Liquid Barn Tasting Notes

This is a quick opinion on LB Pumpkin Pie . I mixed this at 5 , 10 and 15 pct ( 15 pct is LB recommended pct ) as of tonight its been three days , all were mixed 70vg 30pg and im testing on a Velocity V2 .25ohm dual clapton coil ive tested only the 5pct mix and it has a thick mouth feel and a sweet creamy pumpkin pie taste , over all it is in my opinion strong at 5 pct , but there is. an obvious BA taste lingering so ill let this steep and also mix at 2.5 pct , as of right now i would say this flavor has a lot of potential and i would recommend it , i will check in and give a better break down once ive figured out the percents and let steep

9 Likes

I mixed it yesterday at 15% and dripped a little after I read your post. 15 % will put some hair on your chest. Man is it strong/foul. Turning that 20 mils into 60 or more wonā€™t break my heart. I can tell it has a pretty good flavor but damm, whatever else is there I sure hope it steeps out. (probably) I went 15 % because of their recommendation. Iā€™ll learn.

6 Likes

ya 5 pct might be very good after a long steep , i will not try the 15 or 10pct again , those suggestions are way off base , but maybe for a new mixer just off of ciggs it may be ok

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Thanks for that write up brother. I DO appreciate the BA details very much. Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for your post steeping results. How does it fare as a SF standalone ?

3 Likes

at 5 pct its pretty good , but there is some kind of off taste to it which im unsure what it is , i think the 5pct may still be too high so it may be the spice , i have to say that im amazed at the creaminess and the mouth feel , the one thing it is lacking after 3 days is the crust but that may be there after steep ill test the 5 pct at a week and the 2.5 pct ill test the same 3 days , 1 week etc

4 Likes

Ya the spice in it to me seems a bit much more like an redhot cinnamon rather than actual cinnamon. Still only steeped for two weeks, going to give it a month and test then!

2 Likes

what percent are you using it at

2 Likes

ATTENTION !!! ALERT ALERT ALERT

Please disregard any previous statements regarding LB Pumpkin Pie , i just tried the 5pct mix ( it has been a week ) and the taste i got from it 4 days ago is gone , i mean barely any taste at all , so i tried the 10pct mix and this has mellowed into a pretty good stand alone flavor , so please wait for my final tests at all three different percentages ill have notes and test every week from here until one month , i do believe some where with in these three we will find a winner so please be patient and ill update in threw weeks with detailed notes ty

10 Likes

Thanks Fidalgo.

3 Likes

Np i have had flavors do this b4 that is why i test 3 days then 1 week and after that weekly it is amazing how a flavor will change , sorry if i misled anyone by my initial comments i was excited , i should no better btw have you received the MF Lemon yet ???

3 Likes

Iā€™ll follow your lead. Iā€™m at best a beginner. I get the lemon tomorrow and will mix V2 again. Thanks again.

3 Likes

awesome enjoy that lemon its grrrreeeat up it to .5 pct

4 Likes

Same here I had the same results as you going to test the 13./. One soon! Does seem like a nice flavor and feel though boosting the crust aspect with fa apple pie!

3 Likes

Notes for two flavors I was sent recently. Sorry about the gap between 3 and 6 weeks. My sisterā€™s wedding and then a Prob and Stats exam meant I didnā€™t have time.
The format is:
Flavor Name | Rating | Single % | Mixing %
Notes

Sour Gummy | 3 Stars | 8% | 6%
Tested at 10%, 40/60 PG/VG, no nic.
Kylin RTA - 0.25ohm dual coil SS; VT133 - TC
SnV - Plasticy, slightly waxy, and chemically. A little bit of a sour gummy though.
Rewicked Kylin with Hemp
1 week - Still reminds me a little more of a wax lips kind of a candy than a gummy. I guess Iā€™m getting a little gummy in the background. Not super sour, more bright and fruity.
2 weeks - Same. Bright and fruity, maybe a little more sour/bitter, very gummy/waxy.
3 weeks - Same.
6 weeks - Same. Sour, waxy, fruity, gummy. Not bad for what it is but I donā€™t see myself using it all that often.

