Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

i like to open the vanilla and smell it over and over then wish i could get rhat smell and turn it into an exact vape been close but not exact

2 Likes

Have you tried Holy Vanilla DIYFS? I find itā€™s fairly close to MF Vanilla. Pairing the 2 might get you closer. Maybe a bit of custard to smooth it all out.

4 Likes

i have not got the holy vanilla YET

4 Likes

The combination of the two are excellent, holy van is worth the order. If i could no longer get Vanilla MF this is what i would try to replace it with.

4 Likes

ok @Ken_O_Where and @Pro_Vapes that has been bumped to numero uno on my buy list lol btw provapes love the new pic

4 Likes

Maybe he can sort out what really happened. Until then, Iā€™ll fly his flag.

3 Likes

hopefully so he could either end the speculation or out the #whinylittlebitch ( thats what bill maher calls him ) lol

3 Likes

Question about mf coffee. So, im not seeing more than a handful of recipes with it and a couple have it at 2%, which seems really high. You guys have any experience with this, any suggested % or a nice mf coffee based recipe? Lol.
If no, i could just trial and error from .1% up, but you know, trying not to waste any drops of the mfā€™s.

4 Likes

Coildnā€™t find any tasting notes on MF rum, so Iā€™ve made a special effort to add my own notes to the DB , here. As you see, it taken rather a long time to make mind up!

ā€œHaving a hard time deciding on % and steep time for this one. Tested as SF and in various mixes at various % , It generally works at around 0.5%, and higher, but has a bit of a harsh note. More of a miscellaneous spirit flavour than Rum (but same can be said of most other spirit flavours that Iā€™ve tried) However,I found it mellowed after several month steep. Would therefore recommend long steep, though itā€™s almost instantly vapeable if you donā€™t mind that harsh edge. My best batch thus far was mixed at 0.8% and had a 7-month steep! (just found it in the back of a drawer LOL). Second best is 0.6%, @ 2 month steep. Both tasted mellower and more ā€œrummyā€ than other batches. Mixes well with other MF flavours eg dark chocolate , blackcurrrant, lime. Also mixes well with other brands of flavour thus far. Like other MF flavours, no fading issues encountered; it just gets better and better with time!ā€

9 Likes

Thank you sir. I have been trying to find some info on their rum with no success.

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome :). Iā€™m more of a Ms. than a Sir, by the way, but then that makes zero difference at my vaping end. I donā€™t like to make a promotion of my genderā€¦but I do like pouncing on assumptions *wicked grin *

5 Likes

OMGā€¦Iā€™m so sorry. Either way, thank you for that bit of info.

4 Likes

No need to so sorry @NChris . If you choose a gender non-specific name, then nine out of ten forum denizens will assume that youā€™re male. Honestly, it amuses me, rather than offends!

But to get back on-topic:

Iā€™ve shied away from contributing to flavour tasting notes, because I just donā€™t have that flair for describing flavours that other posters have. Iā€™m more of an ā€œI know what I likeā€ sort of person.

That said, I can nail down a %, and optimal steep time as well as most others, I suppose. And some of these the flavours that I really like are sadly under-represented here,. So Iā€™m trying to do my bit.

There are a couple of others that I made notes on , on the ā€œother sideā€ some time back , both being favourites of mine, which nobody else had made notes on, so Iā€™d just had to go it alone. These are Violet and Sauvignon Blanc

My notes on the violet are pretty sparse. I might add that mixed in 100VG it tastes just like those Parma Violet sweets (if i recall their flavour correctly. Canā€™t eat 'em any more due to corn allergy ) - no sweetener needed! And the difference in flavour past that magic three week mark is well worth waiting for.

I pemberered to put that Iā€™m mixing for MTL in both those entries, but it really doesnā€™t seem makes much difference, if any, as regards preferred % , at least not in my case . Whatā€™s more , my preferred pre-made MTL coils (the Aspire U-tech coils) do get pretty damned hot, so , if a favour scorches at higher temperatures, Iā€™m all too likey to find that out!.

