List your favorite useful accessories!

Wotofo rolls have them on them. I don’t know if it’s just the ones they use or if its because it’s claptoned wire, but they suck. I mean it should be convenient but I just probably dont know how to use the tamer. The wire don’t come out easily and when I twist, it unravels underneath.

3 Likes

I have some thin elastic ones from UD and the same thing happens - the beadalon ones I have are wider and stronger elastic and have a little tag on the opposite side from the opening that you hang onto and then just pull the wire they work ok for me.

6 Likes

I can definitely add this to my list.
I had about 30 pieces of fused clapton wire ready to be twisted and this thing does it in no time :star_struck: Love it!
http://en.3dvape.ru/product/twister-v3

5 Likes

@anon28032772 OK, now you have me curious. I see that it’s a powered coiler, but if you’re only doing a few wraps, what’s the magic ??

2 Likes

If you’re making regular round wire coils, 2 at a time, this is not for you :wink:
Every so often, I spend an hour (or 2) making coils and end up with meters of wire. Fused claptons or other wide wires don’t work as well on a regular coil jig from e.g. coilmaster.

I’ve got the v3, but the principle is the same. Try doing 10 or 20 coils and you know its worth :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I don’t know how I didn’t think of that. Thanks very much for that mate.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I always have a pliers, or nylon pliers under my coil master jig. I’ve gotten used to wrapping my coils that way. That product in the video has me interested. I’m curious how it’ll do especially with ribbon stack wires. I’m guessing it’ll wrap everything fine as long as you hold the wire with pulling tension away from the jig.

I notice that the guy in the video is wrapping opposite of what most people do. Shouldn’t be a problem tho since it has clamps on both sides.

5 Likes

Those 3DVape products are some of the best tools/gadgets I’ve used. Made building a lot easier for me for sure.

3 Likes

I use painters tape. I just fold the end of my wire over the edge of the spool, and tape it. I tried to get into spool tamers but they ended up just getting in my way.

5 Likes

I just tried to check out with 13 items but I didn’t see how to pay. I got an email of what I ordered but was never directed to a payment option or linked to PayPal. Do you know what I’m supposed to do next?

3 Likes

You should be receiving another email with the payment link later or tomorrow. The email will be from Anna. Check your spam just in case.

4 Likes

Thanks, that would work as well, however I did source a bunch of Beadalons, which have worked fine for the past few years.

3 Likes

Just found that 3dvape site and they even feature a video from our own @Dan_the_Man with their spacer tool.

6 Likes

BTW I make it look harder than it actually is. It’s already difficult to work with those smaller gauge wires. Add a magnifying glass and a camera and it becomes that much harder.

6 Likes

Young Dan !!!

4 Likes

@INOIROC mentioned a hand drill and vise in another thread. This hand drill with speed control is what I use for making decores super fast for my aliens. Basically making claptons. This drill does not have a reverse setting but works very well as long as you keep steady control with your spool. This has saved me a lot of time making decores. And not having to use my cordless drill, battery life is saved for completing the aliens.The swivel jig from Voorhies is low and even with the vise/drill.

4 Likes

I’ve found a much easier way to get perfect spacing courtesy of Nick Dumas “The Voltrove King” lol. I have a love for staggered coils just like him but he has probably 4 to 5 years experience on me. He seems to like really big stags and I like making smaller (harder) stuff. I had to order specific spring clamps but by golly, it actually works really well. I’ll find the video and link the clamps later when I have a bit more time.

There’s only one problem I’ve encountered. The clamps have a little weight. I’ve gone as far as 31ga for cores but anything thinner gets a bit tricky. Thinner wires sag, or stretch trying to hold the clamps weight. The wire just snaps sometimes on me. For thinner gauges, I’ll just use my trusty button method.

4 Likes

The bin is my most used bit ok kit

3 Likes

Here’s the vid.

The clamps are in the description. I ordered mine from eBay instead of Amazon but they’re the same brand. If you try it with any old clamps you have lying around, you might not have consistent success. The variety pack of colored clamps have unique pads, and are fairly light in weight.

It took me a few attempts to get it dialed in but now I get awesome results. Consistent spacing is the key to everything when it comes to o stags. Those clamps make everything quick and easy.

4 Likes