Many Questions.... Flavor/Mixes

Hi everyone. This has been on my mind for a good while now…

I am over 2/3 years mixing- and have all the tools to mix pretty much whatever I want… I sure hope this comes off as I thinking it does…

I recently picked up a few items from one of my favorite ppl on here- and after running through 60ml of his juice, I went back to mine- and noticed a BIG DIFFERENCE. I still classify myself as a noob, with maybe a special skill or two, but forever learning. With that said, my juice was a 1/10. #rip

I run “This Mod”

“Coils”

freemax_fireluke_2_coils_-_box

I run exclusively at 45 watts- as I felt that was a good number for bakeries- and both fruits. I could be wrong here, so please let me know what you think.

I could also have “Vapers Tongue” as well, but definitely not my only issue.

I put this in the “Beginner” section- as if I am experiencing these type issues after years of mixing, im betting others have too.

Your time and thoughts are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks Everyone!

Dan

6 Likes

Hi Dan.

Adding details of what you vape (and vaped for the change in liquid) would be useful to help us on any vapers tongue issue.

6 Likes

Is this a recipe that he gave you or was it a bottle that he sent to you?

6 Likes

Hiya @SquirrelSmash. Im mainly a Bakery type cat, so it was definitely in that rang of flavors. A custard, to a custard, but the difference was highly noticeable. Even today, I got done with a Milkshake Shake I received- and went to a Butter Pecan recipe- and I immediately went back to another bottle of his. Tastes great again! #fml

6 Likes

A bottle that was sent @TorturedZen. What are you thinking bud? Thanks!

4 Likes

Here is my “FINALLY” updated Flavor List. I have a cart going at BCF- and would be happy to include any flavors I might have overlooked. As always peeps. Thank you for your time! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

So you are ok?

FML?! (I spent over a decade in China.)

3 Likes

Ha! I guess my skillz are not what I thought they were after comparing the gift juice I received vs what I am able to make currently @SquirrelSmash.

This rabbit hole is one deep MF- and now trying to gain knowledge beyond basic mixing is where I am at…

Kinda long-winded, but there’d be NO WAY I could figure these things out without ya’ll. TY!!

2 Likes

Some times its not the recipe but the percentage of the flavors in the recipe (over flavored). I vape a old recipe of mine and its great for the first 3-4 puffs then my taste buds seem to get overwhelmed and have to switch to a diffrent recipe to taste anything again. Equipment has gotten so much better over a short period of time.

4 Likes

I’d suggest fixing on a single kind of vape to blend yourself at first and then build up extras on top. For example, I am quite poor on bakery blends but tobacco and dry cocktails is my comfort zone: So, I do chat to bakery natives a bit when I go down that road.

4 Likes

@rcleven Hey bud. I find myself “hopefully I’m not alone” grabbing some great flavors from the stash- and using the avarage percentages that is subjected… Huge mistake I’m sure, but its a good way to try and figure out what is what.

Over flavoring is a concern as well. Im honestly thinking about taking ot down to single flavors again- and going from there. Cap VC isn’t terrible as a single flavor to vape. I feel a little beat down because of it tbh. Thanms for the reply brother!!

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking @SquirrelSmash! 7 flavors- at 7 different percentages… Gets nutty when you don’t have the knowledge of what every flavor does exactly.

Like @Iv3shf posted the other day…

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

I mean… FUK!!!

Sorry to keep going, but I am the kinda guy who does things 110% awesome, or its not worth my time- and with that being said, I believe this may be the calm before the knowledge storm hits me square in the face. :muscle:

4 Likes

I can understand the need to perfect a recipe and maximise its potential - I do that a lot. Though it would be remise of me to say that TPA/TFA is the way to go with that: I made a Flavorah stash conversion last year (pricy but worth it) and am looking into getting MF in the UK cheaply.

It may be my own style but I find that TPA/TFA are not suited to complex blends.

4 Likes

Been there. I find there is no single custard that can be used as a stand alone. Whats missing with one will be covered in another. Cap VC goes great with Inw Custard to support the Cap VC as the main.
I’m a big believer in KISS recipes. Still trying to figure out how TFA VC II got hyped.
Take it slow and easy. It will come to you

5 Likes

@D.Sims I’m sorry brother, I accidentally sent you the juice with CRACK in it. Oooops !!!

Kidding. At work currently, but I’m trying to catch up here. Did you get vapers tongue after vaping my juice, or ??

2 Likes

@D.Sims don’t be hard on yourself. I won’t even TELL you how much product I waste. If you can imagine all of the cryptic FAIL notes that I have to keep, before something even REMOTELY starts making me NOT hate it. If you only knew. The hardest part can be figuring out how things pair, and at what strengths they need to be at, in RELATION to each other. Like ONE Custard is heavy, and the MAIN note, then how to ADD to that without fucking it up. LOL, easy right ?? Umm, NOPE. Maybe I’ll send you another S’mores (I know, I know, how many times do I have to do it ?), that currently tastes like Burnt Tires and Assholes. Matter of fact, I was thinking of NAMING it that.

Soo many fails, and not enough time to cover them all. Give me more info, … driving …

6 Likes

Hehe, yeah, and that’s why I seldom release things. There’s always SOMETHING that isn’t right, or needs to be fixed, or changed. Never enough time.

4 Likes

We all have countless fails - they matter when we spot them and flag a personal fuck up.

4 Likes

That a BIG negative @SessionDrummer. I think its my vanilla, on top of vanilla, on top of vanilla in most recipes I mix that did it. That Cherry Bomb made things just right when I first got into her. Cake Shake was next- and now its Black Label Custard. Everyone super awesome- and doing its thing for me! #crack

3 Likes

Get home @SessionDrummer. Im here all night bro. :metal:

2 Likes