Iā€™ll transcribe the entries here, in case they vanish from the other side (such events have ben known to occur)

Grape, Sauvignon Blanc (MF)

mixed at 0.5% and 1% in aqueous VG for MTL vaping. .
Tasted 5 days later, then 2 weeks later , then 4 weeksā€¦and on. Seems to be a fast steeper , as MF flavours go. Flavour fully developed within first five days.
0.5% much preferred over 1%, the latter tasting too heavy for me.

Woot!. This smells just like Virgin Vaporā€™s old flavour ā€œIn Vino Veritasā€ , as I recall it. I had hoped this would turn out to be the case. I orderered a sample of that years ago, and straightway decided to order some, only to find theyā€™d withdrawn it from their range! I think I might have stumbled on the reason. Damn.

First tried it in a Nautilus X tank, 1.8 Ohms at 12 watts. And it tasted burnt. Ugh. Turned down the wattage and the flavour improved, but had to go too low for that tamk to perform very well :frowning: Eventually switched to using a Kanger EMOW , with 1ā€™5 ohm dual coil. with VV pen, et voila! The flavour really shines on that device, all the way up to maximum voltage (4.8) Soā€¦lack of heat stability, . But I dunno why it burns on one device and not the other. I checked Ohmā€™s law and the wattage for that kit is much the same as for Nautie X. Indeed , I later transferred the tank to my box mod, and it was fine at 12 watts.

I think itā€™s that those U-tech coils do get significantly hotter than other coils

Iā€™d happily give this a five if not for the burning issue. Itā€™s so nice as an sF, I havenā€™t had the heart to mix it with anything else yet (plus I donā€™t want the mixes to burn ,not if I can help it)

Violet (MF)
Can be vaped alnost immediately but becomes stronger and sweeter with steeping. Best after 3-4 weeks (thus far) . Mixed for MTL in aqueous VG base.

Preferred single flavor mix: 0.4%

And here are the links, in case anybody else has anything to add!

9 Likes

Please donā€™t shy away. We need more input on these flavors. Iā€™m not good at it either. I donā€™t seem to pick up a lot of nuances others do but any input is better than none.

4 Likes

@jay210 Fear NOT, there is NO WAY you can review flavors worse than me. Please keep your reviews coming !!!

6 Likes

Quote from Pentineā€™s profile:

Doing anything I can to find out everything I can. I donā€™t have time to post about every flavor so please ask me

OK, so Iā€™m asking :smiley: How did the MF lemon experiment go? Please. Itā€™s had about 6 months to steep by now!

4 Likes

Thanks @NChris . And also thanks @SessionDrummer for the encouragement

I couldnā€™t agree more. And with that in mind, Iā€™ve managed to find another neglected MF flavour in my stash: Black Currant

Now, Iā€™m apt to write that as a single word, but MF do render it as two words. Tad confusing,. perhaps? It does taste like the fresh fruit to me, not the dry currant ) My notes thus far, for what theyā€™re worth, read:

"Mixed for MTL in 100VG. Various % and mixes steeped for 7 weeks thus far. Flavour has continued to develop. Best result @1.1% as standalone, but still could use a little more flavour. Nice authentic taste "

Could perhaps add a bit by nowā€¦except Iā€™ve lost my bottle (Yeah , literally! :rofl: It must have rolled into some obscure hidey-hole whilst I wasnā€™t looking. I caught one of 'em doing just that , the other day)

5 Likes

Can anyone recommend a steeping time for White Cherry? Iā€™ve seen loads of recommended %, no recommended steep time.
Iā€™m, particularly anxious about this one because , when i opened the bottle, I really didnā€™t like the aroma; didnā€™t even recognise it as cherry at first, and sniffed around the kitchen suspiciously, wondering what had gone off? :laughing: The others have all smelled delicious in the bottle, even if they smelled naff in the mixing bottle for awhile .

So, in short, I expect this will taste delicious, but I really, really, donā€™t want to taste it too soon :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

i know that @juice_junkie_lover has this flavor or has had it in the past

3 Likes

Ohh! why didnā€™t I think of tagging people! * jumps up and down excitedly* . So has @Ken_O_Where ! Thanks for a great idea!

3 Likes