Vanilla Mint | 4 Stars | 8% | 5%
Tested at 10%, 40/60 PG/VG, no nic.
Kylin RTA - 0.25ohm dual coil SS; VT133 - TC
SnV - Definitely minty. Slight vanilla. Little bit of a chemical note.
Rewicked Kylin with Hemp
1 week - Vanilla mint, slightly creamy. Kinda tastes like toothpaste, though. If I donā€™t think about the toothpaste aspect, itā€™s more of a soft mint.
2 weeks - Same. Soft vanilla mint that could taste like toothpaste if I think about it too much.
3 weeks - Same but less toothpaste.
6 weeks - Nice soft vanilla mint. Good flavor for its purpose. Not sure how often Iā€™ll actually use it.

6 Likes

Does anyone have any hints or best practices for the LB Strawberry? I mixed at recommended %, 2 60ml batches, steep 2 weeks, both seem very sharp. First few hits were a flowery sb but then seemed sharp with a pronounced throat hit. Gonna try just leaving it for more steep time.

The same notes for my first batch of Blu_Raz. Leaving it in longer steep.

I also have the SB/ Cheesecake, Wht_Choco Peppermint and Lava Cake on steep since 12.1. I havenā€™t tried them yet as Iā€™m still working to get a daily SB or BluRaz sorted outā€“not there yet.

Sounds like 3-5 week steep times are helping some of these flavors. Iā€™m brand spankinā€™ new to DIY but remain encouraged. Any tips, hints, appreciated.

3 Likes

I might add my daily kit is a SMOK Procolor, big baby beast w/ Q2 (.4 ohm) 56-60W

1 Like

I mix at 50/50

Blue raspberry - I made for someone at recommended tried it in their $9 vape pen , tasted pretty good so I put it in my tfv8 @ 120w . Didnā€™t like it needed sweetener or something

Strawberry cheesecake @ recommended. I joke about it but the guy from Loweā€™s actually texted his mother and asked her why her strawberry cheesecake was never this damn good

White chocolate pepermint - saying itā€™s delicious is an understatement.

Recipes Iā€™ve found and like with blue raspberry

Not tried it but found this for friend and she wants more

Recipes I found and like using strawberry

This one I created found a recipe for strawberry pin cola and translated the ingredients into vape flavors

These are recipes I found and like

White chocolate peppermint is goood by itself

But this is good also

Welcome to the the wonderful world of DIY . Itā€™s not just a hobby itā€™s and adventureā€¦

1 Like

Just some quick water test notes as these two flavorings are new. Water testing will give one a general idea of strength and flavor but oft times the subtle notes are lost. The reasons i water tested these two was because i wanted to know how bourbony the bourbon is in the eggnog.

Eggnog

Nice holiday spice smell and taste but if the bourbon flavor stays this prevalent then this wont be something i can use. It seems like a nice bourbon flavor but i dont alcohol. I couldnt really detect much beyond the bourbon and the holiday spice notes.

Cranberry Cobbler

Nice sweet type cranberry filling, i didnt detect and tartness so i hope that comes out in vape. The rest tastes a bit like the Bakers Touch/Snickerdoodle or one of their other bakery types.

Ill fill this in with some vape notes, just thought id put my first impressions out there for those looking at them.

7 Likes

Thanks for the replyā€¦the recipes have given me some ideasā€¦Like you, I think both the BluRaz and SB need a bit of sweet. I have some LB Cream so Iā€™m gonna try adding that to both flavors and see what brews. BR and Cream should work. SB and Cream sounds deliciousā€¦ratios are what will need to be sorted out. Any thoughts on the ratios using LB Cream?

Iā€™m using the LB tastemaster kits as I start this new adventureā€“putting final mix in 60ml boston rounds for shelf time. Weā€™ll see where the journey leads.

2 Likes

Found a few strawberry creams

I do not have cream ā€¦ yet but eventually I will.

But if you add you flavors to your flavor stash , and click what can I make . You begin to look into the rabbit hole.

Click search by flavor stash and a whole new world of possibilities opens up as you fall into the rabbit hole . And start making a list and checking it twice . Eventually you will know what flavors are naughty and niceā€¦

Edit:

Those taste master kits looked interesting . But check out their DIY kits. I recommend those to everyone starting out .
Order kit without nic and add 100mg nic to their order.

2 Likes