Matching O-rings to specific tanks

Is there a site that will tell you what size o-rings to get to match your specific tank? My Horizon Sakerz Master tank o-ring went flying off when I was trying to unscrew the base to replace the coil and I can’t find it on my kitchen floor. I went to Sourcemore (where I bought the tank) and it just says the size of the tank is 30*56mm, which doesn’t help me because the o-ring on that tank sits below where the top screws on. I have many tanks, so I would love to be able to find a site that will tell me which size o-rings I need for each device.

6 Likes

Basically I had shit loads of them from old tanks but tossed them, once you find the size you can find something that fits, even if they stretch a bit it won’t matter much, just as long as you can get it to compress (seal) when you thread in it’ll stop… It’s just gravity, so anything with the appropriate thickness will work but if you’re using a girthy guy make sure you lube it up before screwing to avoid sheering it when you tighten it down.

4 Likes

This site is better: O-Ring Size Chart for U.S. & Metric Standard Sizes

I think they’re just nitril rings? Not sure, whatever is cheapest.

Can’t find the old kits, but there’s something similar to this:

that would come in handy

6 Likes

Thank you Joel,
I still have so much to learn and I don’t have any experience with these, so this will help guide me to what I need.

4 Likes

Get a pair of cheap calipers, they come in handy

5 Likes
5 Likes

Similar to that but there was a smaller kit I had years ago

6 Likes

Go to the Horizon web page. If you can’t find the exact size drop them an email. They might offer you a package (like the one that came with the RDA) of O rings. O rings come in all different sizes and width. Hard to gamble in mult packs.

6 Likes

Ugh, thank you. I will keep looking or wait for someone to chime in. Appreciate the help!

3 Likes

That is very helpful, I will do that, thank you. I have a lot of different tanks, so an assortment kit might be useful, as well. I sure wish they made glow in the dark o-rings. yeah, yeah, I know they make colored o-rings, too. The one I lost is white/translucent, so I can’t find it on my white kitchen floor, lol.

3 Likes

Put your dogs to work.

4 Likes

and @Joel

Pepper and I say thank you and Merry Christmas!

5 Likes

Peaches

6 Likes

Oh!! My heart is melting!! He or she is utterly gorgeous!

5 Likes

She was a bad, bad, bad dog Tuesday. I’m still pisted at her. On our walk she took after a deer. Only came home 4 1/2 hours later. Came back prancing down the street from the swamp. Took two days to pull all the burrs out of that long hair. She saw me welcoming her home on the driveway and she couldn’t look at me. She knew she was bad .

7 Likes

I’m just grateful she came home and didn’t get attacked by a coyote or wolf or bear. Where do you live?
I have a fenced in acreage and surrounded it with electric wires near the base because another one of my dogs likes to dig and escape. It is so scary because we have a lot of wild animals here!

6 Likes

Or “they” “them”

2 Likes

The day is coming when we will be forced to ask them what their pronouns are!

2 Likes

Hopefully the email to Horizon will be successful. If not, this may help. I found an image for your tank & o’rings.

It appears that there are 3 o’rings that are the same size, for the tank.
Remove one of the remaining o’rings, and lay it on the millimeter side of a ruler, like so:

In this case, it shows 20mm outside diameter, and 18 mm inside diameter. That tells us that the o’ring material thickness is 1 mm.

So, if I were to order this o’ring from one of the o’ring suppliers, I’d order:
20 mm x 18 mm x 1mm.

You could do the same for your Horizion tank, if you get backed into a corner. Just thought I’d offer a plan B, in case you need it.

Good Luck!

12 Likes

I sent an email to HorizonTech asking about their o-rings. Interestingly enough, I didn’t see any o-rings for sale at their store.
Anyway, thank you and @Joel for guiding me.

5 Likes