Looking for a specific vanilla

I just tried that fw madigascar off a shake. Its a pretty good tsting vanilla but im not sure its hitting that right mark. Its a real coil gunker too with just a few drips. My bottle is prob a decade old though and its almost black in color

Some that im testing

5 Likes

Iā€™m thinking those candies have been around FAR before vaping became a thingā€¦ Does anyone know which flavor concentrate companies were around back then?!

@SessionDrummer @Ken_O_Where @Rocky02852 @fidalgo_vapes

4 Likes

You just going to come close. There just too many vanillas. Here are a sampling of the ones I have and I donā€™t have them all

5 Likes

I have around that many too. I dont think the key is just a vanilla. You need the right taffy nougat to pair with the right vanilla. I need to get some taffys to try. I have fa nougat and its not even in the ballpark.

Ooo mm van has a note in that comes somewhat close but the dry mm note kills any chance

5 Likes

MM usual does the opposite. Wonder Flavors has a decent one but itā€™s got to be pushed for a SC flavor and the actual direction (taffy or MM) you get the vanilla from.

5 Likes

Usually when i make my testers i always push them then drip and dilute by dripping some base with it if i think i need to go lower then ill dilute the tester bottle down

6 Likes

Do you use the ELR recipe calculator? If so, a link would be appreciated so I can easily adapt if I find one Iā€™d like to make.

4 Likes

I like the Van Tootie rolls too, half the problem is its blended with taffy so its hard to pinpoint if its a specific type Van or just a straight van mixed with taffy.Maybe try WF van thick which i believe is a light french van but it has a lot of Body.But for straight van i like WF van cream . Tho SSA van ice cream is my fav overall vanilla.Good luck but a tough and good question :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Its the damn Taffy thats hard to emulate.You may need a straight unflavored taffy base (which is hard to find as i tried to make the reg cocoa tootsie roll) but maybe with Van ooo van marshmallow and WF cotton candy jelly bean which adds a nice candy element (.75%) but the chewy taffy will be prove to be harder to crack than the van.Like WF gummy dont really taste like gummy and more of a texture thing than a flavor thing as some things dont always translate to vapor but dont let that discourage you.If nougat didnt have that lemony, nuts etc and was just straight white taffy would be a close start but itā€™s the wrong flav profile.Good luck and a good challenge

7 Likes

Yea its def the taffy part im missing. I have had a flavoring many years ago that tasted spot on to a van tootsie roll though so it can be acheived . That was like 2009 -2010 though and i dont know if that flavoring still exists.

4 Likes

Does anyone have any old school dakang vanilla flavoring. I really could have sworn it was just some basic china flavoring that said vanilla. The earliest ecig devices had the flavor too. I remember it was just 3 flavors you could get. Vanilla cappachino and cherry. All 3 i remember being suprisingly good

5 Likes

Man, I have not thought about Dekang in forever @STR8V8PING ā€¦

4 Likes

Dekang had some bangers and them some really bad ones also

4 Likes

Hey @STR8V8PING i went ahead and bought those vanilla tootsieā€™s on Amazon. I tried a couple and :drooling_face: they are pretty good. I tossed together a quick idea with what I have available. This is close to what I was getting from the vanilla tootsieā€™s not so much a dark vanilla itā€™s more of a malted vanilla bordering on a white chocolate, hence the use of VTA Love it is a malted white chocolate that gives the vanilla a slightly darker feel. You could also use FA Madagascar Vanilla Classic in place of the VTA vanilla Classic. The nougat and vanilla marshmallow give this a chewy mouthfeel. No WF and FA nougat wouldnā€™t work as they have some light nutty undertones.

Vanilla Tootsie

9 Likes

Interesting. I dont have nougat, love or vanilla classic. I tried to pick up love twice but both times i ordered it was out of stock.

I have tried ooo marshmallow vanilla and madigacar . The mm has a right note but the dry mm part kinda killed it as bring a tootsie.

4 Likes

Im pretty close to getting it done with

-vanilla tootsie roll-
Wf wht choco
Fa madigacar van
Fe sweet rice
Vanillin

Still needs a little work but the sweet rice kinda brought it all together and somehow adds the right note. This is still a crude recipe just dripping testers together so i dont know any percentages yet and i still feel like the vanilla needs a boost in sweetness but the overall note is pretty close

7 Likes

Thatā€™s an interesting choice.

4 Likes

Wow i think i fkn nailed it. I havent tried it after steeping but just off the shake i think its the best vanilla i ever vaped. Its def a vanilla taffy taste and unique to anything else out there. If its packed with this much flavor off a shake i can only imagine after a week steep.

I dont know if people can understand this but if you had vanilla taffy or even the tootsie rolls theres almost 2 notes. You git that deep vanilla candy note but also at the edge of that spectrum is like a bright almost fruity but not note, maybe like acidic hint. Sort of like a merange. I think i nailed both those notes in this and thats whats giving that instany taffy texture perception. Im still gonna work on it more and see how far i can take it but its awesome so far.

What i think i wanna try next with this is making it darker vanilla. Im thinking of trying a hint of the right caramel or dulce with it. Possible a bourbon might work. Just something to darken it up but not change it much

Vanilla Tootsie Roll / Vanilla Taffy Base : Check cookies

1.00% Marshmallow (Vanilla) (OOO)
2.00% Simply Vanilla (CAP)
0.88% Super Sweet (CAP)
0.50% Sweet Rice (FE)
0.40% Vanillin 10% (PG) (TPA)

Flavor total: 4.78%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

I have this same recipe except swapped simply with madigacar fa. They both taste almost identical off the shake so i am waiting to see which one is better after a steep

10 Likes

Iā€™m happy for you, good going on all your testing and not giving up. I feel a little guilty sitting here watching you do all the work and now I get to try it, lol. I used to eat these taffy candies all the time when I was a kid. Loved the vanilla.

7 Likes

X2 @muth. Now if I only had the Rice and MM OOOā€¦ #fml

5 Likes