Looking for PG free alternatives

I don’t know if I ever used flavors with alcohol to be honest. Not that I’d ever noticed it anyway. I just read that MF Silver line are alcohol based so I thought it might be a lot. It is meant for food though like the gold line which seems to be coconut oil based and not suitable for vaping anyway.

5 Likes

The MF Silver line is undiluted. You can get the same flavor effect from 3 or 4 drops in 30mls as you would with 0.6-1% in 30mls! Not enough alcohol to bother any sensitivity to it. MF original(Premium) is known for being effective at super low %, but the Silver is way more efficient.

7 Likes

“Our Silver Flavor Line, previously only available to manufacturers as our II flavors, is made using highly concentrated, all natural plant derived active constituents in an alcohol base.”

From your own link, i found the info about the alcohol on the German website I get my MF stuff from.

7 Likes

It’s the potency you should be excited about. 3 or 4 drops in 30ml for full flavor.

I use NF often, too. And they are undiluted extracts in an alcohol base as well. But they can go from a few drops to 3% in 30mls. I dont taste the alcohol in them. I think its an overblown issue. You dont need to let them breathe, just carry on as usual and you should be fine. Especially if you are using the flavor at 0.15-0.75% because they are super potent.

6 Likes

Î only have vanilla, caramel, white chocolate and butterscotch, all from the standard line which is PG based apparently and I thought they were without a carrier, too. The problem with MF is that it’s kinda expensive to just try and if it’s not what you wanted / needed it to be you have it sitting around. The vanilla is good but I can’t use it on its own. It’s the same with the white chocolate, very strong and not bad at all but not quite what I hoped for.

7 Likes

PG derived from VG…So the PG is made from Vegatable Glycerin …So PG is Petroleum based MF uses PG that is Vegatable Based. Ill bet your PG sensitivities are from the Petroleum

8 Likes

The INW Custard is my choice as a sub for CAP VCV1. At 3% it is very present and has a nice rich egginess to it. I find that FA Custard Premium and TPA VCII are more of a US custard/pudding flavour to my palette… Still nice, just not as eggy as a English style custard.

4 Likes

Dude, this is why I make your recipes. I don’t have issues with pg but I prefer not having a lot of it.

yes, I forgot about this. @Plunderdrum have you looked into VSO yet?

That is a good point. I have never tried PTA VC2 either.

I mix them and it is my very favorite custard in the world.

So many of the world’s problems can be laid at the feet of petroleum… I bet he is right.

I hope you figure this out my friend.

5 Likes

Help me understand this. If PG is derived from VG (my VG is always palm based) then it stands to reason that PG in general would be veg-based as well. Where does petroleum come into the picture? Maybe I haven’t read my PG labels closely enough.

5 Likes

I was just about to ask the same question!

4 Likes

Medicine Flowers PG is derived from Vegatable Not Petroleum …The PG we typically get made by DOW is Petroleum based…

6 Likes

@Bad_Influence @TorturedZen

https://www.energy.gov/technologytransitions/kicking-oil-habit-making-propylene-glycol-plants

Heres a little reading if you wish …Ill link better stuff

7 Likes

Thanx for that!. If you have any links to vendors that sell it, that would be cool also.

6 Likes

I believe Toms does…And MF will sell it as well…Ill call Alysia @MF and see what she says…

5 Likes

From what I can see Tom’s only sells body care products…toothpaste, deodorant etc.

6 Likes

Ok…Ill find out where to source

5 Likes

Is it known what kind of PG is used by the big names? Would be interesting what Capella and the others are using.

5 Likes

Petroleum Based…i would imagine Dow

5 Likes

Booooooo :laughing:

5 Likes

Is there a particular reason why there are barely any VG based flavorings around?
My mission has just changed. I’m not replacing PG completely, I just eliminate the bad PG :laughing:
I was totally unaware that the PG we all used by the gallon was petroleum based. Sounds worse than smoking all of a sudden :smiley:

5 Likes