Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

Who here has worked with Mandarin? I keep going back and forth on whether it is good or not, it is not straight orange but definitely adds a certain quality to recipes. At 1%, you can definitely start to taste the flesh. Not in a bad way though.

2 Likes

The Mandarin is really good. But to me the FA Mandarin is just as good, just not as potent. Opinions, opinions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My FA Mandarin separated really easily and taste pretty sour. Maybe I got a weird batchā€¦

2 Likes

Hi Ken, just wondering if you have tried medicine flower coconut. I cant find any reviews for it ?

3 Likes

I havent, sorry. After using Coconut Extra (TPA) i feared using anything that could be potentially more potent. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ok thank you

1 Like

Made me chuckle there. Deja Vu moment. :grinning:

1 Like

White Chocolate
I think this is the creamiest flavor Iā€™ve ever tasted. It kind of reminds me of the texture of melted almond bark. It literally feels thick in my mouth. (Since its Friday Iā€™ll throw in a ā€œthatā€™s what she saidā€ hereā€¦:smirk:) Its not a standalone flavor, but I used it in a mix with some custards and whipped cream and I was blown away by how it pushed those ingredients into the thick and creamy zone like never before. I will be buying this flavor again!

9 Likes

Has anyone dared throw a MF flavor in at 1.5 or 2%? I wonder if this would work or it would mute your taste buds by even looking at the bottleā€¦

Trying to get as much lemon as I can out of a recipe and I am about to make a 0.5%, 1%, and 2% SF mix just to see what they taste like.

Would like to see how far these can be pushedā€¦

2 Likes

Yes orange kiwi and melon. But do it with caution. Other flavors will not push through the mix. Sadly I donā€™t have lemon.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s NO WAY you could talk me into trying that! :rofl: At least, not with my taste buds, with my hardware setup, and vaping style.

A max of 4 drops does me just fine in 30ml for a SF.

I find time to be far more important where MF is concerned, and my absolute bare minimum is 1 month, and usually 6-8 weeks (flavor dependant) for a full bloom.

More power to you though! And Iā€™ll be waiting with baited breath to hear your report after the 6-8 week mark. I expect much weeping and gnashing of teeth. :laughing: :wink:

5 Likes

:scream: No lemon MF? What are you doing with your life??? Hopefully this is due to unavailability reasonsā€¦

What is the highest you have gone with any MF flavors, which ones, and how far?

@Sprkslfly
I will report back for sureā€¦ No shame, only science, lol.

3 Likes

Since I canā€™t use the quick emoticons, Iā€™ll go old fashioned on youā€¦ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Mainly the three mentioned. But I steep 4-6 weeks. Usually around the 1% as the highest. I think kiwi I did as high as 1.25 or 1ā€¦but I like the bitter earthy notes.

As for lemon. Well I stocked up on orange (6 ecx bottles) and kiwi (7 ecx bottles) and melon (4 ecx bottles). So I picked my three favorite mf fruits and purchased wild raspberry and a few others. Sadly skipped lemon mf because I still have lemon fe.

3 Likes

yes honeydew melon @2pct and vanilla ive taken to 1.5pct and strawberry i believe up to 2 or maybe even 3 ( the strawberry is actually weak ) but the lemon i wouldnt go above .5 in a mix and typically .25 to .35 are more than enough

3 Likes

an example , and this is turning out very good , it needs more time but as of right now this is a winner

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Iā€™ve never tried MF but have heard their strong ?? What is the typical mixing % ? Whatā€™s MF claim to fame ?? Expensive but good ?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure that youā€™re not going to enjoy lemon mf at 2%ā€¦ Unless you just want to taste lemon zest. I typically use the lemon at about 1-2 drops per 10ml. For a really nice strong lemon, try .3-.4% mf lemon and 2% fa lemon sicily. The fa will give you that sweet lemony flavor, and the mf pushes it into the realistic zone with some zest and bite.

6 Likes

Expensive but good yes. From there for me itā€™s about flavor profile. Often I find the full fruit there in a mf flavor.

Take kiwi for example. Kiwi FA is the green sweet without the tangā€¦very authentic but fades with time. Kiwi double tpa I find candy like, not authentic and so I used to mix that with kiwi FA to add a tint of candy sweet. Then kiwi mf came along and there is no candyā€¦but all the kiwi profiles are thereā€¦the skin, the sweet green, and middle white part where all the tang is at. This is not for everyoneā€¦but for me I love itā€¦I like closing my eyes and feeling the brown, the green, and the tang of a kiwi.

This is mf for some of their flavors for me. They are forgiving but disaterious. To much and no other flavor will shine. If you are worried about cost 0.25-1% for many of the flavors will do. If you donā€™t care about cost some can go to 1-3% but not really 3 and not really even to and the max for me can be from 1-2% in a mix where I want mf to shine and maybe an FA to sneakily boost one note and all the creams and mallows do is set the stage l plus shave acouple sharp notes.

And yeahā€¦blah blah blah my grammar sucks. Iā€™m not going to edit this one now. Lol. Need to head out the door.

3 Likes

strong and it is spot on flavor , a true extract , if i were you id go to ECX and grab some of the flaves they still have , the price is great i think after the discount its half off compared to the vendor cost , they will take some getting use to because you use so little and 1 to 2 drops can overwhelm a recipe , they are great , imo the lemon and vanilla are MUST haves the honeydew melon is greeeat orange , cantalupe, blueberry , peach etc the flavors i have tried all have been impressive , i would pass on the strawberry for me its just like red touch and red touch is cheaper even the banana is good and to me banana is a tough flavor and the nice thing is they get better with age on most cases steeping is a must the flavors hold up

4 Likes