Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF Squonk Kit Review by SessionDrummer

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you already know that Lost Vape unleashed the “Quest” line at a lower price point, to allow even more people into the fold. Having had really good luck with all of my “Quests” I was interested to try out this “King of Squonk” just to see what, was what.

Lost Vape CENTAURUS QUEST 100W Squonk Kit Features:

• Quest Chipset
  • Dimensions - 86.2mm by 51.7mm by 30.2
  • Single High-Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-100W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0-8V
  • Resistance Range: 0 .1-3.0ohm
  • Power Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • TC Mode
  • Stainless Steel, Nickel, Titanium Wire Compatibility
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Intuitive Firing Button
  • 0.90" Color Display Screen
  • Two Adjustment Buttons
  • Single Mode Button
  • 9.5mL Squonk Bottle
  • Threaded Bottom Battery Bay
  • Threaded Bottom Squonk Access
  • Threaded 510 Connection
  • Type-C USB Port

Lost Vape CENTAURUS SOLO BF 24mm RDA Features:

• 24mm Diameter
  • Deep Juice Wells - 1.2mL
  • Stainless Steel Tank Construction
  • Dual Post Build Deck - 1 Terminal Per Post
  • Top Secured via Flathead Screws
  • Single Coil Configuration
  • Positive PEEK Insulation
  • Dual Slotted Airflow Control Ring
  • Threaded BF 510 Pin
  • 810 Widebore Drip Tip
  • Available in SS, Gunmetal, Black, Blue, Gold

Includes:

• 1 Centaurus Quest BF Box Mod
  • 1 Centaurus SOLO RDA
  • 1 9.5mL Liquid Bottle
  • 1 18650 Battery Adapter
  • 1 Spare Drip Tip
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • 2 User Manual
  • 1 Warranty Card

A quick peek at the low downs …

And the firing modes, JUST to wet your appetite …

For all the single batt haters out there, I can’t say much to convince you, but so far, it’s looking like Lost Vapes put some thought into this one. Let’s dive in.

Lost Vapes always packages everything up nice and neat.

With a few extras.

As is the case with most of their equipment, well thought out, and polished.

AND, you get a manual and warranty card lol.

When I ordered this I had originally wanted the Blue and SS but was on back order. Now that I’m seeing this color in person, not too shabby.

USB-C charging, and the 3 button system that we’ve all used for years is here, so no learning curve.

The 0.91" display was super sharp, bright, and the nav system was easy to master with no manual required.

The fire button was mounted in the traditional side location, and the squonk sled was very well thought out, and slid in and out with no issue. Lost Vape claimed a “leakproof” design, and I’ll test that TOO !!!

Moving onto the bottom, all of you twister cap haters rejoice, … there’s TWO !!! Actually both the battery and squonk filler twisters worked great, with no issue.

Nice venting on the bottom cap, AND polarity is clearly marked.

AND, just in case you’re drinking, they polarity-ized the top of the tube too.

Now, personally, I prefer a dual batt mod as that’s what I’m used to, and unless you don’t HAVE any 21’s, you can adapt them with the provided battery adapter cap. With only a single batt, it’s always a 21700 for me.

The squonk sled (tray and bottle) was quite big, and well thought out. @ 9.5ml you could really get your squonk on here folks. The sled slid in and out easily, with a nice almost click when it was landed. I have heard reports of the locking clips failing, so I will try and break it, and report back. So far, it’s been Squonk City.

The fairly large squonk bottle was squishy, and held in place pretty securely by the sled. Notice the small cap on the extra bottle. Carry a spare around for when you run out maybe ?? !!!

As mentioned, you’ve got another spinner to access the fill port.

PLEASE remember to remove the tip cap before jamming it into the unit !!

And speaking OF the tip, it was well thought out, o-ringed, and LV claimed a check valve-ish, leak-proof experience.

The receiver.

How small WAS the fill port ?

Well, I just wanted to try and blow it up, so I used a Cosmo bottle !!! It worked, BUT, for your sanity, use a tipped bottle.

With the squonker sled-ded back in place, it was time to check out the Solo.

As a nice surprise it came in a metal tin.

Two 810 drip tips, and some extras.

Who doesn’t love o-rings ?? I love having them just in case. Now the screws, ehhh, kinda soft, so having spares MIGHT not be a bad thing. Squonk pins as well.

I preferred the tip with the metal band wrap.

Now what I found ODD, was a squonk pin was NOT installed by default ?? !!! Umm, ok. Jammed my screwdriver in and it wouldn’t come out !!! Ahhh, I see. I just grabbed the first tip that would fit.

Non-squonk with the insulator (make sure to move TO your squonk pin before installing), and squonk pin.

The top cap looked great, and had an o-ring (as expected) to keep the chuffers in line.

Now while this isn’t exactly a groundbreakingly NEW airflow design, it WAS well implemented, and deserved a closer look. Dual slotted airflows on each side of the cap.

The mid-section which I call the sleeve, directed the incoming airflow through to mating ports on the deck.

Assembled for clarity of airflow.

With a 24mm deck, and super spacious 1.2ml juice wells, you could really go crazy with your coil and tails.

