Marshmallow

I see people use marshmallow. Is it for its flavor or sweetness?

2 Likes

Short answer both. Lol.

For my taste buds. Marshmallow FA 0.25-0.99% sweetness. 1.0%-2.0% sweet and mallow for example.

2 Likes

I sometimes use it to add a little sweetness and some body to my recipes.

2 Likes

TFA and CAP MM, to me don’t have any sweetness. Even went as far to do single flavor test for both and no,zero sweetness. Haven’t tried FA or FLA or FW.

1 Like

Yup…both and one more…mouthfeel; softens up some of my tobacco concentrates. Some folks use MTS (mellow thick & smooth)…I sometimes use marshmallow from .25 to 1%. :wink:

FA marshmallow fan.

4 Likes

its used for both it also gives a fullness to some recipes

3 Likes

I 2nd @Kinnikinnick sweetness and mouthfeel and some of the marshmallow flavoring is why I use it. Gives body to a juice.

3 Likes

Marshmallow is the “sugar” of making liquid.

3 Likes

I prefer marshmallow to the likes of sucralose, it’s more versatile too. As mentioned it also adds a soft, sugary mouthfeel you don’t get from other sweeteners. FA is my favorite. Actually does taste like marshmallow when used at higher %, can be used as a main flavor. I like meringue also for similar reasons, that offers a more powdered sugar feel and taste. Both together can be great in sweet cake mixes.

2 Likes

I feel like the only one who doesnt get sweetness from marshmellow? even at a few drops per 10 mil, i get muted flavors that im trying to sweeten.

2 Likes

Have you tried the exact same mix with and without the marshmallow, after a steep? What else is in your mix when this happens?

1 Like

It only happened to me when I made a blackberry blueberry flavor. I like my mixes real tasty. So I think what happened with me is to much pg. because now it mellowed out. I don’t like marshmallow flavor. But I will buy a 10 ml bottle some time. No I never had muted flavores. I have no clue what causes that. I been DIY for like a month now. I have had good luck so far

1 Like

Did you use any EM (Ethyl Maltol) or Cotton Candy in your mix? They are know to mute flavors over time.

2 Likes

Yes i have tried it without, i do most of my experimenting with my ADV, that way i have a better idea whats happening.
BUT I have also tried it in other mixes with similar results, i get fluff and no sweet.
Could just be TFA, or it could just be me.

1 Like

I found TFA’s mallow to neither have much smell or flavour, I rarely used it though, I find FA’s more spot on. Could possibly be just TFA’s causing the problem

3 Likes

I have tried both FA and CAP marshmallow. I love FA for sweetening and body. Also for it’s flavor at higher percentages. I have tried to sub the CAP in some of the recipes at double the percentage, but even then it’s no where near as good or comparable with FA. I will have to try a stand alone of CAP’s at higher percentage and see if I can get anything from it, but I will only be buying more FA marshmallow in the future.

2 Likes

FA Marshmallow is the Sugar in the Cookie for Me.

1 Like

The one thing we forget sometimes when we are new mixers (more talking to myself but I will share my inner thoughts as it may help some people) … is that all taste is acquired. We don’t like chocolate because we walked into a cafe at the age of 30 and ate chocolate. We acquired a taste for it because our mom made chocolate cake or ate Hershey Bars. Most flavors are something we “learned” to like.

I think a lot of people start by trying to “clone” a vape from the store or a zamplebox that knocked our socks off. For me personally it was a disaster because I tried to do it on the cheap. I’m still trying to clone “Chronos” by Alpha… and still failing. I had to accept I was never going to perfectly clone that liquid… but I knew I could get close and at some point make something better - and I have.

I hope I am not bursting a bubble here but the truth is that I had to acquire a taste for a lot of these flavors we mix with and some of them took time to see the subtle differences of how they play together.

2 Likes

Anybody have a recipe where the Marshmallow is the lead flavor? I’m thinking of trying a marshmallow cereal vape without the cereal. Kinda like those marshmallows in Lucky Charms.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input Maureen. I love this strawberry from Madd hatter I used to spend 53$ on a 120 ml bottle. I have been trying to clone it but just ain’t happening. I have not been trying for a long time but kind of gave up. But what’s funny is I like mine. Sorta see what your saying

1 Like