Lotus flavor?

Cool, thanks for the further explanation, it does clarify it.

I wouldnt say I’m hating on them, I’m telling them to follow Cartier and Morton’s models and go ahead and offer a burger, maybe a steak salad, or simple piece of jewelry. I mean they could just sell a 10 drop bottle, but come on man, that just isn’t practical. You’ve got to give me that?

Thanks for mending the fence. I am a consumer of a lot of high end stuff, again, if you only knew and the McDonalds button was pushed. I have a $500 cigar sitting in one of my 7 humidors. . .it came in a five pack. I’m not saying I can afford what I do, but I still do it.

2 Likes

I definitely will give you that. Have a look at the Medicine Flower site. http://www.medicineflower.com
You won’t find a single word about vaping or DIY home juice. Meaning by default, we’re not their primary crowd. Can you give me that?

I’ll even take your word on that and give it to you. If you will give to me that the title of this thread is Lotus Flavor, which is sold on ECX. . .LOL, in smaller bottles at a lower price. Haha, good stuff.

Yup, That it is.

Wonder how much ECX paid to have an exclusive relationship with Medicine flower for that eh? TBH, I’d love to own a company that could strictly choose to serve the 1% crowd. No shortage of fools to separate from their money and with fewer customers come fewer headaches. Although they might be bigger headaches. :grinning:

1 Like

Dude, I think you may have just insulted a few folks on here, haha.

I’m very into coffee. I have been roasting it for about a decade and I have a couple of grinders that cost more than several of the cars I have owned added together. My work coffee grinder is better than what is found in George Howell’s coffee shop. Hell, my travel coffee ginder is probably better than anything in a Starbucks. I’ve always wanted to cater to the “me’s” when it comes to coffee. … but where I live, not far but far enough from a few billionaires (again I AM NOT wealthy, I am stupid) there is a dunkin donuts on every corner and they block my way to work lining up for that garbage. . .and that reminds me about reality.

My coffee shop would be serving one snob per hour $15 cups of coffee while people used my parking spaces to run into dunkin’ to buy half-gallons of brown water drizzled atop a sugar & cream mixture.

I’m going to get the flavors that appeal to me. I’m not really interested in all their flavors. Some flavors I just vape.

Although the prices are steep and the quality is tops, it also is offset by usage %. You will use a lot less flavoring across the board than their competitors.

I currently have stepping a 120 ml bottle of watermelon, BTW the best I’ve tasted with 1% total flavor. So for approximately $2 in flavors I get 120mls of the best Watermelon vape on the planet. That is very economical to me.

4 Likes

I work for a company that has a lot of 1%ers as consumers. I meet them daily. Not saying they’re all fools or even a majority fools. Just saying there’s no shortage. We could both live very comfortably off it. :grinning:

And watermelon is the one MF flavor I will probably get. Just because Pro Vapes makes it sound sooooo dog gone good.

I understand both sides of this and I see it for what it is, a luxury item.
You choose to buy this, not forced to, there’s way more economical ways out there.
Now what it is, or what they at least claim to be, are pure fruits, no additives. What I know from being in the food industry for decades, is, shits not cheap!
Raspberries for example, at a grocery store you could easily spend $4 a pint, depending on the time of the year. I don’t get that much of a break and still pay anywhere from $2-3 a pint.
If I wanted to make a simple raspberry sauce, it would take a lot of pints, to yield very little sauce.
Also take into account the fact that the majority of fruits are mainly water. Have you ever tried to dehydrate 1 raspberry?
Now I don’t know their exact process but I’m sure what they are doing and purchasing, isnt cheap.
I totally agree that $9 for 5ml is expensive, because it is! But they’re not trying to rob you and sell you flavor west style flavorings for a 800% mark up.

