Leaking solution

That’s why I rake my cotton. Serves two purposes. Fits juice well without constriction. Fluffs cotton to absorb faster.
That’s the reason I cut my tails longer than the depth of juice well.

2 Likes

well if u watch second part of video i send u it shows that raking ends negatively affects wicking. Also, wouldn’t cut cottone deeper than juice wells cause it go into the hole at bottom of deck and clog it

2 Likes

Fills it yes. Clogs it no. That may be the answer to your flooding problems. By not clogging as you call it the bell is flooded and juice is leaking out the air holes.
What do you have to loose but a little time and a inch of cotton. My Supreme doesn’t leak and keeps up with chain vaping without dry hitting.

2 Likes

well i dunno, i never had problems with wicking beside the steamcrave tanks. it’s weird. Sometimes it wicks perfectly with no leaks and great flavor but i cant seem to put my finger on it so i can replicate it for future.

3 Likes

All the Steam Crave deck’s are the same. At least from the Ranger on dow to the lite. Their all well type with a hole at the bottom of the well to allow juice to the wicking. If the cotton tail is allowed to sit on the bottom ( not stuffed in) it stops flooding and allows the cotton to wick to the coil or coils. When cotton gets wet it expands. Too much cotton in the well under expansion will cut juice flow to the coil. It’s a fine balance but you don’t have to be exact.

I still believe your leaking problem thru the juice adjustment is because of flooding in the bell. Sounds like 1) your tails aren’t long enough or 2) you don’t have enough cotton for the ID of the coil being used. I use 4 Steam Crave’s in rotation sitting on the table next to me every day. None leak or dry hit.

This is not the Supreme. It’s the Plus V2. You should get my drift about plugging the hole. Only time it’s leaked was after filling and not shutting off the flow control. That flooding was not the falt of the RDTA.

4 Likes

Buddy, lemme tell you about the griffin

2 Likes

How much cotton would you use for 3mm coil? I use Muji. I can see your cotton poking from bottom hole, shouldn’t that be avoided

2 Likes

I tear a 6mm piece of cotton in three equal pieces. So it’s 6mm X 2mm.

Avoided? No. It’s necessary to dam up holes to keep the bell and air flow in the bell from flooding and leaking. Remember The cotton will expand when exposed to the juice. The cotton expanded thru the holes after primed. It didn’t poke thru when I changed the cotton.

4 Likes

Hmmm so 2mm cotton for 3mm coil? Cause I’m not sure I get it. I have single coil 3mm id

2 Likes

6mm cotton is like a Cotton Bacon piece of out of the pack. Once rolled it’s tight in a 3mm ID coil. Same piece of cotton cut in half fills a 3.5mm coil almost too tight.

3 Likes

I see. It’s hard to tell for me as I never used cotton bacon. Only muji

2 Likes

Is Muji compressed? I use almost any cotton that is cheap. I have Two rules for cotton. non bleached and somewhat short break in time. At less than a bowl. Using an Amazon Japanese cotton because it’s somewhat cheap and because I change flavors often and I have about 24 RTA’S/RDA’s within reach at any time. Also test flavors and change cotton almost once a day on something.

4 Likes

I wouldnt say it is. it’s pads: Japanese organic cotton

3 Likes

How thick is it? 2"X2" Pads?

3 Likes

i would say 5x6 cm or so roughly

2 Likes

Try cutting in 2mm to 3mm strip. Pull through coil and move cotton back and forth. I bend over the cotton outside the base and estimate how long to cut the tails. Cut a mm or two larger. Rake cotton and pull off fuzzies. insert cotton in slot and prime. insert in slot of bell. attach bottom and fill tank. open juice ring. vape away.

4 Likes

well i actually use about twice the coil diameter of the coil in cotton, so about 6 mm, then peel off top and bottom layers and an extra layer so cotton is snugish. Maybe I should use a Scottish roll?

2 Likes

Also is leak cause by lack of cotton in coil or in legs?

2 Likes

Remember your cotton is 6mm thick when it is pulled through it is double that 6mm. 2mm to 3mm strip should be plenty for a 3mm ID Coil. When pulling back there should be enough resistance to almost shave that cotton in the coil. If too loose liquid will pop when heated. Make sure that that resistance is there. Better too tight than loose.

2 Likes

The leak by my best guess is the legs are too short and not plugging that bottom hole.

4 Likes