Man all stations!

Not a joke. A real thing.

1 Like

Oh no I hope you can get it sorted out this forum is great im learning so much good luck with the fight I hope it goes well. I donā€™t understand why people do stuff like that there is no reason to attack peoplease for just sharing knowledge

1 Like

They try to do it for many reasons. Prestige in the black hat hacking community, bragging rights, to shut down sites because of ideology, or just to be jerks.

Even if they arenā€™t trying to be jerks they definitely are

ā€¦pretty sure theyā€™re trying to get to JoJoā€™s email :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about it, but Iā€™d rather just not waste bandwidth on them :slight_smile:

Slight update: Since then a few more people (or the same) has tried crawling and scraping the site, this time trying to hide it better, and be more gentle on the server. I could have just let them, since they werenā€™t overloading the server like before, but I just donā€™t like it, so I blocked them as I will block any other attemptā€¦

13 Likes

We should talk again, Iā€™ll check if you fixed a problem I noticed last year :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate. Went through that more than once when I was running my gaming clan. Like now, IPā€™s kept changing, tracked it back to a proxy service and shut it down. Good luck, backup the database, and keep us informed.

Always assume the worst and react accordinglyā€¦

2 Likes

Dont know why I havent already but Thanks! @core Awesome of you to help out :smile:

3 Likes

Wow, there are some REALLY persistent people out there. They keep trying and trying to scrape the site, from tons of different IPs, networks, hosting providers, compromised machines :confused: Annoying as fuck.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this is related at all, but the last two days Iā€™ve received quite a few spam e-mail from Danish accounts, like aalborggods i.e.

It is sad that there are people in this world with nothing better to do than to try and cause others problems but unfortunately it is the reality of the world we live in today.

Just keep in mind you created this place so all of the cool people in this community would have a great place to hang out and share all of there hard work with others. I am sure you know when something great happens there are always the mindless little ass holes with no life just waiting in the shadows to try and take it down.

Keep up the great work you do @daath it is truly appreciated by many world wide.

9 Likes

This ^^^^^^^ :+1:

4 Likes

Dunno, but doubt it - Iā€™ll take a lookā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.