Looking for a specific vanilla

Anyone know what flavoring is the vanilla tootsie roll flavor note? I remember back in the day there was one that was spot on but cant remember what it was. This is my fav kind of vanilla.

11 Likes

Wow, I’ve never seen those…

8 Likes

Same- and they’re made right down the street from the house!!

So what DO they taste like @STR8V8PING?!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Its the best tasting addicting vanilla on earth. They been around forever

6 Likes

Its hard to explain the type of vanilla .its very unique .like a candy vanilla thats very sharp and powerfull like almost a dark and light vanilla at the same timebut fully artificial . Maybe closer to like a marshmallow vanilla if you darkened it and candied it up by 100x. If you never tried them youve been missing out .go buy some. No vanilla flavorings i know come even close except one i tried years ago but dont remember what it was. It may have been like a old dakang flavoring. I need to have this flavor

7 Likes

Like SD said, I’ve never seen them, but they will be on the list of things to buy- and investigate!

5 Likes

You guys have never seen these? My diabetes aches for you, these candies are wonderful and they make them in a few different flavors. My faves were Vanilla and Lemon, soooo gud!

Is it @muth that is a vanilla nut? If so she might be able to help.

6 Likes

:thinking: never eaten the vanilla ones, but I’m thinking the OG TPA Vanilla Bourbon or Madagascar Vanilla with maybe a touch of white chocolate to fill out the mouthfeel. Though I’m willing to bet a combo of MF Dark vanilla and MF Vanilla would get you really close.

7 Likes

Its almost the same flavor as these if you had them

Its a vanilla taffy flavor

7 Likes

Vanilla saltwater taffy is close too

7 Likes

I was thinking more like mm van , with vanilla bean and maybe nougat . That may come close

8 Likes

Once upon a time I got really close to a peppermint taffy. I wanted to try adding FW Salt water taffy. Marshmallow vanilla would definitely work. Either FLV OR OOO.

7 Likes

Matter of fact I did use MM Vanilla with INW Nougat and Vanilla Classic for a Jelly Nougat. It turned out really good.

9 Likes

How is fa nougat . I think thats the only nougat i have. I have cap snick snack but that is a chocolate nougat. I may have wf nougat too , i gotta check

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve literally NEVER seen them, ever. Maybe they’re not big on the East Coast ?? Not sure. I’m going to look for them, I can tell you that.

3 Likes

Not big in the Midwest either and their made here. Don’t remember seeing them on anybody’s shelf.
The M&M Mars plant is here too. Used to get free bags of Snickers when ever I go in and service them.

4 Likes

I live in queens ny and have always seen them in stores since i was a kid. Not as much as the regular chocolate tootsies but they are around. They have other flavors too that are harder to find then the vanilla and choco

3 Likes

I think the last time i got them was in like cvs or walgreens. Amazon always has them too. Also the bulk candy places always have them that sell by the lb. I think i like the turkish taffy even more. I always used to get a bunch at 5 below and freeze them

3 Likes

I wonder of it’s a NYC thing … ??

3 Likes