• The device! (Surprise!)
  • A pack of cotton
  • A manual
  • A TFV4 family brochure
  • TF-RCA: A RBA-deck designed for claptons with a clapton installed
  • An airflow restriction thing for the RBA-deck
  • A couple of rubber tank protector bands
  • A replacement silicone fill port
  • Spare o-rings
  • A spare clapton wire to make a clapton for the RBA
  • A black screwdriver
  • Spare pyrex tank glass
  • TF-CLP2: A dual clapton coil head
  • TF-S6: A sextuple coil head
  • A small pack of hard candies. They aren’t very good. Don’t eat them. :wink:

It looks like a thinner (22mm) version of the TFV4 (24.5mm), which is exactly what it is. No more, no less. It looks great on all mods! Here it is on a Koopor Plus:

Compare it to a regular TFV4:

It comes with a new RBA-section, apparently designed for clapton builds. It has a huge airflow hole in the middle, which can actually be made smaller by a small part that comes with it.

The small metal thing fits into the RBA airhole in the middle. To get it out again, you can stick a small screwdriver into the bit and wiggle it out.

It also comes with a sextuple coil head. That’s right. Six freakin’ coils! You guys know I’m a titanium kind of guy, but I’ll tell you, this sextuple coil head produces some pretty intense flavor and thick clouds! I’ve used it for over a week now, and it’s still as good as when I installed it.

It also comes with a dual coil clapton head - But I haven’t tried that.

The only other thing that’s changed, is that the drip tip’s inner tube is now made of glass.

Pros

• Performs like a TFV4
  • Insane vapor!
  • Insane flavor (especially with the TF-R2 dual coil deck and titanium coils)!
  • Small - fits all
  • Comes with an RBA-deck and lots of spare parts

Cons

• Small capacity - Especially since this tank drinks juice just as fast as a full blown TFV4.

So, is it any good? Yes! It’s just as good as the TFV4! So if you like that, you’ll like this. You might like it less, because of the decreased capacity though.

Pair this with the TF-R2 dual coil RBA-deck (or try doing a dual coil on the one that comes with it!) - do a titanium build and you’ve got greatness! ;D

I think that’s about it. Not much else to say about the TFV4 Mini. This is a great little tank!

Giveaway!

I’m giving away THREE SETS of these things. Each set is a Koopor Plus and a TFV4 mini!

How do you win a set? Either post your favorite under rated recipe or find a great joke and post it in the comments below (or do both) :wink: Give away will run until Sunday, November 15th 2015 at 22:00 CET (21:00 UTC).

13 Likes

why is 6 afraid of 7 ??? cause 7-8-9​:grin::grin:
had to keep it clean… it’s my daughters favorite :wink:

remember to rate it

11 Likes

Looks like i will stay away from that one

2 Likes

A very good review Mr. Daath, and even better pictures. You’re really good at this. I’m going to pass on the give-away. Hopefully someone will win that really appreciate Smok products.

4 Likes

How many vapers does it take to change a light bulb?
3, one to recoil it, one to review it, and one to video the tutorial.

I got this off of another forum and I thought it was a cute vaping joke!

9 Likes

What is an FDA official on the bottom of the sea?
A good start.

9 Likes

This is most generous! Nobody here at home gets my sense of humour so I will save you all the grief :smile: 25 years of marriage so it can’t be that bad huh? Anyways, it’s nothing fancy but this recipe was a last act of desperation as I had run out of flavourings and needed something to vape. I am not
so calmly sitting, waiting on my flavour delivery as I write this.

TPA Hazelnut 9%
TPA Toasted Marshmallow 3%
Lorann Strawberry 6%

It’s not as bad as I thought it would be…kind of a Black Forest Cake thing without the chocolat.
Thank the powers that be that this will be the last of it though!
Ron

6 Likes

This is a delicious juice . Needs at least a couple weeks to steep.

5 Likes

Nice beginner 2 ingredient recipe:

Strawberries & Chocolate

- by StormDad
Ingredient %
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA) 5
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 10

Flavor total: 15%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
5 Likes

What did the biscuit say when it got run over .oh crumbs …

6 Likes

I’ve got a question about the new Koopor:
With the/a 22mm tank installed, does the tank slightly hang off the edge of the curved body as they do on the Mini?
I don’t think it’s anything to really gripe about, I’m not complaining, just explaining…and the rubber sleeve on the Mini kinda hides this, but after a couple days use you tend to forget about it.

So is this new Koopor like that?

Looks like imma hafta think of a joke, hmmm

Yes, the 22mm TFV4 Mini hangs a bit out over the curve. It’s not too bad and the sleeve also hides it a bit.

1 Like

Simple and good.

CA Chocolate Coconut Almond : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/292661/CA+Chocolate+Coconut+Almond

2% Butter
8% Chocolate Coconut Almond (CAP)
2% Toasted Almond (CAP)

Flavor total: 12%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/2j3b

4 Likes

Hey nice review man pretty happy with my tfv4 already and im in need of a new mod my trusty sig 150 is all good but its starting to smell of alot of flavors haha. So here is my entry one of my ADV. When something is good you need to share. Enjoy!

Green Beam

1% Biscuit (INAWERA)
2% Cake (Yellow) (FW)
3% Funky Pineapple (Molinberry)
3% Kiwi (FA)
2.5% Pear (INAWERA)
2% Sweet Cream (TPA)
4.5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 18%

Oh and funny wise i made my sister in law a juice she was harassing me for one but she still smokes she was goin to leave it to waste so i made her one. Dont try this one. It is realy as deceiving as it looks Muhahaha

Pine Sol

1% Horchata (CAP)
0.7% Joy (FA)
3% Mandarin (FA)
1% Raspberry (INAWERA)
5% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 10.7%

5 Likes

I have no intention of buying either of these but if I won…well I guess I’d have to fiddle with it.

So there were three old ladies walking down the street.
One said to the others It’s windy
Another one said no it’s Thursday
The last one said Me to. I think I’ll have a beer

4 Likes

A frog hops into a bank for a loan. He walks into Loan Officer Patricia Wack’s office to apply. She asks the frog if he has any collateral and the frog produces a small porcelain figurine. Ms Wack excuses herself to discuss this situation with the bank manager and asks, “what is this?” The bank manager looks at it and replies: “It’s a knick knack, Patty Wack, give the frog a loan”!

6 Likes

Oh, that’s just wrong LOL

2 Likes

All jokes aside, now for a recipe though rated well, in my opinion Under Rated. Perhaps we can do something about that under rating ! Thanks Alisa !!!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/99179/Bust-a-Nut

6 Likes

Thanks, I saw that in a mini review but didn’t care, I had to have one…and I love the lil effer! Don’t care one bit. …just figure with dual 18650 room they could have moved it a few mm inboard.

1 Like