Leaking solution

I just rewatched the vid and at @3.00 mins, he refers to the moisture/liquid “coming from the coil”.

Also just reviewed the comments on the OG Video on youtube and found this:

“This will work in all systems where the coils screw in to the tanks. If you have some kind of push in system, where there are no threads on your coils, it probably will not work. Teflon is meant to seal screw threads, and that is how I intend it to be used in this solution.”

and this:

“In the case of my Mero tank and B coils, on both ends. I used a couple of turns of teflon tape both on top and on the bottom of the coil. Because the chimney inserts into the coil on top, and there is another O-ring on the bottom to keep the coil in place.”

and in case we are still not sure:

Q “It goes on the coils correct?”
A “On the threads of the coil.”

So I think it goes on the coils :wink:

4 Likes

Bless you for taking this time to research and answer my question! I have a few bottom af tanks (Cerebrus, Freemax, Falcon Kings), with my favorite and most used being the Cerebrus. I don’t necessarily get straight up leaking per se, but do notice some pooling of liquid on occasion and my tank gets slimy. The Cerebrus, Freemax, Falcon Kings all have the screw in coil setup. I also have a few top af tanks, my favorite being the Sakerz Master and since that is a top af with a pnp coil, I don’t have any leaking. The way you described the threading set up makes perfect sense, thank you so much!! Now I will go buy some teflon tape and take care of that slimy mess!

3 Likes

Coils have o-rings at the base though…

4 Likes

Uh Oh, what do I do then?

3 Likes

Don’t worry what you are getting is sweating. It’s the vapor in the air flow that isn’t being pulled into your lungs. It cools and condensed. It’s not a leak. No matter how’s it’s sealed it happens. To avoid sweating take your finger off the button a little before you end your vape or blow on the mouth piece till the vapor stops coming out of the air slot. I don’t do either. I keep a paper towel handy and wipe it down.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! The sweating, pooling, leaking, etc is why my husband hates vaping my mods. He loves his little Oxva Xlim V2 the most of all my gear. I’m still working on getting him off the stinkies.

6 Likes

The stick (pods) still sweat. They are less likely to do so tho because they don’t produce as much vapor. The older Smok pod device I would have to check and clean at the power contact’s to the pods.

4 Likes

Yes, I have to wipe down my Smok Fetch Pro, Aspire Prime X and Innokin Kroma-Z’s every time I remove the pods, too. BUT, I won’t tell the hubby that, LOL. I’m just thrilled he loves his device and hopefully he will cut down on the cigs. He doesn’t smoke much anyway, maybe 5-8 sticks a day.
Maybe you can tell me why an eraser is the best tool to clean the contacts? I saved one of my Aegis X’s that way.

6 Likes

Also, how does the teflon tape wrap around the threads on such small coils like the Cerebrus anyway?

3 Likes

New one on me. Guessing because the pencil goes down into the well and the rubber won’t damage anything.

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

The coil seals with a O ring. My Cerebrus tanks don’t leak unless the O ring gets damaged or over tightened and out of shape. Coil is only going to last about 60ml of juice till they need to be replaced. I bought the WOTOFO Rebuildable coil kits for the Smok baby beast. Same coil.

6 Likes

Wow, that Cerebrus coil is a short lived coil life for you. Very interesting. You are lucky you can do rebuildable coils!!

4 Likes

Simple to rebuild. Just wrap a coli strip around a pole then wrap a precut cotton around the coil slide it into the coil housing slot and screw the housing cap on trim excess cotton. Done.
Makes 10 coils for about $5.00.
Don’t use the tank much anymore. RTA’s build as fast and cheaper. With flavor changes just have to burn gunk and replace cotton.
Not just burnt coils. Always changing flavors.

5 Likes

Sounds easy enough but I only have 1 working hand. I will revisit this issue when I get a new bionic arm, lol.

5 Likes

Isn’t the Cerebrus coil a little too small for a teflon tape wrap anyway?

3 Likes

Please get Teflon tape out of your head. You have no need for Teflon. You are using premade commercial coils. They use the same design as the my Rebuildable coil. If you look at manufactured coils at at about 3/16 inch from the bottom of the coil you see a O ring. That O ring seals against the SS of the base. Pop the coil thru hole and it seals. Hole is small enough to only allow the bottom 516 pin of coil to go thru till where the body of the coil flairs out. Below the flair is the O ring seal.

4 Likes

Thank you, I have so much to learn.

4 Likes

I already do all as shown in this video except I screw the coil in the base first before priming. It makes it easier for this gimp to hold and reassemble. I also don’t fill the tank as full as he does because I find that if the tank is too full, I might get more spitback.

4 Likes

All you need to do is screw the coil into the the base. When it doesn’t turn anymore the O ring has made the liquid seal. Prime and Screw the base on and your good to go

4 Likes