Looking for a good RDA

Not sure which post you’re responding to there, but a LOT of what was said was opinion about the details of specific RDAs. There’s NO reason anyone should expect someone looking to buy their first RBA to read and follow most of that. @Bearkat only wanted to know “a good RDA that would be easy to build on” but a few of us got off on a tangent about what’s the best of the best of the best, but don’t let that put you off.

On the other hand, if you haven’t read anything or seen any videos about building coils or wicking, that would be a fine place to start. :slight_smile:

you could read a text and photos guide or watch a video for some of the basic stuff

edit: switched the video for one that used a cotton wick, since silica is dead to me, DEAD TO ME

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses everyone. And for the links @zigz. I am likely buying a Tsunami today and maybe a Griffin too based on all the great opinions on it. I have a lot to learn on building coils. I had also planned on getting a Coil Master kit but thanks for the mention @therabidweasel.

Now on to learning about the different wires, coils styles, wicking materials, etc, etc.

Make sure you get the new version of the coil master jig, it has longer mandrels and much easier to use.

Mutation has a new dripper that looks nice;

http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-Mutation-X-V4S-Two-Post-RDA-p/psmxvs.htm

I was also looking at that new Mutation X v4s with the two posts.

See, now you will have 2 bwaaahahaha (rubs hands together)…

2 Likes

Definitely get the griffin. I went for it last weekend and I’m in love, havent had a dry hit or muted flavors at all. the thing is a damn beast. loving it. I cant be bothered to drip so I cant help you there. get a griffin… that is all

longer mandrills?

just kidding :stuck_out_tongue:

Stop monkeying around…:wink:

1 Like

I ordered the new Mutation from vapordna, and like an hour later got an email ad (link below), could have saved three fitty…but it does have the project sub ohm logo - that’s worth at least 3.50 right? lol The posts are kind of close together, but with the size of the holes should be ok.

http://www.vaperoyalty.com/indulgence-mutation-x-v4s-rda-black/

Not sure if you are a native English speaker, but you’ve missed most of my points including my explicit agreement with your statement on authentics vs clones? Since I’ve done a little bit of finite-element modelling on the fluid flow in RDAs I thought i’d keep the technical bit simple. Maybe reread it, I can’t go any simpler.

I already answered the question on the wire gauge above. I know your comment was meant to go with the rest of the smart-ass reply (which is generally not done on this site BTW), but my comments were for yours and others edification and not meant to become a pissing match. I like the RDA I have my reasons which I outlined. Im sorry if my opinion being different from yours in a couple of respects is hard for you to bear emotionally.

I see you found the velocity deck one and posted a link, which is what I came to do as I just saw it when I bought the older design. That said, it’s much larger inside, which was and is my complaint against velocity decks.

Bearkat, building RDAs is the first step, no worries. They’re generally easier than tanks. Just know the coils are easier to get right than the wicking. That’s why I walked back endorsing the Hannya for ease of build, because it is tougher to wick than most RDAs. One tool you must have is a resistance meter. You can definitely get into trouble if you don’t pay attention there. Much more important than a coil jig starting out.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Ah, I see. Here we couch our insults and braggadocio in flowery prose and innuendo. Yank that which binds you out of your undergarment, and stiff upper lip old man.

As most mods now have the ability to read resistance, having a meter is now more of a convenience than a necessity. I personally use the Coilmaster 521, which I prefer and recommend over the Geekvape 521.

I am with TRW on this one. I have owned a number of RDA’s. I have given away more than I currently have. Most of the ones I have owned have been the Velocity deck. But I have found my favorite of all that I have tried to be a Uni-Post deck design. The Alliance V2 is one bad mammer jammer. How’s that english for ya’ll :wink:

Variety is the spice of life, and I still have a couple of 4 post drippers. The ones that had been collecting dust were given away or sold. Have Marquis and Origen clones that are fun to build once in awhile. Nothing more boring than a bunch of stuff that’s all the same.

1 Like

I agree with everyone! I have a love/hate with the velocity deck.I love it because of the easy build deck but I can’t seem to get the great flavor of some of the others and I agree that it is because of the huge volume in the design.
I think the Velocity would be good for anyone though that wants to try an RDA ,it is hard not to get a decent vape from it and it is cheap.After you decide if you like the RDA experience you will know what you like or dislike and move on if needed.

1 Like

Even though your RDA is way above my pain threshold I picked one up because I respect your palate.

@Johan, I’m not sure what your deal is bro. My language isn’t flowery because I’m just a redneck; but I am a pretty technical person that holds opinions largely based on mathematics. For that I don’t apologize. I don’t give half a flying fuck what you think of those opinions or the manner in which they are expressed. Drink or dont, you’ve been lead to water. Welcome to the ignore feature of the forum.

@Bearkat if you follow Johan’s advice on using your mod as a resistance meter, be sure you lock the fire button while building.

1 Like

Wow, what a hypocrite. Give me crap about the tenor of my post and them come up with that. I guess it’s ok if you do it. And I don’t recall asking to be led to water, especially when it’s polluted with your narrow minded view. I’m sure that I have even less regard for your opinions than you have for mine. And i’m just crushed that you would put me on your ignore list :cry: which is probably quite extensive.

I never advised anyone to build on their mod, it can be used to check resistance if you don’t have an ohm meter. I will add that when you get a meter, avoid the cheap $10 versions as their accuracy and longevity is poor.

edit - see you went back and changed your post. Not surprised…

You bought one?

One thing that I like about the Alliance more than anything is it’s made right here in the good old USA. Right over in Illinois.

It comes with a heat diffuser for mounting under the deck. The diffuser has it’s own adjustable pin. Make sure you get it set if you use it. If you run a hot build it really help get the heat out of the deck. Another cool feature is you can set it up with a tall or short chimney. The kit that comes with it has a ridiculous number of parts and build options. And the air-flow goes form no restriction to completely closed off. I hope you like it as much as I do. My box of parts is put up, but if I remember right I think it even has the option to run single coil. But don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

Yup, followed your link above and bought one. When I have confirmed that someone has a palate that I can extrapolate to mine I take their word seriously. I’ve only had the exact same, steep, exact raw ingredients, etc. . .juice as a few folks on here. That helps in knowing what I’ll get.

Thank you for the beta. I’m bookmarking this. I got the orange one. Thought it’d look sexy on the black Efusion.

PM coming too.

1 Like

I just want to reply or comment on this soooo badly, but think I’ll just pull out the buttered flavored popcorn juice and see if I can unload some of it here instead…
As an aside, that might be a good flavor for Real Flavors to come up with, “Buttered Popcorn”… hmmm…

2 Likes

Hell yeah, i want an orange tugboat and that RDA too!