Looking for Marl bo ro

I’ve recently been asked to do a Marlboro menthol profile and to make it more difficult to use only/mainly FA (it would have been easier with FLV/INW DNB ) I’ll start the quest again (I did it years ago) following @Raven-Knightly list and see what comes up, I’ll start on a straight red and add menthol afterwards…
So far I’ve gone through 4 versions, but they either fade or are not quite there… 'll have to go “bolder” with the flavs… lost the perception on high percentages (I’m NOT thanking @anon84779643 for that!! :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Good luck with that @Iv3shf :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

3 Likes

Man @Iv3shf I wish I could help you out with this, and pay you back for that lil’ MTL you sent out. Sadly bacco vapes always give me indigestion for some reason, and I have them on my “naughty” list this Christmas. @Raven-Knightly and/or a few of our other Tobacco experts can DEF. help you out here.

4 Likes

I can’t help either @Iv3shf… It’s been so long I forgot half the stuff I used to tinker with… :cry:

4 Likes

Have you seen @Raven-Knightly around lately??
I think he just might be mia??? I hope not… I miss our chats again… :frowning:

3 Likes

Not sure Smoky. I hope all IS well.

I know that @Kinnikinnick, @Josephine_van_Rijn, were heavy into some .NETS …

5 Likes

• Water
• Sugars (Sucrose and/or Invert Sugar and/or High Fructose Corn Syrup)
• Propylene Glycol
• Glycerol
• Licorice Extract
• Diammonium Phosphate
• Ammonium Hydroxide
• Cocoa and Cocoa Products
• Carob Bean and Extract
• Natural and Artificial Flavors

Source: http://www.altria.com/About-Altria/our-companies/philipmorrisusa/our-products-and-ingredients/Documents/cigarettes/Marlboro%20Ingredients.pdf

Wonder how much Phillip Morris’ use of Ammonia in processing has to do with that Marlboro taste “bite” ?

Marlboro’s commercial success catalyzed efforts by the rest of the tobacco industry to discover its “secret,” eventually identified as ammonia technology, and how Philip Morris later exploited the myriad uses of ammonia (e.g., for flavoring and expanding tobacco volume) to defend itself against charges of manipulating the nicotine deliveries of its cigarettes.

I’m just a fellow who @Kinnikinnick kindly assisted in evaluating some interesting (mostly) Pipe Tobaccos, and developed my own “Triton’s NET” flavoring from three individual blends (a mix of Virginias, Perique, Cavendish, and just a touch of White Burley). My only experience with synthetic “tobacco” flavorings was Vapage “Classic Tobacco” - which may possibly have used some Acetyl Pyrazine - and irritated my lungs (congesting), unless diluted by a factor of ~5:1 in my e-juice. Marlboro cigarettes never appealed to me.

5 Likes

@Raven-Knightly… you are here… lurking mhmmm… Missed ya and hope all is well!! <3

3 Likes

Smoky, a couple of weeks ago I lost the ability to access the forum in a logged-in format (even though I was definitely logged-in to my ELR account). Conversed at length with Lars (bless his heart), but nothing we did fixed the strange issue. Around one week later (a week or so ago), things suddenly worked again [with no changes on my end, and (it appears), no change on the forum server end]. Stepping back made me realize that I’ve said most of what I know/think. Lurk a bit, but am personally more interested in technologies other than synthetic flavorings - as those are the things that I directly concern myself with the implementation of.

I have not yet expired from, “chunks of particles clumped together in lungs, from a 60yr old man that used net tobaccos.” Double filtering, eventually down to a 1.5 Micron acceptance-size, may indeed be helpful.

5 Likes

Perhaps… however I hope you know… you were missed. I was wondering. Happen to enjoy our conversations, Raven… so big hugs and happy what ever it was, you are I hope back again! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same here.

I wouldn’t suggest using marlboros for NET with all that crap added to it. :nauseated_face:
I’ve lost my appetite for Pipe tobacco NET and have been using cigars only.
It provides a liquid that is a lot cleaner than from Pipe, so not as much cleaning required, and the taste is awesome.
I have given up recreating tobacco’s I used to smoke a long time ago. Wipe the disk, start afresh and create something new has become my motto.
Otherwise you end up looking for the Holy Grail and I’ve lost my sword :person_fencing:

7 Likes

In my limited experience, it certainly seems like the tastes of pyrolysis/combustion of tobacco leaves (rarely not also involving some additives of various sorts and purposes) are not what one gets (vaping NETs). The smell aromas (from my atomizers) of NET brews happen to have a way of reminding me of the aroma of (unsmoked) Lucky Strike cigarettes - but the (NET) “taste” experience is something different than “smoking” - just a way for one’s chemo-receptors to better tolerate Nicotine, PG, and VG that is largely absent of what are highly characteristic tastes of various foodstuffs (which I know many folks do rather like, themselves) - while still reflecting (some) of the characteristic flavorings added to (pipe, more so than cigar ?) Tobacco.

