Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

OK, well that’s GOOD intel. Smell it an dsee how it smells. I tested the Lemon at 0.25% but that one was probably one of the strongest MF’s. You could even go down to 0.3-0.4% if it smells really strong. The others should be fine between 0.75 and 1.0%.

5 Likes

If more people tried them, they would. The higher price per bottle scared many people off, despite the very low usage rates. The fact that they are all natural extracts, makes them even more impressive.

5 Likes

Although it’s always up to our OWN tastes, perspectives, palates, I’ve never had more 10/10’s than I did with MF.

6 Likes

I like to test MF at .5 and 1 pct there can be a huge difference between that half of percent and it will allow you to gauge if it’s one of the Super duper strong flaves …Coffee is potent very strong I would keep that low .25pct and that may be too strong

9 Likes

I really like how the MF tastes. You could always just get some VG and some flavoring and give it a shot. People often get stuck at certain flavours so i’d suggest they actually try out these once. The flavours here are pure, not like CAP or TFA which are diluted in PG. My personal favourite is Vanilla and Lemon. Once you open the bottle it starts losing the flavours so it is advised to dilute them beforehand.

2 Likes

Huh ??? I have never experienced loss of flavor from MF …

5 Likes

Thanks for responding to my post from 2017. It’s been awhile since I made that comment. Lol. :rofl:

As for lost of flavor…well there may be some from 3ml bottle I bought from ecx…now flavor jungle and it’s still about 90% or more the same flavor from back them.

As for dilution… @fidalgo_vapes there are some people that will add pg in hopes to maintain the flavor longer but I haven’t bothered. I remember this being a discussion (short discussion) from 2017-2018’ish.

Maybe @Alisa could chime in? As part of the old flavor guard and may have better recollection.

6 Likes

I have, once.
It was with a bottle of butterscotch (from the Lotus days at ECX). And that 5ml bottle was between 2 and a half, to 3 years old when I noticed a loss in potency.

Nothing like what nethan seems to imply above.

MF are not going to lose flavor simply by uncapping them long enough to use them normally and then recap.

6 Likes

This i can see …Ive had several conversations with Alysia mf owner avout several things …I think most things DIY people do are just experiments with no actual evidence of results…Ya ive had the Lotus flaves not taste 100 but diluting isnt gonna make them last longer …Adding another base like Pg or VG will by itself make the flavor weaker

I also keep all my flaves in a refer at 50 to 55 f and kept in a room that stay apprx 65f all year so maybe that helps…

I think ECX ( lotus ) had a lot of flavor change due to the rubber droppers . One thing I do everytime I order from MF dirwct is request a Cap so I can toss that dropper

7 Likes

Right there with you brother!

Phenolic caps on glass for the longevity win! :wink:

8 Likes

Unlike all the other MF fruits I’ve tried, this one came across as very authentic, and clean taste. It seemed to lean towards the deeper side of a blackberry, as opposed to a brighter one. The sweetness seemed lower than some of the other MF flavours, and it was laid back in comparison too. Some added sweetness might help it pop more. I don’t think I would use this as a main blackberry flavour, but more so as a booster or additive to others. Though not as sweet as blackberry, and neither as strong as many others, the flavour leaves a very calming effect which I miss with other ones. Plus, it helps me get rid of odour issues after vaping. So cheers.

8 Likes

Today starts my SFT on 2 Vanilla’s from MF Dark Vanilla (Silver) (MF) and French Vanilla (silver) (MF). For Shits and grin’s I made a third SFT of Holy Reserrection (DIYFS). All 10ml. All 70VG/30PG. Both MF flavors tested at .7%. Holy Reserrection testing at 4%. Plan is to test 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks. I have noticed there are flavor percentage only in notes. No Flavor notes. Let’s change this and put the Holy Vanilla comparisons to bed.

7 Likes

I dont have either yet…I need to place an order for Lemon soon. Cant wait to hear your thoughts

4 Likes

What I’m most curious about is comparing the MF to Holy Reserrection. Most people don’t SFT and go by the notes. There are no notes. What surprised me most there are only 2 public recipes.

5 Likes

Outstanding @rcleven. I have 20 flavors I have to get through, and I’m RIGHT there with you.

3 Likes

I read the whole thread sporadically over a few months to try and refine a Medicine Flower order. It was good fun reading it. I particularly liked Session Drunmers reviews.

Has anything changed? It’s been quite a while since this thread flowed freely.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Anthonyb

About the only thing that’s changed, is that MF made things a little confusing. The split up the OG line of extracts into the Premium, and Silver lines now, but beyond that, it’s still Full Steam Ahead.

5 Likes

Stuff i make sure i never ever run out of and when i do i panic buy:

Banana (Silver line now)
Vanilla
Blueberry (Silver line now)
Lemon (This one was always alcohol based so its only available as Silver)
Strawberry (i dont mix with it a lot but i use it in my tea, lemonade and yogurt/ice cream)
French Vanilla (recently tried and am in love)
Peach/White Peach
Dark Chocolate

Now i do keep stock of quite a few more but i use them more in cooking/jams. Recently i started buyin the Silver Line and wont go back to Premium. And that French Van is a Silver extract, it is absolutely the best french van out there and can easily be used as a custard base. I use it between .2-.45%.

The Silver line i have been starting at half of the Premium line and some can go lower, like Blueberry silver, it is slightly more than double the strength as is Banana Silver.

Hope that helps.

8 Likes

Thanks Ken,

I see that there is still blueberry and banana in the premium line. Why have you opted to get them in the silver line and what’s the difference in terms of mixing? Is there alcohol in the silver line?

5 Likes

Silver line is alcohol based, stay away from the Gold line for inhalation as they are oil based.

My reasoning is strength, the Silver line so far has been at least twice as strong and they are only a couple bucks more per bottle soooo much more bang for the buck. They taste the same but as there are only a couple folks using them so no real consensus yet, these are my opinions.

I plan on making another order when next there is a sale so i can try more. We have a Silver thread:

and i plan on adding notes as i go. So far very good!

6 Likes