Leaking solution

Just stumbled upon this and its simplicity is brilliant. I haven’t tried it yet, will do soon.

11 Likes

Smart, I guess that does make sense.

I stand corrected, actually… I told a guy there wasn’t a way I could think of… Wish I could tag him but I don’t remember the name at all

@d00mhammers

7 Likes

Just to clarify, did he wrap the teflon tape on the bottom part of the glass that connects to the base screw? Or did he wrap the bottom of the coil before screwing it into the base?? I wish I could see him do the actual wrapping.

7 Likes

Just run a layer with opposite orientation to threads, that way it won’t chase itself off… Single layer should work as it’ll compress when you screw it on…

Sorry same direction, messed that up… Had to think about it sadly and I’ve used a few thousand rolls in the oilfield I bet.

7 Likes

Line up to threads put tip on the end and wrap tight, once it over laps tear it off or cut if you want to be neat

6 Likes

Thank you. But threads to what? Threads from the coil to the base? Threads from the bottom of the glass to the base?

5 Likes

Maybe I can see a video of you threading yours.

5 Likes

oooooh, @KC111 you dirty girl you

6 Likes

Oh my gosh! I didn’t even think about THAT! Hahaha.

5 Likes

wish I’d thought of this…

:thinking: my solution was to buy top-air tanks only :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Right their with you. Don’t see this working from sweating.

4 Likes

Unless I start buying bottom-air, I will likely never know :grin:

5 Likes

Got a mix of bottom and top AF. The tops never leak.

4 Likes

That’s why I love 'em :joy:

6 Likes

Has anyone bought the new Profile X? It’s supposed to be an improvement of the Unity and it has top airflow. I think I need one.

4 Likes

I have been thinking of buying one just to see if its better then the profile m. As a mesh goes that the m was a brutal learning curve to stop dry hits. Took me a while to figure it out. I literally cut the vv mesh longer then the pre cut mesh and stuff it. Never have issues now but it takes a while to do with making sure its saturating the cotton before i throw it back together. As i only use mesh now im hesitant because the issues with the m.

5 Likes

I haven’t and haven’t looked at new tanks forever :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Same, I bought a Tripod by Atmizo but aside from that it’s just my Hellfire Exocetv2 or Squonks… I like them so much I even registered my own website with that name

2 Likes

I squonk mostly, don’t care much for tanks at all, but if you want when I take a shit at work I can record a video… I will post it in politics because Fidalgo doesn’t go there.

4 Likes

I would appreciate a video. I’m still confused about where exactly the teflon tape is to be threaded. It would be most convenient to have it posted here under this placeholder since this is where I first saw the video. Thank you very much.

2 Likes