Lets talk Nicotine ( Suppliers and Manufacturers)

If this is in the wrong place, please point me in a better direction.
Just starting to think about mixing now and have of course done my own research. Interested though obviously in input from others. What are the more popular/trusted suppliers for Nic/PG/VG that everyone here trusts? I am in the panhandle of Florida if that helps with considerations of shipping times, etc. I will be new to mixing but not vaping. To put that in perspective…when I first started, I had to order my first pen from the UK since they were not available in America at the time.

6 Likes

Bull city flavors
Wizard labs

These 2 places are closest to you …

5 Likes

For nic: NicSelect or CXTC (Carolina Extracts)

For VG: Musim Mas (which is palm-derived)

To me, the reseller is secondary to the Supplier. Though I would suggest staying with the larger resellers/vendors when possible (Bull City, River_Supply_Co, etc).
As sometimes (not often, but possible nonetheless) you can run into good nic that is near the end of life due to over-ordering by the vendor, or poor sales due to high pricing, and even lack of awareness by the public that they carry a particular product/nic.

I’ve never had a problem with NicSelect or Musim Mas in (2 months shy of) 5 years of vaping.

I have had problems with locally sourced, unknown nic (from mom-n-pops stores), as well as Nude Nicotine, Chemnovatic, and a couple of others.

5 Likes

You make a good point. I should have mentioned I am more interested in the manufacturer/main supplier than i am the reseller. I don’t want something that came in a 55 gallon barrel from china that was broken into 5 gallon pails at a supplier and then 1 gallon or smaller bottles at a reseller and is already seen hundreds of miles and dozens of hands. I’d pay a little more for the utmost quality straight from a US/European manufacturer or main supplier.

4 Likes

It’s getting harder to find Musim Mas for what it’s worth… You used to be able to find it easily (at River Supply). But they changed the description of their VG listing, when they were basically forced to open the door to other sources (thanks to the COVID bs and folks depleting the supply of VG in making home-brew hand sanitizer…)

They still include Musim Mas as one of their sources, you just can’t specify it anymore. :cry:
@Nicotine_River correct me if I’m wrong please!

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly Thank you for the mention!

You are correct about a shortage of VG causing us to locate new suppliers. All suppliers we carry are reputable and must be approved by our QC team and ISO compliant inspection process before use. Virtually, we do our best to ensure our supply can remain consistent with little to no change in taste, vapor production, viscosity, etc. so although the product we offer is not always Musim Mas, it’s basically identical in quality. All VG we source is palm derived from: Indonesia, Malaysia, or Thailand only due to the geographical benefits those areas have for high quality palm VG.

As for Musim Mas itself, we do still offer this brand however much less often than we used to. Due to the high demand and surprisingly high price this brand carries, it is difficult to remain competitive while offering Musim Mas (as it’s nearly 20-25% more expensive on average). Lastly, due to this high demand we have experienced shortages of this product in the past, making them difficult to fully rely on. All in all, they’re a great brand, but the other brands we offer are of identical quality at a more affordable price.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Very much appreciate the additional information! :thumbsup:

While I was a bit disappointed initially (back when I first learned of the VG channels being affected), I’ve continued to get my VG from you guys, and it’s remained excellent quality.

So I greatly appreciate the efforts you go to in trying to maintain the standard of quality that you do!

5 Likes

In that case Nicotine is gonna be as subjective as flavors…As fsr as VG Musim Mas is gonna be the biggest supplier

As far as the Nicotine ive taken some of the most well known Manufacturers at the first post of this page …

3 Likes

Can you tell us what those brands are ?? Im thebtype who likes to research . Ive also sought out Musim Mas because it was/ is imo the best

5 Likes
4 Likes

I would like for this thread to stay as much about nicotine as possible …Thanks everyone

4 Likes

In the past I’ve bought from MFS, Totally Wicked, Vapoureyes (NZ) and Hiliq.

All to date has been fine but some of my Hiliq definitely was not clear, particularly some 50/50 that I once bought.
But to be fair I tested the Hiliq and it tasted just fine with no noticeable off taste or pepperiness.

I also find Hiliqs customer service superb so out of choice I always use them now.
Hiliq is also the cheapest but needless to say if the product was substandard that wouldn’t matter.

5 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes No problem my man!

The brands we offer with a bunch of documentation can be found here,

There are a handful of QC approved suppliers as there are many wholesale distributors of diluents all with their own documents so we keep record of everything. We currently use around 25,000 gallons of glycerin a month to keep up with demand, so don’t be alarmed that there are a lot of brands! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well I trust you guys , the reason I still shop with you :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch: I do try to retain as much knowledge as possible

6 Likes

I live in South Carolina, and started mixing with NicVape nicotine and flavors from a local store. They are a bit pricey, but I have never had a bad batch from them. Always clear, and I can buy locally in the summer so it avoids “hot” transit. I usually order River Supply in the cooler season.

4 Likes

Do you know who’s Nicotine Nicvape sells ??

3 Likes

As I understand, they are a direct manufacturer.

4 Likes

Wow …They must be huge around the world

4 Likes

8 Likes

I haven’t read that exact correspondence yet but the Hiliq rep on an Australian vaping forum I’m a member of did post a while ago mentioning about an increase but BUGGER ME!!!

40-60%!!!

If that’s the case as much as I like Hiliq as a vendor that increase is more than a bit strong and any of my possible future orders will be heading to NZ.

When he mentioned an increase I thought it would be a few percent not 50%.

5 Likes