Leafy - Tainted Carts investigation

It appears that Leafy has done a much better job than the CDC or FDA or any of the mainstream media this is worth a read.

23 Likes

Good damned read @woftam.

5 Likes

Gotta say… Great post (and article) with actual investigative journalism.

Thank you for sharing this with us, and I can only hope that more eyes (than our small family here) will fall on this.

I’d really like to shine a spotlight on the following (from the article, for those too lazy to actually read the whole thing), given all the irresponsible reporting that’s previously occurred trying to tie legal vaping to the illicit pen-cartridge market’s repercussions:

8 Likes

Lies! Misinformation!! This does not concur with the Master Vape Agenda and must be buried and discredited by any means necessary!!! Take to wing my flying monkeys and dig dirt on this publication!!! Leafy is to be considered any enemy of the state!!!

11 Likes

6 Likes

I had a physician (a dog gone doctor) tell me on twitter last night that a person he knew was suffering with lipiod pneumonia from vaping. Lipiod pneumonia is from inhaling OIL there’s not a eliquid manufacturer I know that puts dang OIL in eliquid. So it sounds to me like they were putting THC oil into a cartridge or device which would EASILY explain how people were dying! Our lungs CAN’T HANDLE OIL

7 Likes

The only way I could see someone getting lipoid pneumonia from vaping is if they were DIY mixing flavors with oil which are meant for BAKING not vaping.

7 Likes

A damn good read, which I have shared.

8 Likes

Just for the record, THC oil isn’t really oil. It’s a pure extract from the plant, which you inhale if you smoke it anyway. The apparent problem is that people are using thickeners in bootleg carts so it isn’t so runny and appears more substantial. Those thickeners being used have been found to be vitamin E acetate and mineral oil, both really stupid to inhale. The people doing this IMHO should be charged with murder.

12 Likes

Yea it’s pretty much negligent homicide
There are some sources that claim that
clearcut and honeycut were being used in legitimate THC carts and they are trying to make it seem that only black market carts were the problem to avoid any accountability or lawsuits

Clearcut was approved for use by the Oregon liquor control commission.

6 Likes

Watch video

6 Likes

…while the other 23% are lying to keep their parents from finding out they use drugs.

12 Likes

No doubt Phil

4 Likes

You know thats a fact , at least now Knowone can claim we dont have any testing to know whats causing the problems. With the injunctions this should help . I can’t see how a court would be able to hold up any ban with this info

5 Likes

I can see how, if they use the angle of “Targeting Teens with Fun, Childlike Flavors!!!” Which they will probably shift to if needed.

5 Likes

For at least 50 years now our courts have been moving away from simply applying law to interpreting and manipulating it. Anything could come out of our courts at this point in time. They can dig up “presidence” almost out of the air.

11 Likes

I never though I’d see the day we’d have a black market for flavors. Looks like it could become a reality.

5 Likes

I never thought I’d see the day when a single stoke of a pen by an executive department official would be considered law in the US.

"Liberty is always at stake when one or more of the branches seek to transgress the separation of powers. Separation of powers was designed to implement a fundamental insight: Concentration of power in the hands of a single branch is a threat to liberty. The Federalist states the axiom in these explicit terms: “The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands . . . may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.” The Federalist No. 47, p. 301 (C. Rossiter ed. 1961)

8 Likes

they essential created their own language to do it too

“Legalese”

7 Likes

Yes they have, inter alia, and should be estopped from doing so pursuant to FRCP rule ____ :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes