Lets talk Nicotine ( Suppliers and Manufacturers)

Are your Salts Clear ??

Google Photos

The one in left is Salt the other is free base . This is how they came and the freebase is still just as clear . I was told the Salt Nic color is normal due to the process BUT it still worries me and this bottle has 3 other bottle in front of it b4 I crack it open

5 Likes

WHEW, that is some color. Mine came almost as completely clear as the freebase. Maybe a slight pinkish hueā€¦

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer what you just linked really has me concerned now ā€¦

5 Likes

Well that post and pics was from Nov 2019, and donā€™t know if they reformulated ??

4 Likes

I cant link LNW here can you try ā€¦

5 Likes

Ya im thinking they did ā€¦Let me grab what wad soad about the kind they carry now

5 Likes

https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/

4 Likes

I meant @LiquidNicotineW there it isā€¦Hey LNW can you explain why your salts are so dark compared to what they were in 2019 ???

7 Likes

I open the bottle and transfer every bit of it into smaller boston rounds. I use mostly 30ml bottles with a couple of 60ml. I fill them to the top and then put them in a Food Saver bag and use my Food Saver to pull all the air out. I have been doing it that way from the very beginning and have never had an issue until now. Iā€™m not happy I can say that.

5 Likes

@Dan_the_Man where are you storing these, freezer I hope ?

5 Likes

My LNW salts always turn yellow when exposed to room temperature. Have not noticed any change in taste or strength. They will gradually darken to pale orange before I get to the end of the 120 ml working bottle. The 250mg does always deliver yellow regardless of season ordered. The 100mg usually is a very pale yellow or clear on delivery.

5 Likes

That makes me think Dan is leaving his at room temp. I canā€™t vape Salts, but mix them for others, and mine lives in the freezer, and hasnā€™t yellowed yet.

5 Likes

Ya know what I just realized? That I changed it some. Now I remember that I used to have 100mg 50/50
Now I have 250mg and 100% PG.

5 Likes

Freezer @Dan_the_Man ??

4 Likes

ya man, freezer. I must have forgot to write it. LOL :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL Dan. Well, I only have 100mg, so perhaps the 250mg is indeed different. 2.5X stronger, so stands to reason it might age differently.

5 Likes

Correct @SessionDrummer higher concentrations of Nic will have a shorter shelf life, nudenicotine.com has a blog about this,

Higher nicotine strengths will possess more nicotine molecules, less likely to be completely solvated by their carrier (PG/VG). Put simply ā€“ 100mg/mL formulations will keep for less time than a 24mg/mL formulation.

9 Likes

I use LNW. I have always had great experiences with them and there products, except one time. Now that I know what I know I equate the issue to my ignorance. I had always bought from wizard labs prior and because they were so close to where I live I hadnā€™t had to factor shipping times and weather. Now if I need to order in the hot months I use wizard labs because freebase doesnā€™t hold up well in the back of a shipping truck going cross country. I did notice the nic salt are ever so slightly harsher when they have to travel far in the heat as well, not as bad as freebase though. I now just order a years worth during the coldest time of the year, or order as local as possible in the heat.

10 Likes

OK, I didnā€™t know about this. Glad there are more informed than me on here. Another ā€œplusā€ for being part of this great family. Thanks @SessionDrummer and @Rocky02852. I have some 100mg and 200mg in the freezer at the moment so I guess the 200mg will have to move up the ladder at some point :wink:. Cheersā€¦

5 Likes

@Dardy thank you very much. I was always taught NIC was a ticking time bomb when exposed to light/heat/oxygen, and the higher levels, the faster it ticked. I briefly considered getting some 250 from LMW, but decided against it, and stuck with 100, figuring the best of both worlds, i.e. bang for the buck and longevity.

6 Likes