Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers Anybody use them?

Well, it sounds like their apparent failure to answer the “Argon” question effectively means a “no” answer.

As to the freezer storage bit, we’ve been through this subject before on a few threads on this forum. I find no credible reasons to avoid such (per se) - even when in 100% VG solutions. It would be interesting and informative to ask them to (specifically) substantiate their claims. Needs to be more than some vague “appeal to (ostensible, but not necessarily reliable) authority”. Should frequent large temp changes be avoided ? Surely (in any case). I don’t think that the temperatures of (even) old-fashioned “freezer box” refrigerators (which tend to be lower than more modern self-defrosters) is too low of an “absolute” (as opposed to changing) range of temperatures. Stability of storage temps seems a desirable condition - as well as staying on top of any issues associated with the volume increase with rising temperatures if/when containers have been opened (when initially cold). IIRC, @SessionDrummer described such an incident. The upshot seemed to be the wisdom of leaving more unfilled space in container than one (might) prefer.

6 Likes

Well crap. Now I have conflicting opinions. Viewed a video by a Dr. that claimed freezer was the way to go. Oh boy.

6 Likes

I only brought it up as Carolina Xtract says the same thing and has a warning about freezing nic. I think it has to do with the way some freezers keep frost from building up. I have had bottles of nic in the freezer for more than 3 years though and they were all good once I cracked the seal to start using.

5 Likes

That was my impression too, not sealed with Argon.

5 Likes

I don’t know what exactly expanded, but something did. Def. agree with extra headspace, which can be easily overcome by Argon topping off.

4 Likes

Perhaps just a case (where it comes to LNW’s response) of “copy and paste” thinking ? Carolina Xtract’s statements (taken on their own) don’t really make sense. Perhaps they nevertheless have “propagated” ?

See this August, 2019 post regarding this same issue:

This (subsequent) post mentions the only method by which (only likely pure) Glycerin ever forms crystals:

Glycerin (Glycerol) is the only component of any relevant concern (Nicotine and Propylene Glycol are fine).

5 Likes

I just thought I would add what I was told. I am going to keep with what has worked for me thus far. Transferring to amber glass bottles with those cone caps and leaving a little space for expansion. I have never used argon and all my nic has been good, not too worried about it.

7 Likes

For Glycerin, this online calculator indicates that it’s density (mass/volume) only decreases by 2.35% between -25 and +25 *C (range of 90 *F). That equates to a total +2.41% (of volumetric) increase.

Can’t find online calcs for Propylene Glycol - but this graph (see for 100% PG) tells the (similar) story:

Source (Dow Chemical “A Guide to Glycols”, Page 23): https://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedLiteratureDOWCOM/dh_091b/0901b8038091b508.pdf?filepath=pro

5 Likes

Additional information from the source(s) is always appreciated in my book.

I strongly agree.
Experience tells me (having had multiple smaller 120ml bottles of a single liter in the freezer for going on 3 years now) that there’s absolutely NO concern (on my part) as to the reliability of the method, or the results. Especially when every one has been as fresh as the first.

When I do pull a 120ml down (cracking the ‘seal’ on it), and pour some into the 30ml bottle I keep at room temp (for frequent mixing), I do return the remainder of the opened 120ml to the refrigerator. Primarily so I know not to accidentally crack open a different 120 the next time.

8 Likes

Hey all. I’ve been mixing for a little while here, and never really branched from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers nicotine. Was wondering if anyone else has used this and knows how good it is. I run strictly 100mg 100%PG base. I’ve had a few juices that just end up way too harsh, or have really muted flavors, even though my quantities are right on target. Dont know if I should start looking into another brand, or maybe just got a bad batch. Nothing I’ve mixed up has really blown my mind so far though.

3 Likes

Muted might be vapers tongue, but I’d wait for someone who’s advanced in knowledge of Vaping which I can’t come close to claiming

3 Likes

Great stuff. Good prices as well.

4 Likes

I have never had any issues with LNW and in fact always recommend them.

I use their 100%vg, have used 100% pg as well as their nic salts for other people’s mixes… and no issues. I would share a recipe of what you say is muted, so some examples, so others can help you out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the first time I hear someone mention muting and nicotine in the same sentence… I’d look for it somewhere else. Harshness could be nic but we’d need more info.
Posting example recipes can always help. A clear picture of what your nic looks like (in daylight) too.

5 Likes

There are a few things about nicotine that I know of, you could try

1. Vaping vg and nicotine without any flavours. Is it still harsh?
  2. Vaping 50/50 vg and pg to determined if you developed sensitivity to pg
    I never heard nicotine muting flavours, though. Maybe someone else could chime in.
2 Likes

I use them. I am so far VERY impressed with what I have gotten from them. I have never had any problem at all with the products they sell. I seriously don’t understand why they aren’t one of the names I see everywhere. I did have problems with flavors seeming wierd, figured out it was the cotton I was wicking with.

4 Likes

I really love LNW and haven’t had any problems with it and that’s using 100% VG 100mg. I’d probably look more to flavors muting than nicotine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can’t rule out the actual ingredients of a mix when troubleshooting.
Perhaps, as @anon28032772 suggested, you could share an example of a recipe that you made here.

2 Likes

@VapeWright125

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/liquid-nicotine-wholesalers-anybody-use-them/

5 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes