Lathe and CNC geekery - Driptips!

You are welcome. I have been wanting to place an order at fasttech, but I haven’t yet.

1 Like

Grrr, I was hoping some of the new colors I ordered would be in today. Not so lucky.

1 Like

(sound of a funeral dirge in the background)
My computer of 5 years died last night. (RIP)

I had all the drip tip order info written down and saved to google drive as well so nothing lost there.

On it’s way is a new (to me) HP Z800 workstation with 12 gb DDR3 RAM and 2x quad core E5640 Xeons of processing power. I got in the habit long ago of backing up my stuff to the cloud and to a server machine I run in my house that has RAID storage in it for reliability.
I know, a departure from the lathe and CNC geekery, but hey…still geekery. LOL
I also got my final order of acrylic blanks in today, the black Delrin should be here tomorrow. Looks like I’m a busy boy this weekend. :smiley: I should have the orders out sometime mid next week at the latest.

4 Likes

Too bad on the PC, but it sounds like you didn’t mind upgrading a touch. Let us know if it’s just easier to resend info. . .but it sounds like you’ve got it covered.

2 Likes

I sill have all your info. Important stuff I am diligent with. Computers usually fail at the most in-opportune moments. It failed, and I was ready for it. :wink:
Of course I don’t mind the upgrade. Though the one that died was no slouch. An Intel core i7 920 overclocked to 4 ghz. The processor is still good, just dated. It’s the motherboard that failed. It is actually cheaper to replace the whole machine than it is to find another performance motherboard that supports that old chip.

1 Like

So I actually got off my lazy azz here at lazeeazzacres and made something on the lathe.
I will be shipping to everybody that ordered them except for Alisa. Something about a TFV4 and an Aromamizer on the way, and I’m not sure now which one she wants a drip tip for.
Anywho, The Reddy Heater is off, the garage is closed and the lathe is asleep probably till next weekend. :slightly_smiling:
All kidding aside, it was a joy and my pleasure to craft these little jewels for each and every one of you. The grand total in donations to Lars/daath/ELR to date is over $100.00. :slight_smile: Thank you!
A little eyecandy for ya’ll.
OH, and yes, that is a solid black acrylic drip tip in there. It is the first and last solid black one I will make out of acrylic. It took me a solid hour to get a finish on that thing that I could feel proud of. sheeesh, thats some tricky stuff. It shows EVERYTHING!

6 Likes

I… Well… Just… Wow! :smiley: They look great!

2 Likes

Um…those…look sweet as all hell, man. Also looks like a TON of work. But you seem to know what you are doing and I am a hack. I’d be working on that until July. Nice job, cant wait for the install date. She needs a new build anyway so I’ll put the new tip on at the same time and vape me some good stuff…

Amazingly beautiful! Well done. :slightly_smiling:

Thanks guys and gals!
It was a bit of work, but once I got a work flow going and got my tooling lined out it was smooth sailing, making chips and buffer dust. BTW, the black one goes to Lars. :slight_smile: He let me pick and had told me he prefers darker colors so…what the King wants…
I got that lathe from my Grandfather (my dad’s dad). He bought it used back in the early 70’s. I learned how to operate a lathe and do basic machine work on that thing… before I turned 15. Later in life I ran much larger machines and at one point I found myself fabricating hydraulic cylinders for everything from Case back hoe’s to Caterpiller D-9 high drives to car crushing cylinders for salvage yards. The latter was no small feat given that they had an inside bore diameter of 16", OD of 20" and where 14 feet long. It usually took me half a days work just to get it chucked and indicated in, then 4 days to do the machine work on it. Chasing threads on something that big… its a bit of a chore. LOL
I digress, THANKS! again. :smiley:

2 Likes

Brad, my hat’s off to you sir! Not just for your craftsmanship, nor your time you dedicated to the project, but also for selflessly giving back to your community and the ELR donations! What a guy!

2 Likes

Excellent work, brother! Each and every one o dem little gems have such a great story behind them…I’m privileged and honored to own not one, but two o dem! Thanks…in advance and in future!

THANKS!
Giving and community seem to be a common theme here at ELR. For what you all have shared with the world with regards to your knowledge in mixing, flavors and all things vape related, it is a small gesture on my part.
Hey, I still have material left, some $ in my PayPal account that will probably go to the vaping industry on some level, and my hobby/habit becomes a little self supportive.
Win/Win/Win/Win
Everybody gains!

2 Likes

A few notes. Primarily I started this project as a way to have a nice drip tip for the Aromamizer. In that, it works very well. The 2 piece assembly works very well. The fit is snug, so once you put it on, it may take a bit of effort to remove. not much, just a bit. I suggest putting the 2 pieces together and then place it on the Aromamizer. This will leave a bit of gap between the chimney on the cap, and the bottom shoulder of the insert and will give you something to grab onto.The fit between the insert and the acrylic is also snug, but needed to be a bit looser to avoid cracking the acrylic. Gluing delrin to anything else is possible, but I don’t think any of us want that stuff near our mouths.
I extended the insert enough in length that it will also work on most other 510 atomizers. The fit on the OBS Crius is tight. Damned tight. Looser on the Indulgence Mutation X MT RTA. Snug on the Bellus. The fit on the Kanger Subtank Mini is good. The Joytech Delta II…it will probably fall out on its own. There is too much variance in tolerances between manufacturers. Since it is a friction fit and no o-rings are used, this is the downside to that convenience.

2 Likes

@daath PM me your postal address! LOL

1 Like

@bradslinux wow these tips are beautiful! do you have a website? Etsy? Ebay?? I defnitely want to purchase a few!!!

:sob:

Heh… Ok, I tell you what… YOU decide, based on
which you think I’ll like best. Aromamizer or TFV4 drip tip…
Purple, Blue, or Green… whatever. I’m going to want
the one you send me!

3 Likes

Didn’t you give your TFV4 away?

Yes, I did. And @ringling (the sweetie) is sending me one. I think he doesn’t like it because he does MTL and the TFV4, well… you know.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. I have slept since I read that. Hard to keep track of all the good deeds on this site LOL.

3 Likes