Perhaps less of the Sugars often in Pipe Tobacco blends present to glop-up wicking materials when they “caramelize” upon heating to ~160 *C ? In such a case, no filtration of (such as my 1.5 Micron acceptance-size) would matter. The phenomena are a result of the reactions/decompositions of component molecules.

4 Likes

Pretty much… I can come close to cigarettes… mostly unlit… sometimes I score and hit all the numbers right and it’s ashy… but in reality… its your mind over tobacco and at the time, what you assume you crave… Its a lot better when one can drop those cravings and actually discover something new, and fall for it instead. Used as a crutch tho… even fake tobaccos can get someone over that “Hump” for the next line in progression… normally it is fruits. :smiley: so I totally agree with you @Josephine_van_Rijn :smiley:

Yeppers!! totally agree with this too @Raven-Knightly :stuck_out_tongue:

Possible… I can concede

and that is why I brought up those micro particles… it’s not tobaccos I am chasing now… it’s more of a combo of coffee and chocolate with a ton of nuts [for me]… I thought I went thru this 5 yrs ago… but apparently I am not done with any of it.

4 Likes

I keep trying to describe the flavor of the Dekang Marl bo ro that recently disappeared, to people trying to help me. I think it tastes like an actual unlit marlboro cigarette??? I’m not sure tho. I keep taking a hit off my vape with this Marl bo ro and this is the only way I can now describe it.

3 Likes

I gave my suggestions.
If you do not want to go buy the flavors in my recipe, I can create a shot. then my supplies for winsitin is gone till my next reup… You are going to have to meet someone half way even if it is not me. If you do not try something, how the heck will you know how close it is or isnt? :slight_smile: recreating flavors that are discontinued… is hard… but without effort… yeah… one gets no where at all.

You need to show what tobacco flavors you have… and hope to meet up with that magic person that knows what composition you have that you want… failing that… you need to be willing to work with someone that is willing to help you figure it out.

Discontinued flavors replication is hard, and there is a huge chance it will no longer be able to be created and you will just have to move on.

3 Likes

I’m making all the liquids from the help I’m getting in here. I have dozens of tobacco concentrates that I’ve bought and have been making all the recipes I’ve read from the suggestions this forum and so far none of them have given me a flavor that I can vape. I’m not giving up. I still have lots to learn and lots to make. I’m just saying in my last post what I’m finding in this journey to make a liquid I can enjoy and like.

3 Likes

so you made my winstin?? what is lacking or you feel needs to be added? :slight_smile:

and it might be a thing if you shared some of your efforts too… so we all can see how what when etc…
atm you have nothing showing at all. Make some recipes public… otherwise I will assume now you are big tobacco and out trying to get someone to clone a cigarette :wink:

3 Likes

Working on a whisky / Liquid amber layer to do that… Next it’ll be adding FA Flash to it.

Unfortunately as I said, can’t use NETs it’d have been even easier… have to stick to FAs or TPAs I’ll use nets that when I’ll make the POD version

The quest goes on… I’m on a V5 but still not there, the acidity fades…
Generally I think we’ll never replicate a true burnt tobacco/hit feeling (don’t want to work with salts…) still I think we could get close (Winston like…)
Lots of people with more money then we have, tried to replicate a Marlboro and didn’t succeed so it’s not really feasible, most (if not all) of us even forgot the taste of it, so can’t compare (nearly 6 years now… on this side) as @Josephine_van_Rijn said it’s a bit of a quest for the holy grail, too many options, not enough data, it’s subjective (different taste buds) and to make it worst, many of us now have an acquired taste of unlit tobacco.
What comforts me is, that’s a shitty burnt tobacco (With millions of dollars on research behind) and burning things always muddles up the fllavors, when it’ll be shitty enough I’ll know I got the right profile… :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile: could I be close?? Not really, it’s still too good and mellow…

5 Likes

TOC’S Cigarette this is what I’ve thought about mixing which may be crap LOL …

1.00% Burley (FA)
0.50% Cocoa (Cacao) (FA)
1.00% Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) (FA)
1.00% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
0.50% MTS Vape Wizard (FA)
1.00% Nut Mix (FA)
4.00% Soho (FA)
2.00% Virginia (FA)

Flavor total: 11%

5 Likes

FA has great tabacos, I heard amazing things about stixx mix. It’s a net so I am assuming it will be good. I am ordering so I will update asap!

3 Likes