Matching O-rings to specific tanks

There are many manufactures of rings conforming to many in and out of country standards. If I remember correctly, China loosely adhered to (ISO) metric rings. I would ask the person at the counter if I could test metric rather than US domestic o-rings first. I would go with GPR (neoprene/buna n is acceptable too) rubber.

6 Likes

Nope, I haven’t heard back, but at least now I know how to measure the sizes I need to get in the future.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all the info you have provided me.

3 Likes

I’m a bit late to the party here but wouldn’t we have to use food grade silicone O rings for our atomisers?

7 Likes

Good question!

3 Likes

Most O rings are food grade. Even the rubber ones. Almost every faucet in the world wouldn’t be able to be sold.

5 Likes

I’m learning so much!

5 Likes

Good point, thanks.

5 Likes

Harbor Freight seems to have a number of assorted packs that have thin thicknesses (many of the other stores with plumbing assortments look to be too thick). They aren’t metric but seem to be equivalent to most vape sizing <26mm. https://www.harborfreight.com/225-piece-nitrile-o-ring-assortment-67677.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiODU2OTI4NjgiLCJza3UiOiI2NzY3NyIsImlzIjoiNC40OTI1In0%3D&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=19426351582&campaignid=19426351582&utm_content=145202587895&adsetid=145202587895&product=67677&store=509&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpMvux66l_AIVSceGCh2TrQGBEAQYBCABEgIgkfD_BwE

4 Likes

https://www.harborfreight.com/205-piece-hnbr-o-ring-kit-67644.html

I have a Kylin 2 and was having trouble finding an O-ring that fits between the topcap and bubble glass, the one I have in place now is too thick and when it compresses (it works) but overhangs the glass a bit - brought me to this discussion. Looks like I will be making a trip over to Harbor Freight (their prices seem better than the aforementioned options.

4 Likes

How can you tell what size thickness the O-rings are when you buy a tank off a website, i.e. Sourcemore?

1 Like

I don’t think you can…but they are generally like thin (1/16" seems about right for most), for specific specifications on something like this or the set screw sizes, I have found it best to email the manufacturer.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your insight. I emailed Horizon Tech, but still have not heard back from them.

2 Likes