Looking for Marl bo ro

Here is what PM USA discloses regarding ingredients in Marlboro cigarettes:

• Water
• Sugars (Sucrose and/or Invert Sugar and/or High Fructose Corn Syrup)
• Propylene Glycol
• Glycerol
• Licorice Extract
• Diammonium Phosphate
• Ammonium Hydroxide
• Cocoa and Cocoa Products
• Carob Bean and Extract
• Natural and Artificial Flavors

Here is what PM USA discloses regarding ingredients in Player’s (similar to Craven ‘A’) cigarettes:

• Water
• Sugars (Sucrose and/or Invert Sugar and/or High Fructose Corn Syrup)
• Propylene Glycol
• Glycerol
• Licorice Extract
• Diammonium Phosphate
• Ammonium Hydroxide
• Cocoa and Cocoa Products
• Carob Bean and Extract
• Natural and Artificial Flavors

Source: http://www.altria.com/About-Altria/our-companies/philipmorrisusa/our-products-and-ingredients/Pages/default.aspx

The disclosed ingredients are identical - yet Player’s and Craven ‘A’ seem to me miles away from Marlboro.

Looks (somewhat) different for RJR Lucky Strike (dropping Carob, and adding Molasses, Cellulose Fiber):

• Water
  • Glycerol
  • Brown Sugar
  • Propylene Glycol
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Cellulose Fiber
  • Cocoa
  • Licorice
  • Diammonium Phosphate
  • Ammonium Hydroxide
  • Natural & Artificial Flavors
3 Likes

Upon waking, do you find it desirable to vape “zero-nic” juice ? Is that psychotropic ? Nicotine is the sole reason that I vape. Vaping just represents the method of Nicotine administration that became necessary.

How much does presence/absence of Nic impact “flavor experience” of your synthetic “tobacco” brews ?

2 Likes

No. I found a few “wake up” mixes I created, and every single one, is zero nic. I can do zero nic all day, not a big issue. I use nicotine when I am busy and need to slow down, or I am so stressed out, I need it. Doesn’t happen often. I still do not get a “nic buzz” I am not looking for it either. I can feel a difference between my zero nic and nicotine… it just is not that important. I did not get “here” for a very long time, Raven… when I started vaping, I had a 18mg nic… and it was not enough. Went to 24mg and wow what a difference.My goal was to get off the nicotine. You also need to remember, I have been vaping at the start, 2004 off and on… and then in 2011 I came back to vaping… a few years as a dual… for the last while tho… eh around the time I switched to ultras, 2015… I dropped the cigs… I think while I was a dual… it still was for the taste. btw… I love Al capone’s cigars cognac :wink:

Years of testing different nics from different labs, including nic salts, I feel have messed up my blood pressure, to the point I have seriously got to watch how high in nic I go. I turn down a lot of jobs testing nic salts now days. I feel a hella lot better since then… eh 6mo ago… I really do not miss it.

Not much, at least to me. Those that have tried my tobaccos either zero nic or otherwise have agreed with me. So I can honestly say it is the flavors and not the nicotine.

Did you know it takes 3 days for nic to leave your system, however the cravings take time to get over? Even when you think you could be over, certain smells or tastes will bring you back to a craving situation.

3 Likes

Good to hear that you are feeling better with little or no Nicotine. Yes, it is a “confounder” with regards to CV physiology (specifically a risk factor for folks who have particular CV conditions). In 48 years of smoking, a couple stabs at quitting failed miserably decades ago. Unexpectedly, a bout with serious, scary “pneumonia” around 1.5 yrs ago caused me to be able to quit cold (for fear of literally suffocating). The situation itself was so prominent in my experience and profound in degree for a couple of months time recovering that it was (amazingly, to and for me) not a psychological problem at all to simply not smoke ! After a couple of months, only then did I find myself wanting Nicotine. Ironically (from papers that I have read), it takes around that amount of time (~2 months) for the Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors tagged by Nicotine to re-stabilize (and very uniquely where it comes to alkaloids, down-regulate in receptor numbers from the excess numbers that Nicotine use induces). Delta FosB levels do take a long time to decrease. Around 8 months later, I inhaled a small handful of puffs of the Va and the Va/Per/Cav that I was doing NET extractions on. It was essentially awful. Instant headache. Felt like crap. My lungs punished me for several days. Lesson learned. NETs it is.