Like I said it’s a luxury item, in my opinion of course

5 Likes

You guys know that I write all this but I will end up ordering a few next time around, I’ll just still think it is stupid to sell it undiluted. . .I dunno, BB_MI maybe has a point that they aren’t catering to vaping. Maybe ECX or somewhere else will see that you can dilute it down to “normal” strength and sell it for even more money, it’ll just arrive in smaller increments. They certainly rake you over the coals to put TPA in crappy squeeze bottles. . .but doubling the price of something that costs $1 is just a smarter approach IM_O. (I dont think after the above I can get away with putting that “H” in there.) haha, good night y’all.

Adding, it’s not a question of value at all that I am posing, it is one of accessibility.I think everyone is in agreement that it is worth it if you like the flavor. I’m just saying a lot of folks will never know because they wont be spending $40 for a bottle of fig.

Got my five x 15ml flavours direct from Medicine Flower last night (Strawberry, Raspberry, Mango, Guava and Watermelon).Which came to $118.03 which converted to £80.53 in UK money. Each bottle worked out at approx £16.11 for me.

If the initial mixing figures people are saying are correct a 15ml undiluted bottle will yield 3 litres of finished liquid when mixed at 0.5%

If I mix one of the my usual regular stronger concentrates I buy at 3%, I would need 9 bottles to mix 3 litres and they cost around £3 a bottle in the UK

I think they are cost effective when you look at the quantity can make, The only problem is if you don’t like the finished flavour you have had to stump out 20 quid to find out if bought in the UK…

And on a personal note, I want a true all VG.or AG mix and these concentrates give me that ability, I would rather buy undiluted as I think when a few vendors start selling this they may decide to cut it at different ratios to suit there needs and profits, and it is going to get confusing if vendor A cuts it at 1:5 and vendor B cuts it at 1:10 and so on, It will make it very difficult to follow other peoples recommendations and even your own figures if you buy from 2 different places. iyswim

2 Likes

Mixing % will come down to flavor strength preference. During my initial research of these flavors it was reported to be .3 to .8% single flavor. I like a very flavorful vape so I mix mine at .8 to 1%. I did my initial tests at .5% and I heat steeped which was reported to damage the flavors, so I’m retesting to get an accurate account of all the MF I have.

2 Likes

Aah ok, that makes it a little more expensive than the equivalent established concentrates on the market overall, I was referring to in my earlier post , but not by too much.

I am mixing 3 test samples for each flavour using the medicine flower dropper initially in 8, 14, and 20 drops in a 20ml AG mix and leave to steep naturally for a period of 1-4 weeks to see how they develop

I have a feeling this will be pretty strong. You can always dilute them if it’s too powerful.

1 Like

Save me doing it later today, how many drops are in ml of concentrate using the MF dropper Provapes?

Just from past experience… depending on the type of dripper, around 25 to 40. I didn’t measure the MF glass dripper yet.

Just measured them out with the MF Dropper and it came to 45 drops per ml, by my estimate.

So will do 6, 8, and 10 drops per 20ml for my initial tests

1 Like

hah! thats funny…i bought a 16 oz bottle of dragonfruit from TFA the other day for $16…thats 473 ml for $16…i then bought a 15ml bottle of MF for $22…
i mix upward of 14-16% of say TFA flavors…but only 1% of MF flavors…so yeah, its steep, but oooh so good!

Ok, I know once I read through this whole thread I will have an idea of which flavors to buy. But what would you guys recommend for my first 5 bottles of Medicine Flower? I am ready to move onto some fruit and dessert recipes.

1 Like

Very well said…brilliant!

And the way to do that is by having a superior product that is so dramatically different from your competition, or that has the appearance of that quality, or that it can be viewed as a status symbol. With regard to MF, I haven’t tried but the one flavor, watermelon, but if it’s indicative of their product line then quality and realistic taste will have me buying more. I went to a tasting yesterday and MF Watermelon got more attention from the folks there than anything. But (and this is a big but) a 30 ml bottle of this as a single flavor only cast me $1.78 to make. I’ll take that quality and price all day long!

2 Likes

The Blueberry as recommended by @Ken_O_Where is equally as good as the watermelon. @Ken_O_Where also recommends the Vanilla. I’m sure there are several more but I’m waiting for my retest to be completed because I botched my 1st taste session with a heat steep.

1 Like