Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF Squonk Kit Review by SessionDrummer

I have 6 Lost Vape mods. They span single and dule battery. Even their 250C and none are leather. I know the difference. I spent the last 20 years working with both leather and vinyl.

4 Likes

Honest questions. Mine will all;
Scratch and heal say from a fingernail
Darken over time
Get a liquid spot, darken and then dry over weeks.

If today’s vinyl can do all that, then I could be wrong.

4 Likes

Neither heal at least completely. Vinyl on the mod is three layers. 1) thin layer of highly plasticsiser bonded to a thin layer of cloth. The more plasticsiser added the softer plastic gets. The last layer is a layer of foam. It gives it that squishy feel. Much like the door panel on a car. The surface of vinyl has a clear coat applied to the plastic. The clear coating is a flat finish normally. Most likely that is what is getting scratched. The darkening is PG/VG and body oils. Over time that clear coat wears off and the plastic gets shiny.
Leather on the other hand comes from a hide. The hide is about 3/16" thick. After tanning it is split 5 to 7 times. Depending it’s purpose. It most likely will be painted and the clear coating applied much like the seats in a car. It is classified as a protected leather. Lower grade Leather will be brushed to cover defects. The brushed leather is classified as suede. Before I retired about 7 year’s ago a hide cost me wholesale $450-$600 depending on hide size. Chinese vinyl cost me about about $9.00 to $11.00 a yard. A yard of vinyl is 42" X 36" . A roll of vinyl is 42 yards. If I bought vinyl by the roll it was about 30% cheaper than $9-$11 cut price. Mods are made by the thousands. It’s all about price and profit.

7 Likes

Wasn’t aware of all this. Thanks for the under 1 min education.

6 Likes

Surprised I remembered. Grading is more complicated. European leather cost more. There’s hardly a blemish because they are free range ( no barbed fences). Mostly worked with vinyl. I could get into restaurants by 7AM and recover booths and had to be out before 10AM. My auto dealerships would open at 10:00 and didn’t want to see you before 11:00 so they could do their paperwork from the night before. Didn’t do much leather replacement because no one wanted to pay for it.,:joy:

7 Likes

Another wholehearted thank you for the education. I’ve seen those different layers on vinyl (pleather). :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks, I think? I immediately had to order the mod only. In the blue, of course. I’ve always been a sucker for Lostvape and this one just checked all my boxes. Pretty, large squonk tank and a single 21700 battery. It seems to be a definite improvement over the last Lostvape squonker I bought. Damn you! I thought I was done buying hardware. :yum:

5 Likes

Thank you, and sorry @Tracy8 .

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Both my lost vape Centaurus are now unusable as a squonker because the bottles won’t stop in the mod at all.

4 Likes

@Dippy1 what do you mean, did the clips break, and the squonk bottle wont stay snapped into the mod ?

Can you take a photo of the squonk bottle ?

4 Likes

On one bottle one of the clips has broken but on my other mod the clips are still there they just become to weak to hold the bottle in the mod, iv emailed lost vape 21 times about this issue but they never even bother to reply, I can tell you one thing I will never buy a lost vape product ever again not because of the issue with the device but because of lost vape not even bothering to answer my emails and I also know of quite a few other’s that have emailed them but no reply.

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/8Azw1AzGJx8

Skip towards the end of the review and my bottles do the exact same as in the review

4 Likes

Well that DOES look loose. I think I’m on fill 18 now, and still clicks in pretty tight. I wonder if they, or did re-design ? In my kit I received two squonk bottles, but no storage bottle. Not sure…

2 Likes

This is my bottle

2 Likes

This is what happens when just picking the mod up

3 Likes

That’s odd. I got 1 squonk and one storage which I believe is the package it’s supposed to come with. Weird.

2 Likes

Wow, I understand your anger…same reason I won’t buy wismec and smok mods. If they won’t respond to me, then I won’t ever need a reason to contact them again cuz i won’t have one of their mods.
I understand they may have gotten better in quality, but ya burn me once and I’m done.

6 Likes

Hi I’ve just looked at mine it seems fine at the mo but did notice that when first filled it up that the pipe inside was to long and was pushing down into the bottom screw hole so I cut a bit off. Now I’ve measured the clips and inside at 23 a bit(old man eyes) inside the bottle sleeve is 24mm, there’s not much holding it in.I’ve got a little bit over 2000 hits on mine don’t know how many times I’ve filled it

5 Likes

Also noticed the base of the cartridge flex’s when you squeeze the bottle out of the mod.BAD design.Im running 3.5 and 4 mm coils in the rda much better with the flavour and restricts the air flow to hit the coil

4 Likes

Right finally got the upgraded version of the quest bf mod and it’s taken since early January to sort one out and what a pice of rubbish it is, all lost vape have done from what I can see is make the spring loaded valve on top of the bottle a bit weaker and the replacement one iv got pisses juice out grrrr I’m so pissed off right now, I’m going to ask for a refund for both of these mods and sod lost vape altogether

3 Likes