2 Likes

net tobacco extractions are not your only options… but it is what you choice that works, works… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m working with rather limited monetary resources (for shopping-around to sample). As you may recall, what brought me to this forum (in Dec 2018) was the “Classic Tobacco” juice in my Vapage VMOD CTS (refilled) that irritated my lungs (unless diluted by a factor of ~5 in the mix). The NETs took some getting used to - but they are worth the effort (to me), and (possibly) not as much of a “dice roller” as various synthetic flavoring ingredients (may, perhaps) be. The safest approach is low power. I cruise at 5-6 Watts and low coil temps, compensating with higher base-Nicotine levels. The difference (in tolerability, and wick residues) is notable. Nice to support Pipe Tobacconists, and I have nearly a Liter of my custom designed “Triton” (Va/Per/Cav)

Source: https://images.theconversation.com/files/249825/original/file-20181210-76962-oivjpp.jpg

… filling my RTA for an ADV, and some Orion’s Arrow and Turkish (sans Latakia) in my RDA in the evening.

1 Like

I don’t remember. I am sorry, Raven… I enjoy listening to what brought us all to vape and why… but I talk with a lot of people daily on vaping and various topics around it. :slight_smile:

that might be the case… for you.

I happen to know the “synthetics” as you call it… have been tested, at least I know what my lab has done and has plans on doing… and they are much safer than nets. With nets, you do have the possibility for contamination, particles and a lot more. Lab created flavors, not nets… are refined safely, tested with every batch.

I do not want/wish to argue on this. I can only lay out what I do know. I was shown the difference. I believe in what I mix with.

Not sure where you can deem that, as well as what wicks you use. The quality of flavorings vs nets, is dependent on what goes into those flavors… Just like tobaccos, flavors can have what’s called fillers, ie: EM, sugars, and other compounds that (for kitchen and sub flavors) that weaken ultra flavors, to extend use… ie: turns your wick brown, black, yellow or even red. It is also what kind of wicking you are using: cotton, synthetic, even hemp wicks.

There is a ton of variables, Raven… I do not have the room on this forum, nor the time to create an essay of everything I know, experienced… I know you have tried to get me to talk on this before, and I just dont have the time to draw a nice pretty picture that coincide with your thought process on nets. I stay far away from nets and have for the last 5 yrs. I have managed only thru my work, to turn my nets from tobaccos into flavoring. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, after watching an autopsy where there was chunks of particles clumped together in lungs, from a 60yr old man that used net tobaccos. It happens.

I have a busy day today but will try to keep up by my handy dandy tablet… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed … :smiley:

I just talk about things that I do. I’ll leave the high falutin’ variables and vaporous masteries for others wiser.

1 Like

I wish I could @anon84779643 I’m sadly stuck firmly in the 18mg MTL, and 3mg DL camp. I’ve tried weaning off, but all I did was vape twice a much !!!

3 Likes

It just takes time patience, and eliminating stress. That was the ticket for me, Sd… :slight_smile:
I can’t say that will work for you, but there isnt much difference between a 3mg and zero…

What I would try next is just lowering it all by .5mg at a time… and give it a few weeks. You might be surprised :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dear Lord what a “typo”! LMFAO

18mg in DL… I couldn’t even handle 8mg. :laughing:

3 Likes

I have gone as high as 60mg @Sprkslfly

2 Likes

Clearly he transposed the figures…and meant 18mg in mouth to lung (which I can easily understand).

@SessionDrummer?

1 Like

Hehehe, shit … These 14 hour days are killing me @Sprkslfly

2 Likes

Hehe, I hear you @anon84779643. NOW, is it POSSIBLE that it is psychological ?? Sure, I mean, if I KNOW I’m on my LAST tank of 3mg, and will then be FOREVER on 2.5mg, it’s all in my head, right ??

Maybe I’ll try again. I admit, I think I jumped to 2mg, and it was deep vape city, so I just said screw it, and went back to 3mg. Maybe I could mix up some 60ml bottles, give them to my wife, and tell her NOT to tell me which is which, hehe.

3 Likes

I can’t tell any difference between the 6 and 3 so far it’s only been a week, but I hope going down to 1.5 works as well.

3 Likes

Do it… just to see if you notice anything…
try it with the same recipe… then try it with a new one…
see if you can pick out which ones are lower :wink:

Cuz it is… all in your head!! :smiley:

Stepping down from a 6 to a 4 isn’t hard at all… I do know when I was at 18 and went to 12… I was licking my drip tip and vaping every 5 min… couldn’t understand way back then… so I went back to 18 and kept dropping it by 2… :wink:

5 Likes

I’m a chain vaper anyway because I vape just like I smoked… all the time. Yeah I’ll make a bottle of 1.5 and see if something happens lol

2 Likes

I’ve been vaping 18mg for over 9 years now. Not even thinking of lowering it.

2 Likes

I wasn’t thinking about it until all these ban crazy things came up. Now I’d like to completely get off nicotine and just make flavors if possible.

3 Likes