The posts would actually be THE limiting factor on how big and crazy you could go. I wasn’t a huge fan of the not so NOT soft screws in the posts. YES, it’s a single coiler !!!

For this review, I decided to toss in some dual core, SS claptons running (2X24)/38, and ran it typically between 65-80w. I hand wrapped the coil with 5 wraps, and VERY specifically loaded it to have ALL of the air hitting the lower side of the coil. #ChasingFlavor.

As expected, you could push damn near as much cotton in the deck as you’d like. Trimming, thinning ?? Hehe, NOPE.

Tucky tucky.

Let the saucing commence !!!

YES, you can juice the deck silly with those deep wells.

Time to get chuffin’.

Testing/Usage:

While I DID use SS wire so I could at least test out the TC (and it worked great), I spent most of my time in my tried and true wattage mode. The fit and finish was everything I’d grown used to with Lost Vape, and this kit was no exception. Very well machined, with a super tight fit and finish. Felt good in the hand, and the menu system was easy to use. The display was bright, well laid out, and showed you everything you needed to see without anything you didn’t. The kit looked classy with no flashy flashy, and worked perfectly without incident. Filling, squonking, and NOT leaking ALSO worked as advertised.

NOW, how was da flava ?? It was GREAT. I had heard some complaints about the Solo not delivering on the flavor front, but I found it rich and delicious. Air flow was pretty good, considering the two small slots, and at full bore was FAIRLY open, but still slightly restricted. No whistling or off-putting noise from the ports, and adjustments of the top cap were silly simple. I ran the deck fairly dry, and laid it on it’s side for QUITE a while, and NO leakage. #Winning. I’m sure you could pocket it, and pocket squonk your way into some spillage, but I had no issues. Battery life was pretty good on a single 21700, and it MIGHT last all day for light vapers. Everyone else, carry an extra battery. Despite having TWO twister screw tops (one for the battery and squonk tank), both worked easily, and with no hassle. The included drip tips worked, felt, and looked great.

Pros:
Spacious deck with deep juice wells
Classy Looks
Fit and Finish
Easy squonk removal/insertion
No leaking
Great flavor
Easy, accurate, functional menu system
Felt great in the hand
Spare squonk tank with tip cover

Cons:
Single Coil
Dodgy screws
Twister screw caps
Single Battery
Medium sized post holes will somewhat limit larger coils

Conclusion:

All in, for a single coil, single batt, 100w. squonker, this one worked really well, and did so with great flavor. The airflow was adequate, and removing/inserting the squonk tank was simple. I’ve heard rumblings that the clips that lock the squonk tank in can fail, and there may be a re-design under way. If mine fails, I’ll be sure to post back. As it stood, with no leaking, and great flavor, it was hard to find any faults. Minor nit picking listed in the cons would be about all I could think of. If you are in need of a great squonker, and can get past the single batt/coil, and/or twister caps, you MIGHT just be in for a flavorful ride.

Colors:

Linkage:

https://imgur.com/a/rbHPPFf

As always, thanks for taking the time to read ALL the way down here, it’s always appreciated, and hopefully this review may help better showcase this Lost Vape Kit.

Semper Fi, and get your Squonk On !!!

18 Likes

Great review! Thank you for all the effort!

7 Likes

You’re very welcome, and thanks @SteveTC.

7 Likes

Nice run-down @SessionDrummer, although I moved away from Squonkers awhile ago… that’s a nice looking setup :+1:

7 Likes

I hear you @Rocky02852, and thank you. But do we ever REALLY move away ??

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hehe, to answer your question, No :call_me_hand:
Let me re-phrase that, I stepped away…

8 Likes

Thanks for making me want to spend money…lol - your reviews and recommendations are always spot on bro! This one hits almost all the notes for me single coil squonk… not a twister fan but hey. One question, are the accents real leather or pleather?

6 Likes

Hehe, sorry @HVPGH, but thank you.

5 Likes

I only have the mod, not the rda and as far as that goes, you nailed it. It’s a great mod and never leaks. I did have an issue with the small twist cap on the squonk bottle. It’s just too small and added to my tendancy to drop things. I just remove the sled and twist off the top where the spout is and refill away. The options on the menu are great for customization and very easdy to learn. Havent even looked at the manual. The added sled/bottle combo for dripping/tank refills is a nice touch too.

8 Likes

Love a bit of the old squonk me do.

9 Likes

Don’t own one but the Chinese call vinyl leather. Even the Carbon fiber is replicated in vinyl.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot @Lostmarbles, and for the extra info. I have a tendency to sometimes let gravity get a hold of mine too.

5 Likes

Well @HVPGH it sure feels LIKE leather, but I assume it’s Pleather.

8 Likes

I can’t wait to hear what @robin thinks.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. Feels like, but not sure.

6 Likes

Kinda stealing from Geek Vape and proprietary bottles kinda suck, but the design of that one is nice.

2 Likes

Hehe, I hear you @anon44012888. Welcome back, and thanks for checking it out.

1 Like

Terrific (and thorough) review👍 Thnx!!

2 Likes

Thanks very much, and you’re welcome @Phroggy.

2 Likes

While I’m no fanboy of LV, to be fair I do have at least 4 leather mods of theirs that are real leather :+1:

3 Likes