Matching O-rings to specific tanks

Thank you! The HorizonTech website says their Sakerz Master tanks has a 27mm diameter and the Falcon Kings which I also need o-rings for is 26mm diameter, so do I go with 27mm and 26mm or do I go with 20mm so I can stretch it out?

4 Likes

My back yard is all Forrest preserve. It is a Kame. It’s where the glasures ended during the ice age. Pretty much all swamp land. No cars but lots of ticks these days. We would walk it all the time. She probably knows it better than I do. It has a lot of small mammals (rabbit, coons, skunks, hedgehog’s) a couple coyote family’s. A lot of small reptiles. She is pretty safe during the day. My last dog lived practically lived back there till it got hungry and came home.

6 Likes

The price differential will probably be minimal. If it were me, I’d get them both.

Not sure if the 26 & 27 mm is tank diameter, or o’ring inside or outside diameter. You’ll need all 3 parameters if you’re ordering from an o’ring supplier. (OD x ID x thickness).

If the 26 & 27 mm diameters are overall tank diameter, that won’t do you much good, by itself.

6 Likes

Sounds beautiful. Here is a shot of my front, it is mostly forest land with some agricultural land. Where do you live? S. Oregon here. Ugh, ticks, they are abundant here as well. It is so creepy when you are sleeping and you can feel them crawling on you. Now, twice a year, I collect empty toilet paper rolls, some laundry lint and I spray with tick poison so that the mice get into the lint to build their nest and the ticks crawl on the mice and die. I have noticed a big decrease in the amount of ticks my 4 dogs and 1 kitty bring in.

4 Likes

She gave you the length only? The grith of the Oring is important too. Do you have O rings from other mods at home?
Follow @d_fabes d_fabes advise.

5 Likes

You have been so helpful, thank you so much. I will measure my o-rings the way you showed me in the pic above. I’m glad you pointed out that the diameter of the tank is not the same or I would have ended up with many too large o-rings.

5 Likes

Yes, I will have to measure the diameter size. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction so that I didn’t order the wrong size.

5 Likes

Which is exactly what happens, when you order one of those big multi packs…lol
You end up with a huge stock of o’rings that you’d never use in 100 years.
(Don’t ask me how I know)

6 Likes

This group is a wealth of information!

4 Likes

Ha! I got about 10 3/4 and 1/2 inch water hose.

6 Likes

I will wait and see if Horizon replies back to me. Later today, I will measure the o-rings. Thank you so much y’all!

5 Likes

Another tank you have may have the the size you need. Tanks come with spare O rings.

4 Likes

Yes, but eventually they will break or pop off and pull a disappearing act like mine did this morning and I will need to order some. Besides, all this is helpful info for me to know anyway.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever seen glow in the dark o-rings?

3 Likes

Don’t know if they glow in the dark but I have seen florescent.

4 Likes

My search has come up empty, will try fluorescent o-rings.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. The o’ring in the kitchen will turn up.

The day after your o’ring order arrives.

6 Likes

Might check out your local Gasket Supplier like:

Tractor Gaskets & O-Rings at Tractor Supply Co.

](https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/tractor-gaskets-o-rings)

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Now I know I don’t necessarily need o-rings that is specifically made for a specific tank when they are so universal.

2 Likes

Did Horizon get back to you over night?

3 Likes