Looking for PG free alternatives

We’ll need PG octane ratings soon.
I wonder if this makes petroleum products, tobacco products. Better keep an eye on the FDA.

dude-lebowski

8 Likes

I wasn’t aware either. But if you’re looking from a health perspective honestly I wouldn’t be overly concerned about it. Many of us have been mixing since 2014 or earlier and so far no adverse effects. Unless of course one has allergic reactions.

10 Likes

Right… today the order came in: FA fresh cream, FA custard premium, FA Meringue, FA NYCheesecake.
I’m starting with my original ADV, replaced 6% of CAP VCv1 with 3% FA Custard premium, replaced 4.5% CAP NY Cheescake with 2.5% FA NY Cheesecake. Added 1%cream fresh FA. Cut down Holy resurrection by half which brings the recipe down to 9% Flavor / 11% PG including the nic.
I hope I can stay as low as possible but realistically I’ll probably end up around 12-15%.
Are VG based flavors really so bad that nobody recommended even a single one?

3 Likes

Im not aware of any. If RF still had their VG line id recommend . I think your better off using extracts

3 Likes

What’s out there apart from MF? I don’t think I ever noticed one on any of my usual UK websites. They’re all PG based or alcohole based like the MF silver line.

4 Likes

Damn it…I keep forgetting ur in UK…

4 Likes

No idea how I missed this website, it now pops up first when you google for VG based flavourings:

I’ve ordered a few, let’s see how they are. Some of the reviews sound pretty good.

Oh and from my first attempt with the FA custard premium I can already say it looks like I’m going to retire CAP VCv1. One of the best VCs I’ve tried so far!

7 Likes

This was my first thought as well

7 Likes

Oh man! Just received a test order of those VG flavors and few one shots and today I checked the website and they have just closed the shop! KandiHed was their own brnd and will cease to exist, too. Excelllent timing :roll_eyes:
No point now even trying the stuff if it can’t be ordered anymore.

My 2nd test batch with FA flavors is ready, the Custard premium is really good even after only 3 days. Very happy so far, down to 9% PG and the skin irritations are much better. Got some 72mg VG nicotine now which saved me another 2%.

NYCC is FA, too, not KH.

11 Likes

Down to 6% PG now. Custard premium is awesome!

10 Likes

Latest version. Flavorah smooth vanilla will probably need a few days but if it doesn’t change it is the disappointment of the year. Out of the bottle it doesn’t really smell a lot like the typical vanillas, more like a sweet almond coconut mix. I’ve had to mix it again without the smooth vanilla, it totally ruined the mix. With 3 drops in a 45ml bottle it’s overpowering everything and that’s not in a good way. I’ll give that bottle a few weeks, hoping it will steep out but so far it’s really bad.

8 Likes

even at that low?

6 Likes

Yes, it totally ruined it at 0.1%. I hope it steeps out.

6 Likes

OK, after a few weeks I tried the version with the smooth vanilla again and it doesn’t suck anymore! I never had a flavour which behaved this way. The other flavours are coming through again and the funny almond taste is completely gone.

10 Likes

Thank you for this info regarding PG free FLV flavors.

7 Likes

So that Smooth Vanilla is more potent than Alpine Strawberry?
I didn’t think that was possible

8 Likes

I can’t compare the 2, I’ve never tried Alpine Strawberry. But the smooth vanilla is the strongest I’ve ever tried. Maybe some of the MF flavours but nothing from the standard manuactures like FA, TPA etc.

9 Likes

Interesting how all our tastes are different. Though I like FA Custard Premium, I don’t find it similar to CAP VCV1 at all. I like the egginess of the VCV1 and don’t seem to get that from the Premium.

I find the Premium to be more like a vanilla pudding or thin, US style custard whereas I prefer a more traditional English custard profile.

My absolute go to custard is INW Custard, followed by CAP VCV1 and then FA Custard Extra 1. All 3 have heavyish egg for my tastes and mix really well together.

6 Likes

I use INW Custard all the time at around half the amount of Premium you are using, may be worth considering if the taste suits you as then you will have even less PG in the mix. I usually use it at 1.5 to 2.0 percent.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, since there are barely any VG flavours around, stronger ones are probably the best way to go. You’re right about CAP VC v1, I’m just not using it right now because I really like it at 4% plus so that’s too much PG for my goal.
I’ll give that INW Custard and FA Custard extra a try. Any more recommendations for stronger flavors where a small percentage does the trick?

3 Likes