Lotus flavor?

$500 first order. $300 subsequent orders. But I wouldn’t assume that’s them not making a profit :wink:

Lol I meant profit margarine for me, the guy pretending to want to retail their products!

2 Likes

Oh believe me they know what you want them for. I think they want customers.

1 Like

OK, I just did a test bottle of the only flavor I picked up from MF…I did a bare minimum, 1%, we’ll see how it tastes after 3-4 weeks steeping…
My question is this:
Usually flavors get muted when you hit 20-30%, but what about this stuff? What happens when you mix 5-6%? Does it just get better? Or does it mute???
I don’t know, but this honeydew melon is so incredibly delicious at such small %'s…its kinda unbelievable…

1 Like

I’m hoping they all are like that.

Maybe you should start testing after a week. I was told that’s the least amount of steep needed to an idea of how these flavors are.

These are so concentrated you wouldn’t need that much to get your desired flavor. At these prices it wouldn’t be worth it for me.

From what I’ve read, these are .3 to .8% single flavor mix. I’m testing mine at .5% and adjusting to taste. The Watermelon I sent you was at .8 and plenty flavorful for a single flavor mix.

4 Likes

The only thing I’ve had time to read is here, and went by your recommendation of 3 drops per 10ml. So I made a 60ml batch yesterday and weighed the 18 drops and it came out to 0.6g, or 0.033g per drop. So if that’s within the 0.3 to 0.8% range then either my scale is off or I need to get the specific gravity as 1:1 it came out to 1%. I may just make a 10% dilution to make life simpler. That whole x number of drops things doesn’t work for me anyway.

anybody know if MF will have a sale this week/weekend/Monday? i’m gonna make an order of relatively substantial size, so, of course, i want to get the most out of it…

You should signup for their newsletter.

2 Likes

Got five flavours coming over to the UK from MF, looking forward to trying them.

3 Likes

All sales active NOW through Cyber Monday.

30% off- Unflavored Nic Base, FA, INW, FE, HS, Jungle, Northwest VG Flavors

60% off - NF

20% off- Lotus(MF) Flavors, FW flavors

So I guess I will be trying some of these after all! As a gift I’m getting the Watermelon, Pear and White Peach (those who know me, know how fucking mental I’m going about this one!!)

I think they said I will get them Monday, although…it could really be a month or 2 from now for all I care, because I wont be seeing a day off for ages…

I’ll get to smell them right before I go to bed though! :smile:

What are we categorizing these as btw? I would assume “White Peach (Medicine Flower)” since that is the proper actual maker of the flavors?

I just see a couple others on the site too, like lotus/lotus flavor

@daath do you have a preference here? I apologize if this has already been discussed

2 Likes

:grinning:are you tweaking?

1 Like

Mine showed up on my stash as (Medicine Flower)

1 Like

That’s an understatement! It’s not like I don’t already have a ton of peach flavors and created “the perfect peach” blend I like, so lets throw another one in there! One from the sounds of it is quite actually going to be a perfect peach!

I just saved them all as such, medicine flower

1 Like

“White Peach (MF)” - MF it will expand as “Medicine Flower”… Damn, I can’t wait 'til I get the damn flavor database in place :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Flavor Database. . .oooohhh.

So guys, I am definitely a NOTHING in moderation sort of person. . .but there is no way in hell I am paying those prices. They need to dilute the stuff in PG where you can measure and tweak it precisely and sell it at a lower price. I can go buy 10 bottles of MF (which, BTW should be abbreviated !!!MF!!!) or 150 different flavors from the other brands. I get it, I definitely will pay for quality. Nearly everything I own is commercial grade. . .but this is a hobby and these are flavors. I’ve got juices with over 10 flavors. At these prices it’s like mixing cocktails with 30 year old scotch. It’s like making a Frappucino with kopi luwak. It’s like commuting in a Ferrari. . .and this is from the guy that doesn’t even use nicotine. I do this PURELY for flavor.

I dont know, it started as a rant about the business model and turned into whatever the above is. . .jealousy?

I think they’ll do just fine with their business model. Not everybody aims to be Walmart or McDonalds. The crowd that gets what they’re offering and is into that will pay the prices.

1 Like

It’s all about preferences. They are steep price wise and it’s a individual choice as to what your limits are. I set out a while ago to obtain the best flavors possible and these are the best I’ve tasted. These are very simple to mix using drops. I average 3 drops per 10 mls… Sometimes 4. The flavor of these are the natural fruit tastes, not a doctored version of the fruits. Predictable flavors are very easy to mix.

1 Like

While I might completely disagree with your statement and premise, my rant was not questioning the viability of their business model, it was criticizing it.

PV, I definitely get it. If you only knew, my friend.

I suppose another way to put it is: everyone is ALREADY, by the nature of the process, diluting the shit. I’m not talking about lowering it’s quality, I’m talking about lowering the price of entry? See, that aint WalMart. . .it’s like paying $200 to rent a Ferrari for an hour.

Now, let’s disregard the fact that most on here then add poison that is extracted from heavily pesticide/fertilizer laden tobacco, Even if it is worth it, it is a STUPID business model that makes their product inaccessible to most, and painfully difficult to the few that would choose to afford it. So much so, that even those that are jumping up and down about it possess, what? maybe 10 flavors? PV, do you see yourself with 500 medicine flower flavors one day?

I’m not as bent out of shape as I sound, but I do want my point taken correctly and not distilled into absurdity.

Apologies if I misunderstood you. Respectfully, I think you misunderstood me.

When I compare them to Walmart and McDonalds I meant that those companies choose to seek large audiences to sell high volumes attracted by lower costs. Cartier or a Morton’s steak house do not. I can still get a burger at Morton’s, but I’m definitely catering to a different crowd. Not every corporations desire is to serve the many. Nor is it their responsibility. I don’t own any of the MF flavors. They aren’t in my price range. If they were, I would. I’m not gonna hate on them for it though. My comments had nothing to do with quality.

Just my two cents. And you are absolutely entitled to yours.

2 Likes