Liquid Barn Tasting Notes

Yep, I always check to see if there is a @SessionDrummer review on anything newish I see. Helps a lot to have a consistent reviewer that we can relate to by comparing the multitude of tests to our own experience.

Been responsible for a few purchases I otherwise would not have made…

7 Likes

Wow @Ianc13 that’s very high praise, especially from you. I have to say, I think you ARE very wise, in stating COMPARING my tests to your own. Very smart, and ALWAYS the best way to roll, as our tastes are OUR tastes.

I’m glad to hear that, and can only hope I didn’t lead you astray.

6 Likes

Well, not only do we have different perceptions of flavours, abilities to taste different nuances and polar opposite olfactory systems, but we mostly use different modalities of vaping too so what you may get testing DTL will be different from what I get MTL.

Therefore, I read your reviews of flavours I have, compare them to the experience they give to me, and that gives me a base point on any new ones I am interested in.

Nope, not as such. Some have been less spectacular at the percentages you tested at, but playing around with that helps most of the time.

For instance, the Cheesecake Olympus (FA) 2.5% test you did persuaded me to purchase it as a “free shipping filler” on a purchase. You rated it 9.4/10 at that percentage but I only give it a 5. I am still waiting on a longer steep to see if it improves, but I think this may be a mixer for me with other cheesecakes rather than a standalone.

All good though, without trying these things we would never know…

6 Likes

@Ianc13 and with the fact, that I do indeed MTL about 50% of the time, and am currently stuck on the lazy, single/double fruits, am VERY interested in that, as I need to EXPAND my MTL choices.

5 Likes

I did this at 8% too and it seems quite muddled, certainly not a clear VIC for my palette. Willndrop it down like you did and see what it does.

3 Likes

At times, I get SICK of hearing the voices in my OWN head, as to what I feel, think, or taste, and enjoy hearing what other people think, ESPECIALLY with flavors that I have already tested. Like you said, it ADDS perspective, and much more.

As far as the Cheesecake Olympus, do you think (assuming you are MTL) that it needed to be much higher to come through in MTL, or maybe just a non-starter for you ?

4 Likes

I’ll be curious to hear how that turns out for you. Flavors can be quite interesting, and many act DIFFERENTLY when pushed too high. Some interesting, some terrible, and like you said, some just get muddled. That’s actually a good word choice @Ianc13.

3 Likes

I have a feeling that it might be more of a thick cream for me. I think of NY Cheesecake “baked” style or biscuit crust with a cheesy style filling as that is what I grew up with. I usually add a Dash of FW Cheesecake to my CC mixes to help with that so I think the Olympus is a little bland in that respect.

However, it is still steeping (nearly 5 weeks) so am still testing…

3 Likes

I guess it would be easy to overthink and forget the golden rule that all taste is subjective. You provide a guide, based on your perceptions, and I have yet to see anything unrelatable to what I get from the same flavours, just my experience is different at times. A bit like steak, the base ingreadient is the same but what you taste compared to what i taste can be similar but different… know what i mean?

2 Likes

Are you soley MTL ? I didn’t want to keep asking if you were MTL’ing THIS, or MTL’ing THAT.

If so, I don’t think I have EVER MTL’d a Cheesecake.

2 Likes

100% mate. Can’t even do restricted dtl, just doesn’t work for me.

2 Likes

WOW. I mean you’ve probably told em that OVER and OVER, and either I misunderstood, or forgot. I knew you MTL’d, but now, WOW. We gotta pow-wow on some flavors, as I KNOW you have offered MTL specific advise, for flavors that I’d never considered MTL’ing. Sure, sure, you can OVER simplify and say, “Just double flavors for MTL or Pods”, but it’s a little more complicated than that.

Very interesting…

Vaping IS vaping, but my experience with DTL vs. MTL has been VERY different, at least as far as flavors, usage rates, saturation aspects, nuances that carry over well, and others that do not.

5 Likes

It is, but it also isn’t…

Perhaps we should move this off the LB thread mate…

Lets go to All things MTL instead…

Sorry for derailing this subject guys. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Hehe, very agreed, very agreed …

3 Likes

Omg I have been mixing ALL my sfts too high. Like custard premium! Mixed that sft 11%
Month later tastes like nothing. Same with well everything lately. Shit.
Thanks for the info again guys!

3 Likes

OMG, yeah that would be too high for me. More is not always better mate :smiley:

5 Likes

Ya…
I’ve been learning the hard way…goood thing lol when I 1st ordered it I ordered 200mls of the stuff! Lmao! Little overboard…mabye​:thinking::grin:

4 Likes

I usually start with a 10ml to test, then a 30ml to see how much I use and if it is something I use a lot of, I get 100ml bottles.

I have 100ml min of CAP Vanilla Custard, TPA Vanilla Custard, INW Custard, FA Custard Premium, CAP New York Cheesecake and TPA Cheesecake Graham Crust because I use them the most. Also have 100ml + of VTA Pudding Base as I use that stuff in a lot of things too.

5 Likes

Now I own 490 something flavors I realize I don’t vape fruits hardly ever…unless I get vapors tongue but its almost always custard that does it cuz I can never seem to get enough or cant find or make the perfect one. Lately I’m on this graham cracker kick. Everything’s a damn graham cracker. Haha!
I am 98% sure I’ve got this twist eliquid S.B honey graham clone nailed down tight im testing today and it’s holding up so far! Ill be back to my custard trip!*

6 Likes

I was the same when I first started out with mixing and ended up with around 150 ish flavours. However, now I have reduced that to my current 82 flavours and as things run out I don’t use often, that will reduce more. Took me a while but I know what I like and resist buying flavours I probably won’t like long term.

6 Likes