Lasimo f4 mod battery hatchet pin broke any help?

Hi yestoday my battery hatchet broked on me so the batterys falls out is it any fix cause i dont wanna throw it:/

2 Likes

need pics …

1 Like

Okey bro ive got pics i dont have a clue how to fix it:/

1 Like

lets see the door. close up as best you can, of the part that attaches to the mod.

1 Like

What you mean i should do? Do you want a photo?

Den tors 20 maj 2021 14:58jinx’d via ELR Forum <elrforum@e-liquid-recipes.com> skrev:

1 Like

yes, i need a photo of the door part that attached to the broken mod part.

1 Like

Can take a photo on the hatchet door when im home

Den tors 20 maj 2021 14:58jinx’d via ELR Forum <elrforum@e-liquid-recipes.com> skrev:

1 Like

1 Like

ok, that ssayss a lot. i thought it was the hinge that broke. hold on a min

2 Likes

ok, i see how that works. what i would do = Plan A. find a piece of hard plastic(Leggo ?), cut off a small piece and glue it on the broken part, let dry for at least 1 day. then try to break it off. if it breaks off easy, on to Plan B. if it stays on = use a Dremel to dress down the tabs that are still there(and removing the glued on test piece), just enough so that you can glue 2 new pieces of that plastic. glue the new pieces on there and let dry. then use the Dremel with a cut off wheel to shape the new tabs.

if you don’t fully understand what i said, just start finding the new plastic, super glue, and a Dremel. and i will get back to you later.

2 Likes

what is a dremel?

1 Like

im not sure ehat to use i dont have lego hmm

1 Like

1 Like

do you have friends with small kids ? ask them, only need one.

1 Like

I have another idea but it may not be ideal. Does that mod have USB charging? if so, I would dedicate 4 NEW batteries to it and super glue that door shut. Then again I do not have that mod and not sure it’s ideal to be charging it via USB or not. But, it may be an option.

1 Like

don’t glue. if worse comes to worse, see that screw in the mod just below the broken latch. You could always drill into that and tap it for a smaller screw. then pop the latch out of the top of the door or bottom of the door and then drill a hole through the door so you can put the screw in and just screw it on every time you want to change the batteries. You might even just be able to take that screw out and use it through the door, or get a longer one. countersink the screw head so you can still set the mod down flat, or add rubber feet for same reason.

2 Likes

Deb, that is a darned good idea :+1:

of course we all want our gear to last forever. and even though we know it won’t, i think often we forget that most of our stuff is disposable and not meant to last very long. .

2 Likes

another good idea. and now that i look at it that way, a screw could be put right in the midddle of the door to between all of the batteries.

2 Likes

even better :blush:

2 Likes

I think the lego idea would work if glued with a proper epoxy after roughing and cleaning the mating surfaces.

2 Likes